1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

C&C - Black Clover - "Adversity" [6/9]

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Nobodyman, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Previously on Black Clover:

Noelle and Leopold defeat Rades final zombie, No.3 David. Fuegoleon examines Rades Grimoire and finds that it contains a single page with only one spell, meaning necromancy is all he is capable of. Rades is revealed to have a magic item in his ear transmitting someone’s voice that warns Rades to follow their master’s plan in future. A spell suddenly activates, the zombies having been used to lure Magic Knights into teleportation traps that send almost every Magic Knight in the city to far away locations. Catherine attacks the city and begins draining the mana from every magic user in the city, aging them while her she grows younger. Yuno, who escaped the trap, battles with her and Catherine reveals the invasion was aimed at one person, Fuegoleon Vermillion, who is suddenly transported away to a different location than the other Knights. Yuno is hit by curses stealing his vision and hearing. He almost gives up but he realises that with his sight gone he is more attuned to the flow of mana. He summons Sylph to manipulate all the mana in the city to strike Catherine with a massive hurricane. Meanwhile Fuegoleon is approached by a mage he recognizes.

Tonight: Captain Fuegoleon is swallowed up by spatial magic right in front of Asta and the others. Noelle realizes that the spellcaster must be nearby, since the spell pinpointed Fuegoleon. Asta finds the spellcaster, but something unbelievable happens next.

2. Nobodyman

Previously on Black Clover: And there's the evil with overly fixated on her appearance. Long list of cliches for this show to check off.

So we're 25 episodes into this f**kin thing already huh? Well, at least that means we're probably half over.

marklungo likes this.
  3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

Last time: Chim-chiminy chim-chim-cherDIE.

So she trapped him in a float tank?

marklungo likes this.
  4. Nobodyman

And the witch is an old lady. Of course.

Time for sweet treat to get serious.

5. Kitschensyngk

And we open with the glutton.

Anthony Bourdain is rolling in his grave now.

The Witch of the Waste hasn't been taking her breakup with Howl very well.

She doesn't want your stupid cake.

"See? We were helping the fight all along!"

marklungo likes this.
  6. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

Torial would be so proud, you know this is probably ment to be shown as a joke but it says a lot about Charmy that she chose food over being a knight

7. Nobodyman

Well, I bet she feels sheepish.

Girls just wanna have lunch

8. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Well-Known Member

Holy sheep! That Black Bull girl is a baaaa-aaa-aaa-da**!

9. Kitschensyngk

"I'm so glad you're young again I think we should see other people!"

Does this have ANYTHING to do with what's going on?!

"Can't they see I'm trying to take a nap in the lap of a girl half my age?"

Great. Give them an excuse to scream.

marklungo likes this.
  10. Nobodyman

Jeez, what's with all the ripped-off limbs tonight?
    Oh please. These people scream every time someone blinks.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    marklungo likes this.
  11. Kitschensyngk

People tear other people's arms off all the time in anime. It's not like it's rare.

You can't die! You were only just introduced!

And Rabies is back.

Asta. Get over here. Your girl needs saving. AGAIN.

Yeah, yeah, eviscerate him and use his gastrointestinal tract as a condom while you fornicate with his skull, we know.

Seems Asta is giving Rabies shots.

"You were born to die, you magic-deficient swine!"
    Dude, EVERYONE'S born to die. Including you.

I'M GONNA BE THE NEXT WIZARD KING! BELIEVE IT!

Great. A new character. With an obsession of her own. Another one for the pile.

Uhh...what did Asta just do again?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    marklungo likes this.
  12. marklungo

marklungo Greetings from Honneamise

This new wizard looks like anime!Tina Belcher.

Kitschensyngk likes this.
  13. Kitschensyngk

I was going to say "anime Velma," but I like this one better.

marklungo likes this.
  14. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi Reporter

Charmy is in fact the strongest character in the show, making her the best.

15. PicardMan

PicardMan Active Member

Charmy's brief action scene was pretty cool and so was Asta punching the crud out of Rades. Without his zombies, Rades seems to be all bark and hardly any bite. A little more happened in this episode than the last. We had someone die who we just met (okay parts 1 and 2 of JoJo were guilty of doing this kind of thing too). It's interesting to note how this series handles the cast. It seems like Asta's main circle is composed of himself, Noelle, and a rotating third Black Bull (Magna, Luck, or Charmy). But in this arc, Charmy only just now got an action scene and hasn't had her obligatory flashback yet. I'm guessing the formula will continue and the next arc will be Asta, Noelle, and either mime guy or sister incest guy. Overall, a more entertaining episode than the last few episodes.

TheVileOne likes this.
  16. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episode 25 was pretty sweet,

Charmy's funny gluttonous moments, love it, like Sasha(Attack on Titan), hahahahaha.

Catherine the evil witch to show up unexpectedly for Charmy, Charmy finally gets her cool fight moment, yaaaaaay.

Charmy easily defeating Catherine with Strike of the Sleeping Sheep was awesome/funny, the poor witch, Charmy turning older was interesting, but Charmy best awesome strongest female character ever:D.

Yuno/Charmy's moment was great/funny, Charmy's crush on Yuno was cute/funny, hahahahaha, love Charmy:p.

I'll miss Catherine the evil witch, but nice with the people's youths restored.

Poor Fuegoloeon defeated and losing an arm was brutal:ack:, he'll get a new artificial arm next to Iggy.

Nice of Noelle to try to heal Fuegoloeon.

Valtos, my favorite new horrible dangerous villain, a sweet design looking like a zombie.

Asta vs. Rades was great, Asta getting stronger to cut through magic was awesome.

The other Diamond Kingdom wizard villains appear, love the new cute girl wizard villainess looking like Anime Velma/Tina Belcher, Shizuka, or Anri(Durarara!!):D.

Asta/Leopold vs. the Diamond Kingdom wizard villains begins, great cliffhanger.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 3:46 PM
  17. TheVileOne

I think Charmy doesn't turn older. It's just her exaggerated chibi form. When she fights, that's her basic "serious" form. It's like Saitama in One-Punch man sometimes like this.

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

but other times looks like this

[​IMG]

Either way, I love Charmy and she's my favorite character. So the easiest way to motivate her is telling her a bad guy wants to take her food. I also like that the chefs are so self-absorbed they think their food powered up Charmy to win that fight. That's why I enjoy the manga. The author has a fun sense of humor.

I don't think you can count Fuegoleon out of it yet. He's clearly seriously hurt, but I don't think he's dead yet.

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. I'm still not sure what to think of Charmy. Before now, she felt really tacked on to this arc. I'm not sure if this was the best place for a comedic moment given that there was just a zombie attack followed by people's magic power being absorbed to the point where they became old. I understand it's supposed to be funny and cute that she likes food that much, but it just comes off as more random than funny. Not to mention it doesn't make her look like a good person if she values food far more than helping other people.

That being said, a magic created sheep punching a witch is probably one of the more creative use of magic shown in this series thus far. Plus, she actually did something besides being comedy relief during this arc, so that's something. I still don't like that Yuno seemingly has better control over the wind fairy and I'm also not thrilled with a possible one sided crush from Charmy's point of view. Since Asta already has his harem, I guess they wanted to do something with Yuno in that department too.

I wasn't expecting Fuegoleon to be injured that badly. That was surprisingly intense. He does look like he's in bad shape, but I don't think he's dead yet. Noelle was trying to stop the bleeding and his book wasn't completely destroyed yet, so I don't think he was dead. Leopold being that upset over his brother's condition was understandable, even if he still looks much more like his father rather than his older bother, and I like that Asta was still trying to fight back. I also liked how he used his swords to break through the curses put on him so that he would stop bleeding. That was pretty smart. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

19. TheVileOne

She's in the Black Bulls for a reason. All the Black Bulls members are seen as defective or black sheep of the Magic Knights community for a reason. The worst of the worst. Charmy is a glutton. I don't think she values food more than other people or helping people either. I think her being somewhat of a dimwitted ditz, she wasn't aware of how dangerous the situation was and wanted some delicious food. If push came to shove, I think she would help her friends over eating food.

Also, she saved the kingdom from that evil witch Catherine by knocking her out. So win, win.

20. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Considering that she only punched Catherine because her food was in danger, that doesn't really give off a good impression of her character. She is supposed to be comedy relief, but it still comes off like she would choose food over people if push comes to shove. The cooks were afraid of staying due to the attacks and I assume she heard everything that happened with the Magic Knights before they went out to deal with the zombies, but she still was only focused on getting food. Maybe she'll look better when she isn't just eating or drooling over food and she actually shows concern over innocent people when it doesn't involve food. Charmy isn't unlikable, but she does come off as pretty self-centered/shallow by only thinking about food. She's far from the worse of the Black Bulls, but this first major outing for her character didn't make her look good.