Butch Hartman Leaves Nickelodeon

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Elijah Abrams, Nov 30, 2017.

1. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes you did but you don't need to go all caps on this reply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

While I’m not a fan of his newer work, I still enjoyed his shows for years. I wish him the best on future ventures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

I was just trying to be funny.

4. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Anyways.. I'm not surprised with Butch Hartman leaving Nickelodeon. He has been with Nickelodeon for at least 20 years, and not because of his dislike of Nickelodeon or dissing or anything negative. But I wish him best for future

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, as many have assumed, Bunsen is a Beast was a one season show.

Not surprised Hartman left. And I’m not worried about his future. He’s got a deal with Pocket.Watch, probably getting royalty checks, and with name recognition he won’t have trouble pushing any new IPs with whatever medium he picks.
    I wish him luck all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler Senior Member

20 years with Nick is such an accomplishment. Glad to see Hartman move on. At least now, we know that won't be getting anymore awful FOP episodes.

7. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

Well, there's still no confirmation that The Fairly OddParents has been cancelled, since Butch Hartman never mentioned anything about that.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

One thing is for sure if it does continue it will happen without him since Nickelodeon owns FOP and its only up to them whether or not to give it more seasons.

9. Asa

Asa Member

I heard about this. I wish Butch the best of luck in the future.

10. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I'm kinda glad he's gone to be honest. It will let Nick make something fresh. I wasn't a fan of his work to begin with, but I feel like many will agree that his shows started getting repetetively annoying over time - be it presentation, content or general feeling.

11. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Well, with Nickelodeon now having The Loud House to milk for all its worth, I guess it was time to move on.
    Even tho his latest creations were lacking, I still wish him the best of luck.

12. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Which might be a good thing since a big problem with Hartman is that he likes to focus too much on the screaming dumb characters. It's why FOP has been in bad shape for the past few seasons, and why Cosmo has gotten dumber and his voice is a lot higher.
    Maybe with someone else in charge of another season, the show could regain some of it's greatness again.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Action!

Action! Active Member

I hope Butch Hartman finds a new network.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I just realized, this decreases the chances of Danny Phantom of ever coming back. I know Hartman mentioned that if Nickelodeon were to ever revive the show, he'll be glad to come back and run it, but still, without Hartman near by, the chances just got slimmer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I hope not to sound like a Nancy Negative, but Butch should've left years ago. I think things would've turned out better if he left the network after Danny Phantom ended. Think about how things would have been in retrospect:

-We wouldn't have inferior follow-ups to his Magnum Opus on the network.
    -The Fairly OddParents wouldn't have gone downhill as badly as it did (and if Nick decided to keep going, at least we wouldn't blame Butch for its seasonal rot in this alternate timeline).
    -He would've left at a high point in his career.

But I guess beggars can't be choosers. Still, I'm impressed at his accomplishments. He managed to outlast Klasky-Csupo's era on Nick, which is no easy feat.

I wish Butch the best of luck on his future endeavors and I will continue to watch his entertaining YouTube channel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. BillK15

BillK15 Member

Someone on Twitter figured out that Butch mentioned on his Speech Bubble podcast that there’s no more FOP episodes

#36 BillK15, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I am a bit surprised that he left the channel, but at least it was all on good terms rather than over something more problematic. It sounds like he wants to be more independent and work on different projects on his own terms instead of working for one specific company, which is pretty nice. I haven't been a fan of his more recent work. I stopped watching FOP years ago, barely saw any of Tuff Puppy and never saw Bunsen, but he does seem to enjoy his work and he came off as a pretty nice fellow in the video explaining his decision to leave. He seemed pretty happy and open to talk about his feelings and experiences. He has been working in the same place for a long time, so I can understand why he'd want to branch off to do something different.

I am more surprised that FOP being cancelled didn't result in a bigger reaction here, but maybe I missed it since I don't keep up with a lot of threads in this section either.

Despite not liking most of his shows, I am glad that he has had such a successful career and he shouldn't have any problem with getting more work done outside of Nickelodeon. Being attached to a lot of shows, most of which were successful, would get him more attention and it does sound like he has a lot of projects in the work that he can't talk about yet. I wish him the best for the future and that he'll keep enjoying his work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I was always a FOP fan and know all the Inside gags and running jokes throughout the run, but it just got bad in later years. Hopefully he can do something on Netflix or whatever.

Sent from my G3313 using Tapatalk

19. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Twenty years is nothing to sneeze at, so for what it's worth, Hartman has had an illustrious career at Nick. It sounds like he's got plenty of other projects on his plate, so he'll probably do fine. He's also got his YouTube channel to boot.

Hopefully this means The Fairly Oddparents can finally be put to rest, because that should have ended a long, long time ago.

20. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As BillK15 said, The Fairly OddParents is done. Butch confirmed on the latest Speech Bubble episode that they’re no longer making it and that it’s done (unless Nick asks him to do more, but that doesn’t seem likely at this point). Go to the 28 minute mark.

I should probably mention that he said earlier in the podcast that he was working on FOP up until he left Nick (even saying 2018), however, it’s possible he was exaggerating a bit, as the last episode aired in July with no word on more happening. But if he wasn’t exaggerating, there’s still an end in sight.