1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Dan's Revenge, Jan 22, 2015.

1. mqg96

mqg96 Active Member

I feel your pain man, we enjoyed the old Boomerang while it lasted, and that's what Boomerang was originally created for, to add many Hanna-Barbera and old CN classics to the network since Cartoon Network started focusing on more original programming. However, the rebrand is done now and Boomerang is going into a new era now.

Boomerang finally needed a new look, however, I feel like the US should have had multiple rebrands long before now, instead of jumping from the old toy bumpers to the new paint design in 15 years. However, I have to agree that this Boomerang design does not amuse me at all IMO, it resembles the CHECK it 3.0 look too much. I feel like they could've been more original and creative with the new design.

2. Yippee Coyote

Yippee Coyote Graphic Novelist

Seriously? That's like saying Cartoon Network copied The Hub by taking quotes from their original series and making bumpers out of it. The simple fact this rebrand utilitizes three colors used by Cartoon Network doesn't make it a clone (to be fair, Boomerang's new look uses four colors). I'll once again link this article to explain the differences, but I doubt you'll read it.

Cartoon Network's Boomerang Gets A New Colorful Design

3. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Personally, I don't see the re-brand as Boomerang trying to copy Cartoon Network. Rather, I see it as Turner attempting to give both networks a unified branding. Ever since the talks of the re-brand started Turner has been emphasizing that Boom is a companion channel to CN and that the 2 channels aren't competing with one another. Therefore, it makes sense that both CN's and Boom's wraparounds/bumpers would have similar shapes and color schemes

4. mqg96

mqg96 Active Member

Woah woah woah... All I mentioned was my OPINION about the new Boomerang bumpers, and like I said before, I honestly think the new Boomerang bumpers are similar to the CHECK it 3.0 design. Doesn't the new Boomerang bumpers and CHECK it 3.0 look resemble to each other with all the paint moving around? and personally I think Boomerang should have come up with more original bumpers instead of resembling the CHECK it 3.0 design, but hey, that's my opinion, and I don't know how that's getting off topic if there's anything else. I haven't read the article yet, but I will shortly, but no matter what that article says, my opinion about these new bumpers will always stay intact, so I don't know why your attacking my opinion on the new rebrand bumpers.

5. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

Well, since it's getting close into knowing if there's anything new added that'll possibly set a new weekday schedule change. I guess we'll find out what makes the new line-up such a mystery according to Zap2It.

6. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

I laughed out loud because I thought the neon color matching with CN was strange. I'm sorry you have a problem with "lol" being used as a punctuation mark.

As for the name i said "Cartoon Ew!-twork" it's called a joke, relax it's not like I honestly am super pissed at WB... and even if I was atleast I wasn't being ugly about it, I threw in "lol" and some emoticons to try and get that across. :lol::bugs1:
    Am I not allowed to voice my opinions or joke on TZ anymore without people jumping down my throat?... (just curious.) :ack:
    Truth is just as I said, I will still check out the channel, I am not angry at WB/Turner, I pointed out some things I didn't like... big deal.

D.

7. Tommypezmaster

Tommypezmaster Active Member

I wished they aired Grojband on Mondays though Friday. I love that show

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Hmm, don't remember typing that I had a problem with the usage of 'lol' as an all-purpose interjection, just that I've never understood the usage of it as such. Seems to be a He Said/Other He Said sorta dealy.

I'll take your word for it.

I am relaxed; s'all good in da hood.

Who's jumping down your throat? Not I. That's how you get the flu.

I'm not the one making it a big deal. Just offering counterpoints to the points, that's how discussion works.

This is just a guess, but I'm presuming that Grojband doesn't have enough episodes to air daily.

9. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

There are only 26 episodes of Grojband. A daily run would burn through episodes fairly quickly.

10. Sparkster24

Well, apparently even the old schedule place (that has a Boomerang schedule), hasn't even shown it's update upon their new schedule. This is really concerning.. especially that it's almost a week with little of any info! Is it really that major, or just slow timing on their ends?

11. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge "I don't need a job, I need money." - Dan

Could be both. As it's always gone (as read from tv guides years ago) -- "channels and networks reserve the right to make last minute changes" - that could always mean the schedule keeps getting revised and they want to make sure it's what they want before making it final - even if it's lousy in our eyes (despite we're not the target demo :p )

I'm thinking that maybe... just maybe... we'll know the schedule by next Monday at 6:00am EST ;)

12. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

Most likely slow timing, or they're making the channel a proper website.

13. Sparkster24

Well, it seems that the schedule is here.. though sadly, nothing too special changed (except basically removing Pink Panther & Pals in favor of bringing back The Flinstones' airing spot). Honestly, they really should've replaced the 11AM hour for Pink Panther & Pals in favor, instead of keeping Garfield with an overload of 8 episodes.

But not only that.. the films for next weekend have finally been revealed! Which are:

Saturday: Scooby-Doo! and the Monster of Mexico
    Sunday: Tom & Jerry & The Wizard of OZ

14. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

These are minor changes, plus they still appear to have the same movie variety.

15. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

Seriously? That's it? Why were there placeholders shown then if Flintstones is the only change? But as for PP&P leaving, I'm surprised that it was still even on in the US.

16. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Yeesh. I know the Upfront's not until May, but I really hope that Boom doesn't plan to just shuffle the same lineup of 10 shows until then.

17. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

They need to try and find some variety in the coming months.

18. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

I emailed Boomerang about when the rebrand would happen (before it actually happened), and I got the link to the new website.

19. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge "I don't need a job, I need money." - Dan

Well.. I can be happy about The Flintstones back at 11am, but yeah, not that I was expecting too much a glorified change, I also wonder why the wait was this long. At least the Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Garfield Show promos will still be around since they keep those times.

Looks like the website for the US differs a bit from the international ones - which I like. Probably in due time we'll get carried-over games from the old site and more show pages, aside from the ones we already get promos for -- and maybe even full episodes of shows.

20. TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy Active Member

Looks very barebones at the moment, hopefully it becomes more robust down the line.