Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Dan's Revenge, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Yippee Coyote

Yippee Coyote Graphic Novelist

I think a new Scooby-Doo promo has started airing during the commercial breaks.

[video=youtube;1EShwPowdds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EShwPowdds[/video]

2. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

I checked the guide and it doesn't say what the movie will be on Boomerang Theater.

#82 Alonso Torrejon, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  3. Yippee Coyote

This was just posted on Cartoon Network's website! :D
    Boomerang - Videos

Well, it's publicity time!
    You keep on asking for that same movie; can't you just look for it on Netflix or something?

#83 Yippee Coyote, Jan 25, 2015
  4. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

Honestly, the only films we'll probably JUST see are DTV/special films that have aired throughout the past few years on Cartoon Network. I'll be amazed if we do get any Looney Tunes specific film (not counting Space Jam & Back in Action), or other films that weren't apart of them for a long while.

At least going by that timeslot.. there's still a likely chance that other films are probably going to air. They threw an example of Toy Story 3 in mind (which again, could be an example.. like the Monica's Gang example).

5. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

Toy Story 3 on Boomerang?:confused:

That's like predicting that The Lego Movie possibly could air on ThisTV.

Hopefully that was a mistake.

#85 Kung-Fu Yoshi, Jan 25, 2015
  6. Sparkster24

It's not really official, it was just showing an example upon the new Boomerang rebrand from an article that brings possible insight for the rebrand. But it does confirm one thing out of it, it'll have a Summer-themed event called, "Summer of Fun".

[​IMG]

7. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

Still, it's bizarre they'd write down ''Toy Story 3'' in the example picture instead of something Warner Bros./Turner owns.

8. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

Zap2it still not updated, at least we'll find out tomorrow with the backdoor schedule.

9. Sparkster24

Still surprised by the fact that Zap2It has yet to update the schedule.. could there really be something major in the works? Here are three guesses that could prevail forthe line-up!

#1. A "New to Boomerang" show could premiere on Feburary 2nd, morely an acquisition that wasn't announced.. and could air for channel sakes?

#2. Feburary 2nd would contain a literal MAJOR schedule changes! Airing some past shows that fits upon it's appeal, including a few expected premieres. Including The Garfield Show premiering with new episodes that haven't aired in the US.

#3. Just an average schedule change, with some decent stuff.. but nothing too exciting of a line-up.

I would guess considering they been holding on for a week.. maybe it could be a major schedule change that has yet to be confirmed. But knowing Vishnu, I guess we'll have to find out soon enough (hopefully it could be good).

10. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

I don't know why did they pick it to test graphics. This is really bizarre.

11. RegularCapital

RegularCapital Well-Known Member

It's not as weird as you think because TCM have been airing Disney stuff, they probably chose Toy Story 3 as it was the first recent kids film (that had aired on TV) that came from the top of the designer's head. At least it's better than Lorem Ipsum: The Movie. :D

They're only examples to demonstrate the graphics used on the channel.

12. thetellyweb

thetellyweb Well-Known Member

That unofficial channel uploaded this video. Is this the same one from the CN site? I have no clue on account of the region block.
    [video=youtube;WFD0ApRSTcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFD0ApRSTcc[/video]

13. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

Or a designer showing the new look to a channel and giving an example schedule when, in reality, the actual schedule is completely different.

14. Mariana

Mariana This is pure magic to the highest level

Yep, they probably did those pics thinking about Boomerang Latin America, because you can see "Monica's Gang". And TNT, TBS and TCM Brazil air some Pixar/Disney movies nowadays.

15. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

Also Latin America was the first region to get the new look.

16. Yippee Coyote

Even though the Latin America feed is failing to utilize the branding properly. Instead of using a series clip in the endboards as shown in the style guide, they're using the "diamond events" that are only to be used in promoting special programming.
    It looks the same, excluding the intro. On the CN website, it's under a private category called "COOLNEW", which refers to the blog on the site. I guess that it's yet to be published with a blog post, as it was uploaded fairly recently. Right now, it's hidden.

17. RandomMe

RandomMe Bloo

BM LA/BR didn't properly implement the graphics, by the looks of it.

18. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

I'm in the camp of:this rebrand is "blegghh"
    the colors are way to neon and ew, lol... I thought they'd try to be a different thing that CN's look, but it just feels like an ugly clone of CN. Also this is a small gripe but I really miss the announcer for Boomerang, and the whole "it's all coming back to you." I understand Warner is wanting to completely overhaul the channel but then IMO they should call it something else, (as Boomerang's come back, like memories,) so I feel the network's name needs to be changed too, to reflect the new look, schedule, shows, and well everything.
    Just my 2 cents BTW...
    I am glad I legally own most of the shows I cared about on DVD now. So I guess I'll say "so long classic and fun Boomerang, I'll miss you, RIP." Now as for this odd new CN clone network (which I dub:) Cartoon Ew!-twork I'll still check out some of the stuff and see if it has any potential.
    :)

Kal.

19. Yippee Coyote

To be fair, there were other Boomerang channels outside the United States that struggled with the theme of old cartoon reruns. A handful of these networks started out like ours, but couldn't attract enough viewers with their programming and eventually had to change demographics. Most of the Boomerang feeds internationally have been using the name without a sense of nostalgia for 10 years and counting. And honestly, the U.S. network has been on autopilot ever since, as it's failed to grow because of a lack of new programming and advertising.Before the rebrand announcement, the network became more non-existent on the press websites than TCM, which also has no commercials and no contemporary programming.

If you read this article about the rebrand, you would see how different the branding is from Cartoon Network's current CHECK it 3.0 look. This one actually serves a purpose.
    Cartoon Network's Boomerang Gets A Colorful New Design - Branding Magazine

The new article confuses me, because the style guide shows examples with a clip on the endboards, but there's an endboard screenshot of the same nature with a "diamond event" in the clip's place.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a comparison with the USA and LA endboards.

USA:
    [​IMG]

SPECIAL ENDBOARD:
    [​IMG]

Latin America:
    [​IMG]

#99 Yippee Coyote, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  20. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

If you don't like the new look, why is it making you laugh out loud? I've never understood the practice of using 'lol' as an all-purpose punctuation mark.

Turner is molding Boomerang to be sister channel to Cartoon Network, so not surprisingly they're going with a similar look and colors. It's like how when all the Nickelodeon networks adopted a unified branding a few years ago.

I'm personally glad Turner replaced that guy. Not that he was bad, but 15 years is just too long to go without any sort of change. And the "It's all coming back to you" tagline no longer applies since Boomerang isn't a classics channel anymore.

The name Boomerang is being used globally as a trademark; it would be too much hassle to change it now. If it helps, you can just call the channel Boom (or Da Boom) for short. Boom is a cartoon and comic book onomatopoeia, so it applies here as Boom is being groomed as an all-animation channel.

Really, dude? Come on. I get that you miss the old look and shows, but giving it nasty names like in elementary school? Sour grapes much? I'm personally holding off on any major criticisms of the new Boomerang until we see what new and original shows are in store for it.