Big Hero 6: The Series "The Impatient Patient" Talkback (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Rate & Discuss this "Big Hero 6" episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,588 6
A Valid Location
Check out a new episode of Big Hero 6: The Series, today at 9:00AM ET on the Disney Channel!

Big Hero 6: The Series "The Impatient Patient"

Episode Debut - July 7th, 2018

Hiro is ill but refuses to listen to his teammates.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,897 10
Elizabeth,NJ
How nice of Disney to start the episode 2 minutes early. That is sarcasm since I missed the first minute of the episode.
As for what I saw of the episode, it was pretty good. The Mad Jacks were both professional and comical in a good balanced way. Hiro's insistence of not being sick and trying to keep going instead of staying in bed was a little annoying. Speaking of annoying, Karmi was her usual complainy-self, but we got a humorous scene of her getting away from Hiro and his sickness. The scenes at the doctors was entertaining, and I can't blame the doctor for being annoyed by Baymax's constant observations. Baymax should've been told to wait to give a second opinion (maybe in a future episode).
I had a feeling that chip had nothing on it. Except maybe something that'll allow a villain to hack into Krei's computers and learn Hiro's secret identity.

May 25, 2012
Ratings
40 2
The Mad Jacks were great. They were't Momosaki competent or Globby inept, but a nice mix.

Karmi was her usual complainy-self, but we got a humorous scene of her getting away from Hiro and his sickness.
And let's be honest, she had a point this time. If an obviously sick guy touched something on the buffet line and then put it back, I'd be peeved too, and a expert on viruses like Karmi would naturally be even moreso.

I had a feeling that chip had nothing on it. Except maybe something that'll allow a villain to hack into Krei's computers and learn Hiro's secret identity.
It probably wouldn't have linked to Obake's computer until he had it in his hand and likely did something to it, so abducting Krei to get it served two purposes: both getting it in his hand and unnerving Krei enough so that he'd do exactly what Obake wanted him to do once he had the chip back. Obake is impressively clever.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,897 10
Elizabeth,NJ
And let's be honest, she had a point this time. If an obviously sick guy touched something on the buffet line and then put it back, I'd be peeved too, and a expert on viruses like Karmi would naturally be even moreso.
Technically she didn't know Hiro was sick until after her complaint. But yeah, she had a valid point about touching food and putting it back during flu-season.
Karmi's justified paranoia from being an expert is nothing compared to Wasabi's germaphobe paranoia.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,144 46
Sherman Oaks CA
The Mad Jacks were amusing in terms of being high-octane adrenaline junkies who are also pretty competent when it comes to their job. I wonder if the rest of the team is also named "Jack" (though the girl is probably "Jackie) or if the entire team just goes by "Jack" for branding :p?

Let this be a lesson to Hiro about using a suit that can keep you completely insulated, lest you get a cold from a dunk in the sea :ack:.

Many a times I have worried about leaving germs on food I have touched but decided not to eat (I usually either then take it with me or throw it out). Obviously Hiro had no such compunctions against it :eek:.

Hiro getting sick is probably the most qualified situation for Baymax as a Health Care Companion. Too bad he had to make the Hamada family doctor feel redundant as a result :rolleyes2:.

So apparently Obake planned the entire heist, right down to Big Hero 6 succeeding and getting the chip back, to make Krei paranoid enough to install it into his computer and give Obake access to Krei's systems. That's some meticulous planning on his part :evil:.

The Mad Jacks are now the second villains to manage to get away from our heroes, and ironically enough also in Obake's employ. I guess he must be good luck or something :tom:.

It was nice to see the team get to do a decent job against the villain-of-the-week instead of being quickly taken out, although Honey and Wasabi really didn't end up doing anything :sweat:.

Hiro turning his suit into a portable robot he can pilot outside the field was cool. I wonder if he'll find a reason to use it again in the future :)?

Feb 11, 2009
Ratings
washington
always had to wonder what would happen if a real doctor met baymax and this episode gave me my answer to hilarious results but did have to feel sorry for her through.

Hiro making his suit into a robot was genius I surprised he never considered it before as unless it malfuctions and go beserk it would allow him to not get caught by cass hell if and when she finds out she might relent if not him driectly being in danger along i sure she still be concerned about the other four and baymax.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,433 4
Framingham, MA
Big Hero 6: The Series "The Impatient Patient"

That was excellent. Those last two minutes were especially fabulous.

I love that new Big Bad, whoever he is. I love the way he hissed "F-f-f-finish this!" I love the fact that he planned all along for the chip to go back to Krei. He wanted to infect the chip with spyware and take the info. The chip itself was irrelevant.

Hiro making fun of the Mad Jacks for all being named Jack is a bit rich considering nobody on Big Hero 6 has codenames.

The Big Bad knowing the ID's is going to cause a lot more trouble than Krei knowing them.

I love Jack calling his team discreet as they were chest bumping.

Another great episode. *****.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,584 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
This was a good episode. And things feel like it’s building up to something big.

Jeez, Hiro. Batman was made for this sort of thing. Let him do his job, and take his advice.
Also, glad the animation wasn’t so horrendously stiff this time. I hope they stick to the studio that animated this more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk