Best and Worst of Nickelodeon in 2017

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Asa, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Asa

Asa Member

With 2018 coming in five weeks, I've decided to create a thread sharing your best and worst Nickelodeon moments of 2017.

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Best
    Welcome to the Wayne - Pretty much the only Nick show to premiere this year that I've gotten hooked on. I also watched Bunsen is a Beast, but was never big on it.
    Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie - Nice that Nick finally did this.

Worst
    Continued mistreatment of Nicktoons that don't get SpongeBob level ratings - I'm well aware that this has been going on for years, but it's still an issue. Bunsen is a Beast isn't even a year old yet and it's already being sent to Nicktoons. Welcome to the Wayne also hasn't aired for a while and the new episodes that were scheduled for October got pulled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Astroboy6969

Astroboy6969 Marf.

I personally found interest in Bunsen Is A Beast. I also enjoyed Danger Games and Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie. Lip Sync Battle Shorties and Hunter Street were OK. Plus, The Dude Perfect Show came to the main Nick channel, after being on Nicktoons. However the redirection of Fairly OddParents and TMNT 2012 to Nicktoons felt weird (since TMNT and FOP didn't have much episodes left). Bunsen's redirection was too fast, since it barely lasted a year. I was also disappointed for School Of Rock and Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, And Dawn's cancellation. I'm still bothered by Nick At Nite having the 9pm hour Saturdays, the 8pm hour weekdays, and (still) the 6am hour. In addition, Nick Jr still has 8:30am and briefly had the 7am hour on weekends. I Am Frankie, Welcome To The Wayne, and Mysticons were not interesting.

#3 Astroboy6969, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  4. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Active Member

Best

- The Loud House is keeping up its quality. I'm enjoying the show and it's cool that they parodied Legends of the Hidden Temple this year.
    - Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie finally happened. I love the movie and it was awesome to see these characters again after so many years. Probably my favorite Nickelodeon Movie (Theatrical and TV) that isn't a SpongeBob movie
    - SpongeBob improving its quality even more this year. I've found some personal favorite episodes this year and you can tell the crew behind the show are having a blast. The show went downhill for a few seasons but it picked itself back up which is awesome.
    - The Rocko's Modern Life Movie trailer. As someone who didn't even want Rocko back, despite loving the show, the trailer was awesome and really captures the feel of the 2010s. I'm excited for this
    - The announcement of an Invader ZIM Movie. I actually thought it was fake news until I saw the teaser trailer. I love ZIM and it was cancelled too soon, so I am excited. The show felt really ahead of its time.
    - Rocko's Modern Life being brought back as a comic book. As I said before, I didn't really want anything new to come out of Rocko, as I felt like the show was perfect the way it is. However, I have a feeling that this comic series will be really funny and the people behind the Rocko comic book seems like they really want to do it.
    - The Nickelodeon events at New York Comic Con. Seeing Helga's shrine there was awesome, as well as going into SpongeBob's pineapple.

Worst

- Nickelodeon mistreating their shows and sending them to Nicktoons except SpongeBob and Loud House. They barely gave Welcome to the Wayne and Bunsen is a Beast a chance.
    - Stephen Hillenburg getting ALS. I would love to meet him in the future and he's a really creative and talented person. It's sad that he might die soon

5. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Nicktoons Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In agreement with what the people above said. Welcome to the Wayne was a great addition to the Nicktoons line up, and I'm glad Nick finally gave Hey Arnold an ending. However their negligence towards shows that doesn't meet the SpongeBob standard is a problem. Also why aren't their live action shows subjected to this. Bunsen is a Beast does on par with Game Shakers, yet Bunsen gets sent to Nicktoons, while Game Shakers stays on the main channel.

6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don’t know if this is it or not, but I’ve heard people say that it’s because live action is cheaper to make.

7. Astroboy6969

Astroboy6969 Marf.

Some live-action shows do get redirected, just not a lot. The last redirection of live-action was Max And Shred (which somehow went to Nicktoons).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

TBH, Bunsen is a Beast was not really good anyway. It was more of the same modern-FOP crap Butch Hartman has been throwing in, and I have had it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Best
    *The Loud House is still doing very well and they are giving it a chance to continue letting it do well.
    *Giving Welcome to the Wayne a solid premiere week.

Worst
    *Obviously Welcome to the Wayne and the other Nicktoons still have it bad when the channel hasn't given them much room to improve.
    *Not saying Mysticons is bad or anything but It would have been best that they didn't even picked it up, knowing its a now you see it now you don't play Nick does with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

Best: "Thunder in Paradise"
    Worst: Moving TMNT to Nicktoons to burn it off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Anonymoususer2004

Anonymoususer2004 Excelsior!

BEST:
    -New cartoons like Welcome to the Wayne and Bunsen is a Beast
    -Spongebob has been rapidly increasing in quality
    -Hunter Street
    -Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie
    -The announcement of Nick reviving more older properties like Rocko and Zim
    -The TMNT 2012 finale
    -They're finally cancelling some sitcoms I don't like

WORST:
    -Treating their less popular shows like garbage
    -Shoving Jojo Siwa down our throats
    -Their abysmal schedule (which is in fact, worse than CN's)
    -Nick Jr, Nick Jr, a million times Nick Jr.
    -Stephen Hillenburg getting ALS
    -The Chris Savino sexual harassment allegations

• Like Like x 1
  12. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

WORST:
    • Nickelodeon moving The Fairly OddParents, Harvey Beaks, Bunsen is a Beast and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (temporarily) to Nicktoons. Especially since FOP, Bunsen, and TMNT didn't have that many episodes left to air.
    • The treatment of Welcome to the Wayne.
    • Nick at Nite taking over Nickelodeon's Saturday Nights.
    BEST:
    • Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie
    • The announcements of old Nicktoons coming back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zeether

Zeether HASSHA!!

Best: Jungle Movie, of course

Worst: Having to suffer through Schneider sitcom ads during the Jungle Movie, Savino being awful

• Like Like x 1
  14. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Here are the worst and best things ever in 2017 overall
    Worst:
    -Nick@Nite gaining 8PM hour, and gaining 9PM hour on Sat (Sat live action premiere cut down to one hour) and still taking 6AM hour that's been for many years. Acquisitions that start on late night instead of airing on primetime, replacing Full House.
    -rest of other Nicktoons like Bunsen, Harvey Beaks, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, TMNT, FOP shipped to Nicktoons network for burnoff

Best:
    The Jungle Movie premiere (but sad to see the ratings didn't do well, and pulled encores from main Nick)
    -Game Shakers and Henry Danger crossover
    -Thundermans - Thunder in Paradise

15. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler Senior Member

Best:
    -The Hey Arnold! Jungle Movie (great job Craig and crew)
    -The annoucement of other classic Nicktoon revival movies
    -Welcome to the Wayne (best Nicktoon I've seen in a long time, aside from Harvey Beaks)
    -Mysticons (not a favorite of me, but I think it's a decent Canadian cartoon)
    -Firing Chris Savino, for the sick pervert he was
    -The ongoing success of The Loud House (as well as receiving new episodes from it)
    -Airing different movies rather than the same ones (unlike CN, which constantly airs The Cat in the Hat, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies, and the Scooby-Doo movies)
    -Airing TMNT's final episode (despite the last few being shipped to Nicktoons)

Worst:
    -Terrible scheduling, as usual (even worse than CN's)
    -Continuing the trend to mistreat cartoons that don't get SpongeBob-level ratings right away and shipping them off to Nicktoons (Bunsen and possibly Wayne and Mysticons are already going through this fate)
    -Nick at Nite expanding once again
    -Worldwide Day of Play
    -Not having a fair balance of animation and live-action (as of this writing, Nick has more live-action shows than cartoons)

Final grade for Nick this year: C-

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Best: announcing a RML TV movie

Worst: Treating Welcome to the Wayne like dirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

You'd think after the Loud House has done them an awful lot of good (Savino controversy notwithstanding) and CH Greenblatt actively called them out for the unfair treatment of another, they would've learned their lesson by now. But no no, they didn't care...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 90'sKid

If it’s not a pre-existing property or The Sponge, Nick doesn’t seem to care. Which is a darn shame too, because WttW is a cute little show, and I would hate to see it wind up as nothing more than a short-lived cartoon. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They actually announced that last year.

20. 90'sKid

Whoops-y. Well, you still get my point. :p