"Ben 10 (2016 Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
Ratings
1,651 8
I'll give the episode "Villain Time" this much, it does have a decent moral, one which even this version of Ben learns, that and it shows how much range Travis Willingham's got, I'd be surprised if he's just as ranged as Dee Bradley Baker.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
563 6
New York
Well Moringstar is in this series, his origin this time, he is some kind of alien vampire that sucks on people's admiration for him.

I have yet to see my girl Charmcaster in this, has she appeared yet, not only is she awesome, but hoping when she appears that finally get some powers and gets to keep them.

Oct 11, 2016
Ratings
717 9
Why is Frightwig a kid in this? Also, where are her partners? Have yet to see the episode where she appears, but i've seen images of her. I hope they will explain this in the episode.

I've seen 7 episode of this reboot so far, and it's alright. It has the humor of the original series, the action is still there and the characters are still pretty likeable. However, i'm not a fan of the animation, nor the new character designs. (The original series made Ben and Gwen look like 14 years olds. This reboot makes them look like 7 years olds.) Overall, I consider this pretty overhated. I hope people will give it a chance and not judge it based on how it looks.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
563 6
New York
De aging of characters, maybe they did the same for Charmcaster. Making her and Gwen around the same age would be cool, but at the same time hearing Kari's kid voice she might sound more Chloe Carmichael than the old Charmcaster, or god help us sound more like Amanda Killman.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
It's nice that the show will finally have a premiere date. I certainly don't plan on watching the whole series like I've done with most of the other Ben 10 series. After Omniverse, I don't have much interest in the Ben 10 franchise anymore. Although, I still give them credit for going to reboot direction. While it's kind of early to do that when kids watching the channel would still be familiar with Ben 10, it still makes more sense to go back to kid Ben instead of figuring out another way to continue with that mess of a continuity.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,171 36 1
Austin, Texas
Much like the other Ben 10 shows they weren't that good when it came to the audience perception of them, honestly I think that now this reboot isn't that bad in comparison to some others.

Radical

The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
266 1
Lacey,Washington
The next new episodes were great/enjoyable while seeing two great classic villains,

Cool seeing Frightwig and Michael Morningstar, Michael an energy vampire was cool, Frightwig solo was great/interesting, but making her a child is strange, but I do like Child Frightwig more though who's a very entertaining/enjoyable psychotic brat:D.I'll enjoy seeing Kid Kevin, Argit, and Charmcaster coming soon, if Charmcaster has the same age as Reboot Kid Gwen, that will be cool.

Both Tim Bukto, The Tri Chef Ta, and Xingo were great/enjoyable reboot villains, cool with Tom Kenny/Gregory Cipes playing the reboot villain roles as the samurai chef/Xingo:D.

It premieres in April 2017, sweet, I'll enjoy seeing the episodes again, Cartoon Network loves showing the reboots every April, hehehe, I get a feeling they'll make another reboot.

Last edited:

NeoplanDan

Avid SEPTA Transit Fan
Apr 24, 2016
Ratings
1,402 9
Philadelphia PA
cricketgreens.tumblr.com
OK, this is really starting to get out of hand.....

Ben 10 currently has an IMDb rating of 2.1
, which is probably the second worst IMDb rating for a CN show next to The Problem Solverz (which as a 1.9 rating).

Like, come on! The series hasn't even premiered in the US yet.
All of this is coming from those from the original Ben 10 (or Omniverse) fans, remember, this is similar to how the Original TT fans did against TTG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,171 36 1
Austin, Texas
OK, this is really starting to get out of hand.....

Ben 10 currently has an IMDb rating of 2.1
, which is probably the second worst IMDb rating for a CN show next to The Problem Solverz (which as a 1.9 rating).

Like, come on! The series hasn't even premiered in the US yet.
It might be a little to fast to say anything, but I think that given the franchise and other factors it would be a miracle to see this number go above 5 out of 10. I feel like it has a chance, but again some things tell me that it is going to be a hard one.

Oct 11, 2016
Ratings
717 9
I don't think Imdb ratings really matter right now. For starters, most people who use Imdb are adults, and the network doesn't really care about adults, they care about the kids more. If kids could use imdb, Teen Titans GO would have a rating of 7,9 at least. Second, only 228 people rated the show. That's incredibly low.

Red Arrow

Proud Beneluxer
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,446 67 1
Belgium
I don't think Imdb ratings really matter right now. For starters, most people who use Imdb are adults, and the network doesn't really care about adults, they care about the kids more. If kids could use imdb, Teen Titans GO would have a rating of 7,9 at least. Second, only 228 people rated the show. That's incredibly low.
These kids will eventually start using IMDB when they're older and the rating will go up.

Just look at The Little Mermaid TV Series and Legend of Tarzan. Those pieces of garbage got 6.8 and 6.9 respectively. Fortunately Tarzan and Jane got 5.3 because more adults actually bother to rewatch movies. (but it's the same freaking thing so both should have the same rating)