Beast Boy and Raven Shippers (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by melibell21, Dec 17, 2005.

1. melibell21

melibell21 She's a marshmallow

Hey, well anyone who likes the show Teen Titans has noticed some entertaining and humorous "tension" between bb and rae. bb/rae shippers have been waiting for a moment since Nevermore. well, if you like the show and don't read the comic (not teen titans go, but the real one) i suggest it to you now. if you read the comic and haven't read teen titans 30 STOP HERE. if you like the show and are interested in wut happened to the characters in the comics look here.

If you like the show, i strongly suggest getting into the comic. it's my favorite next to Birds of Prey. i got into comics after watching the shows on tv and have come to realize how much the tt show sucks after reading the comic by the amazing geoff johns. so, let's grow the comic business here and now by pcking up teen titans comic instead of just waiting to see the show.

now second, well.....this link will explain it (those who haven't read teen titans 30 PLEASE STOP HERE)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/thekrystalmethod/ravenandgar.jpg

2. Anime

Anime Member

*sees picture and pukes*

3. shoujoaifan

shoujoaifan Active Member

I like the short hair. The only times Raven's hair looks good is now, and on the cartoon where her bangs have this brushed/shoved up look. Her former hair style isn't much to look at.

4. melibell21

which was greener...your face or beast boy's face??? lol

#4 melibell21, Dec 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2005
  5. Mad Monkey 7

Mad Monkey 7 Active Member

Geoff Johns has been working on this since the relaunch of Teen Titians, began.

6. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I agree that the comic book version of Raven is much cuter now. Beast Boy looks like he just came from a boy band audition, though.

7. melibell21

her hair's a bit longer now....and beast boy looks more mature i think. if he wasn't green he'd be way cuter.

8. Blue Priestess

Blue Priestess Saving Earth by breaking stuff

Funny, I thought I was the only one that noticed that. I can't say I'm surprised or feel strongly either way about it. Of course, there's already some lovely individuals ready to lynch Geoff Johns over a plot development. My favorite was a woman who was so livid that she wants to buy a second copy, rip it into shreds, and send it to him (because she's obsessed with BB and that's about it). Yeah, give 'em more of your money - that'll really show 'em! :rolleyes:

9. melibell21

hehe......i just want raven to be happy. as long as geoff writes it tastefully and classy i'll be fine. and no on-and-off again dick and kory type thing to get people interested cuz it just pisses me off.

10. MR.MXYZPTLK

MR.MXYZPTLK Mild Mannered Reporter

I'm a huge fan of the comic as well but don't you think thats going a bit far (thinks) naw I'm with yah

Anyways I doubt bb and raven will start dating on the show. It can happen in the comics but the comics are a diffrent thing entirely. If they were to start dating in the show they would make it obvoius they have feelings for each other.

11. Mandi-chan

Mandi-chan Active Member

I love this comic, and this pairing! I hope it lasts!:D

12. LucheLibre

LucheLibre ...Testicular Fortitude...

Yep, maturity was the only thing that would eventually allow those two to get together.Beastboy had some serious catching up to do.

13. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

I was shocked to see that cause I'm a huge TT cartoon Terra/Beast Boy shipper. But if that's what the writers want to put in the comic then I'm ok with that.

14. melibell21

well do u read the comic??? cuz bb is way funnier in the comic than the show. and the stories and plots are more well thought out in the comic.

15. Ed Liu

Ed Liu Frog of Thunder
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Howdy,

To be fair, the comic has a lot more leeway to do things than the show does because it's aiming at a different (and much older) audience. Fundamentally, I also think they have two entirely different underlying intentions that happen to use the same characters to get where they want to go. Teen Titans the show works under largely different constraints than Teen Titans the comic book, since it's unusual for TT the show to have long-running subplots in the background -- partially because of how monthly comics and syndicated TV shows are "expected" to work.

I also find it amusing that common wisdom amongst comics fandom is that continuity is an insurmountable obstacle to entering comic books, but fans here feel that the more developed and well-thought-out plots and stories of the comic make it better than the show. No real lesson there, other than reinforcing my beliefs that continuity is not as much of an obstacle as people think and that you really can't please everybody ;).

I have to admit that I'm still entertained by the show, although far less so now than in the first two seasons, but can't muster much interest in the comic book. I'm not saying it's a BAD comic book, mind you -- I've seen some previews that looked pretty good -- just that it isn't my cup of tea.

-- Ed/Ace

16. melibell21

1st two seasons of teen titans show were great....the comic's getting alittle slow right now...but i like 'em both.

i'd say that a lot of series are a little slow right now cuz they all tie-in to crisis. there's no real unique stories. it's a bit repititve but im glad im along for ride tho.