"Batman vs. Two-Face (Batman '66)" Animated Movie News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2006
Ratings
432 1
UK
According to this article, the film might be released in early 2018, though it does sound a little speculative: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/11/adam-west-william-shatner-failed-tv-pilot/

I suspect we won't hear anything about it until after the Batman & Harley Quinn screenings anyway. Maybe in September we'll learn more about this film and whether it will be screened in cinemas like its predecessor. So... maybe November/December 2017 or early next year for Batman vs. Two-Face?

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,445 4
Lackawanna, NY
According to this article, the film might be released in early 2018, though it does sound a little speculative: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/11/adam-west-william-shatner-failed-tv-pilot/

I suspect we won't hear anything about it until after the Batman & Harley Quinn screenings anyway. Maybe in September we'll learn more about this film and whether it will be screened in cinemas like its predecessor. So... maybe November/December 2017 or early next year for Batman vs. Two-Face?
I'm still guessing earlier (October 2017) as that article was highly speculative and the estimate was not based on anything authoritative. Also, we know now that Batman vs. Two-Face is completed and has already been rated PG by the MPAA. That supports a 2017 release.

Nov 11, 2006
Ratings
432 1
UK
I'm still guessing earlier (October 2017) as that article was highly speculative and the estimate was not based on anything authoritative. Also, we know now that Batman vs. Two-Face is completed and has already been rated PG by the MPAA. That supports a 2017 release.
Oh yes, that's right - sorry. I forgot about the rating even though I only read about that this week! Having said that, I do think we might not hear any news until after Batman & Harley Quinn has had its time in the spotlight. So perhaps a late October (or even November) release this time.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,193 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Barnes and Noble lists an October 17, 2017 release date for Batman vs. Two-Face, along with a look at the cover art and a brief synopsis.

Former Gotham City District Attorney Harvey Dent, one side of his face scarred by acid, goes on a crime spree based on the number '2'. All of his actions are decided by the flip of a defaced, two-headed silver dollar.

Stay tuned for confirmation of these details, and more, soon at The World's Finest.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,445 4
Lackawanna, NY
Barnes and Noble lists an October 17, 2017 release date for Batman vs. Two-Face, along with a look at the cover art and a brief synopsis.

t-batmanvstwoface.png

Former Gotham City District Attorney Harvey Dent, one side of his face scarred by acid, goes on a crime spree based on the number '2'. All of his actions are decided by the flip of a defaced, two-headed silver dollar.

Stay tuned for confirmation of these details, and more, soon at The World's Finest.
Do you know what's funny? That is actually the plot outline that I submitted to IMDb back in January of this year. That is why it reads so generically. :anime:

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,445 4
Lackawanna, NY
Also worth noting is the banner above the movie's title, which reads "DC Animation Original Movie." The banner above Batman: R ieturn of the Caped Crusaders read "DC Classic Original Movie."
So it does! That does not bode well for the DC Classics imprint, though it does give us a bonus DC Universe movie for 2017.

I'm still waiting to see if this is based on the Harlan Ellison story treatment for the original show. We know that this is long enough to be equal to a three-part story in terms of a half-hour network television series; that may be how/why Catwoman was written into it (plus the chance to include Julie Newmar again!).

No sign of Batman vs. Two-Face at the Fathom Events website for September/October, but that might not be significant at this stage. On the other hand, though Return of the Caped Crusaders was a critical hit, I don't remember it pulling in great numbers for it's theatrical showing.

EDIT, 8/4: My bad! I misread James' post and thought the new banner read: DC Universe Animated Original Movie. Instead this seems to be a much more minor rebrand; as though someone upstairs decided that DC Classics would confuse consumers into thinking they were seeing a re-release instead of a new, original movie.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,178 46
Sherman Oaks CA

Ooh, not only a cover illustration but a release date! Awesome :D.

Though that plot summary sounds more like a Two-Face bio then a description of the story :sweat:.
I hope they prepare an explanation for how Catwoman survived that involves at least one stupid gadget. Heh heh heh.
Though it would be pretty true-to-form if they don't even bother explaining how she survived :rolleyes2:.
Also worth noting is the banner above the movie's title, which reads "DC Animation Original Movie." The banner above Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders read "DC Classic Original Movie."
Hmm...I guess they're just consolidating this with the general animated movie line :ack:.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,445 4
Lackawanna, NY
Ooh, not only a cover illustration but a release date! Awesome :D.

Though that plot summary sounds more like a Two-Face bio then a description of the story :sweat:.
There's a reason for that. That is the same plot summary that I submitted to IMDb months ago with only the barest idea of what the movie might be about. B&N must have cribbed it from the movie site. In fact, I've submitted an update:

Former D.A. Harvey Dent, one side of his face scarred by acid, goes on a crime spree based on the number '2', his actions decided by the flip of a defaced silver dollar. Catwoman is the pur-fect choice to tip the odds--but which way?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,359 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Also worth noting is the banner above the movie's title, which reads "DC Animation Original Movie." The banner above Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders read "DC Classic Original Movie."
Because it's from a Barnes and Noble page? It's probably not finalized cover art. WBA hasn't issued a new press release yet. The banner and logo and art might change.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,445 4
Lackawanna, NY
Because it's from a Barnes and Noble page? It's probably not finalized cover art. WBA hasn't issued a new press release yet. The banner and logo and art might change.
Maybe, but it is not an encouraging sign for the DC Classics line, any more than the previous attempt to rebrand the DC Universe imprint that only lasted for one release

EDIT, 8/4: Sorry, I misread the earlier post. I think the DC Classics label is just being renamed to prevent confusion in the marketplace, so consumers won't think they are seeing a re-release of a 'classic' title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.