"Batman Ninja" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,191 6
A Valid Location
It looks like some more details might be revealed this weekend at a convention in Tokyo (you have to scroll down, it's the 4th entry from the top)
http://tamashii.jp/event/269/?wovn=en
The new information of the notable "Ninja Batman" is revealed!
New information of Batman's feature length animated film "Ninja Batman (Original title: BATMAN NINJA · Scheduled to be released in 2018)" banned at Tokyo Comm Comment 2017!
In Tokyo Communication Company TAMASHII NATIONS booth will also display figures.
Please come to the booth and check with your eyes !!
I'm not sure but "banned" probably isn't the best translation. Here's the original site, for anyone who can read Japanse.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,434 4
Lackawanna, NY

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,191 6
A Valid Location
Everything looks pretty awesome to me. I think the style seems more similar to Batman of Shanghai than Gotham Knight, but still kind of unique - especially Damian's hair-do. :p

All the characters look good, and I like how many they featured in the trailers (and who knows who else might pop up in the actual movie). I'm hoping a Batgirl might appear, but we'll see.

The cast sounds good to me, though I'm more looking forward to learning who will be the English dub voice actors. All in all, this project looks like it's shaping up to be amazing in the end.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Here's the first trailer for Batman Ninja! The animation looks pretty cool as does the line-up of characters. It does remind me that I need to watch Batman: Gotham Knight. It would be fun to compare the two (or technically seven) movies.

Comic Book has descriptions of some clips and quotes from the filmmakers.

Wow, that looks pretty awesome. The animation appears top-notch, it's recognizable as Batman, and all around it looks like it's going to be a really fun movie :D.

I was expecting the animation to be traditional 2D animation, but the CG animation here looks pretty great. I am definitely reminded of the opening sequences to Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, which the director worked on :cool:.

I love that scene with Alfred, Batman, and all the Robins drinking tea :proud:.

That's an interesting design for Catwoman. Her hair reminds me of Camren Bicondova's on Gotham :).

Harley looks good, Samurai Ivy and Two-Face looks cool, and Shogun Grodd should be fun :anime:.

And it wouldn't be a Batman anime if giant robots didn't turn up at some point :rolleyes2:.
I'll give the Japanese actor who plays Joker this much, he does give this decent Mark Hamill vibe.
I love how he still calls him "Bats," even in Japanese :p.

From Anime News Network:

Batman Ninja Anime's New Trailer Reveals Japanese Cast, Theatrical Release

The ANN article has two Batman Ninja trailers, the first being the one Greg91 posted, but it also included this one, that was uploaded to WB's Japanese YouTube channel just a short while ago.
Hmm....I wonder if that sand creature is supposed to be Clayface o_O?

Here's also a poster and the Japanese voice cast from ANN:

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,434 4
Lackawanna, NY
Everything looks pretty awesome to me. I think the style seems more similar to Batman of Shanghai than Gotham Knight, but still kind of unique - especially Damian's hair-do. :p
You might be right, but I think that might be Tim Drake; I thought that I spotted the 'double-R' Red Robin logo on his outfit. That would make the others: Dick Grayson (natch!) and Jason Todd.

EDIT: I've gotten a better look and I think that we do see Damian as Robin (the logo is highly stylized, but recognizable). And Jason is wearing a basket-style helmet. So we have: Batman (Bruce); Alfred; Nightwing (Dick); Red Hood (Jason); Red Robin (Tim); and Robin (Damian). No Batgirl (either Barbara or Cassandra), Batwoman or Huntress?

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Feb 1, 2015
Ratings
134 1
Does anyone have any idea who that red ninja is in the J on the logo? I mean, I feel like he's probably somebody given that he's up there with the rest of the villains. I really want to say he's some take on Deadshot because he had a gun in the trailer when he was firing at Jason? Idk, that's just my best guess

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,191 6
A Valid Location
Does anyone have any idea who that red ninja is in the J on the logo? I mean, I feel like he's probably somebody given that he's up there with the rest of the villains. I really want to say he's some take on Deadshot because he had a gun in the trailer when he was firing at Jason? Idk, that's just my best guess
I think that's supposed to be Deathstroke.

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,327 7
Pretty good also fun fact its made by the creator of Afro Samurai and the director of the Jojo series also my only gripe is that Robin looks too cheerful on the poster

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
This doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the English dub, but I've seen Roger Craig Smith (Batman Unlimited and Arkham Origins Batman) retweet the trailer, and it was liked by Max Mittleman (Jimmy Olsen and Parasite on Justice League Action) and Robbie Daymond (Robin in Lego Dimensions).

Notably they all have experience with anime voiceover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.