"Batman: Hush" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,181 6
A Valid Location
A "Batman: Hush" animated movie was announced for Summer 2019 at the San Diego Comic-Con.
The third movie for 2019, Batman: Hush will release in summer, and will follow the two-part Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen as the latest animated movie based on an acclaimed DC comic storyline. While this year’s Batman: Gotham by Gaslight was arguably the last Batman-centered DC Universe Movie, it’s an “Elseworlds” tale featuring a Victorian Era Dark Knight. Hush will find the series returning to the present day and set in a much more familiar Gotham City. The comic storyline featured popular Bat baddies like Poison Ivy, Ra’s al Ghul and the Joker, but it’s also well known for introducing the villain it’s named after—the bandage-faced Hush. While a child version of the character has made a couple of appearances on Gotham and Hush has appeared in video games like the Arkham and LEGO Batman titles, he’s never before appeared in a DC Universe Movie.
Source: DC Comics Blog

Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,906 45
Sherman Oaks CA
That's another major Batman comic we can cross of the list ;).

Although seriously, I think it's cool that we're finally getting a proper adaption of Hush, since one was planned for The Batman and we've had VA's like Kevin Conroy show an interest in being part of an adaption for it :).

Although I wouldn't rule this out of being in-continuity considering what DC did with Death of Superman, and this movie would allow the return of the animated movie Batfamily and more screentime and focus for the Rogues Gallery of this continuity...

But all the same I'm expecting a fun movie of Batman going through a gauntlet of his deadliest enemies as he tries to unravel the latest mystery Supervillain to plague him :cool:.

And it would also be awesome if we got another movie with Catwoman in a major role again :D.

Dreyfus

Oct 18, 2009
Ratings
CA
Should be fun, certainly action-packed. I wonder how they will introduce the character and his history with Bruce Wayne. And how they'll fit in all those villain appearances effectively.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,906 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm curious to see, if this is standalone, whether the Batfamily will play a major role in this movie since the 2000-era Batfamily all made appearances in Hush :ack:.

Although for the sake of the story I could see them really condensing things, maybe to just only Catwoman.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,434 4
Lackawanna, NY
Someone who knew Bruce when they were both children grows up to be a foe. How many characters does that describe now (just staying within the comics)?
- Roman Sionis/Black Mask
- Tommy Elliot/Hush

Is there any one I'm forgetting? I would almost count Wrath, as he and Bruce did live similar yet contrasting lives, even losing their parents to violence on the exact same day. Prometheus was given a backstory that was far too similar.

Ahsoka

Jan 7, 2002
Ratings
I wonder how this will work given how episodic the story is. I assume it'll be heavy streamlined to focus mostly on Hush and likely leave out some of the villains. I could see them dump Ra's for example. I hope they give this movie a standalone design. If they approach it like Under the Red Hood I think it has a chance of being a really standout movie and a huge seller for WB. I don't think it would work as good as if it was part of the New 52 continuity.