World's Finest Writer's Corner Batman Cape Noir

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Wolf16, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Wolf16

Wolf16 New Member

BATMAN CAPE NOIR
    Ally Wolf
    Batman created by Bob Kane

Prologue

[FONT=&quot]Across town [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sherry Michele, a 23 year old dance student at the Gotham School of Dance was on her way home from a two hour workout. The smell of her sweet scent body spray surrounds her as she stopped at the curb of the cross walk sign and waited for the light to change color. She heard the sound of wailing sirens, the tune that echoed through the streets of this unforgiving city each night, heading to another crime scene. She watched them zoom by with their red and blue lights flashing in the store front windows and the keep a fire truck, louder and with a more demanding sound to the motorist as they swerved to the left side.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sherry looked up and saw a lightening flicker in the clouds, she was only ten minutes away from her apartment, but she knew that weather was unpredictable. She looked at the alley way across and made to the choice to use it as a short cut.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The light changed green and she stepped on the pavement, headlights reflecting in her silver blue eyes as she hurried to other side. The young woman entered the dark narrow alley that gives a grim sense that it was a bad idea, but she wasn't afraid of the homeless druggies who inhabited the shadows. She took a deep breath in and entered the alley, passing the rust green dumpster that was a home for rats. The rotten smell of decaying garbage enter through her nostrils as she felt a cold shiver run down her spine , she wasn't alone. Her heart started to pound, as she began to pick up speed.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Then all of a sudden there was a sound of footsteps hitting the wet pavement from behind. She started to walk faster and faster until her foot rolled and she landed face first on the pavement. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Ow!”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]She looked and saw a handsome man standing there wearing a black overcoat and a black pair of gloves.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Are you OK Miss?” he asked with a grim expression. Sherry could tell that he was of the trusting kind. She held out her hand and let the handsome strange lifted her off the ground.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"You shouldn't be alone at this time of night. People get killed in alleyways."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"I know." She said wiping the mud of her pant leg. "I was using as a shortcut. But I guess I should have stay in the wide open."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    The man gave her a sly snake like smile.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Well thank you. I should continue on my way."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"No. You're journey ends here hot stuff."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sherry's eyes went wide. "Excuse me?" she asked as the man pulled out a knife from one of his overcoat pockets waving it around.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Do you know what I use this for?"She gulped down as he waved across her face. "I use it for cutting things open."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sherry could feel sweat rolling down her back. "Listen sir. I..."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Tell me something. Didn't your mother ever teach you to never talk to strangers?"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"No."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Don't worry you'll see the lesson first hand. Tell me something hot stuff do you fear death?"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Sherry began to have tears rolling off her thin cheeks. She shook her head. "No," she wailed. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"Death comes to those who look it." The man sneered as he took the blade and sliced it through Sherry's throat. Blood began to leak down to her chest, as he looked at the sharp blade and licked it with his tongue. The young woman fell in a pile of ripped open trash bags; he stood there looking at his dying prey with his shark like eyes. She gave up her last breath, eyes rolled back and he crouched down and removed a sharp needle from his pocket and jabbed it into the vein of her neck. Draining the crimson blood , the sweet nectar that flowed through her body.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Chapter 1[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    Gotham City 3: 23 A.M.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Light rain was falling down on the narrow streets of Gotham City as a shaft of light reflected in the grey colored clouds revealing a symbol that everyone feared or embraced. The symbol that was written criminals lips as they sat rotting I theirs cells, the Bat.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Commissioner Jim Gordon was leaning against the cement ledge of roof top of Gotham Police Headquarters his blood shot eyes watery from the lack of sleep he had been experiencing for the past three nights. He closed his silver blue eyes and took a deep breath in letting the rain wash away his troubles.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The door of the stair well opened revealing a young dark haired woman with glasses, her face thin and body slender .Her name was Riley Thompson, a rookie family crisis officer who transferred from New York after her younger sister Angela was found dead in her blood stained bathtub of her uptown apartment. A bullet to the chest and throat sliced opened. The killer was never found, and Riley’s niece Graceland went missing after that night. After watching her sister’s body being lowered six feet into the ground, Riley made her choice and left New York hoping that death wouldn't haunt her.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the rookies hands was two coffee cups as she walked up to Gordon.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Does your wife know that you spend your nights leaning against this roof top?" she asked handing Gordon the coffee.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"She doesn't mind. She knows its part of the job."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sipped her coffee and looked at the searchlight. "I see your friend hasn't shown up yet?"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gordon smirked. "He usually comes when he's not busy."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"You think he'll show up tonight?"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"There’s a possibly detective. But knowing from detective I doubt it."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Club 88 - Gotham East End 3: 48 A.M.

Bright blue and white strobe lights were flashing as the pounding music boomed in the smoke filled room that smelt of cigarettes and yeast from the tall glasses of beer that the blonde haired bar tender was handing out to his happy customers. Franklin Stabs was sitting at his top booth overseeing the dancers on the floor while his twenty five year old mistress was covering her ears from the pounding music.
    "Frankie, can you up stairs."
    "Shut up sweetheart and enjoy the evening." Franklin looked at his body guards sitting around the table looking at the thin slender waitresses unaware that a dark figure was peering down at them from the skylight above.
    The figure smashed through the glass, sending the sharp pieces flying all over the place Stabs looked up and saw the dark angel of death diving down, his long cape in the shape of thick black wings.
    "No." Franklin said removing his gun from the under the table. "Not you."
    Batman smacked his feet on the cherry oak table; he reached his hand and smashed his fist into one of the bodyguard’s jaw sending him falling down the stairwell.
    "You've got a lot of nerve coming on my territory freak." Franklin said pointing his gun at Batman's head. "I'm going to have to show you what we do to unwanted trespassers. Batman glared at the crime boss with his intense dark eyes showing haunting piercing hues of silver hazel covered with black. He clenched his jaw and slapped the gun out of Franklin’s hand, making the mistress scream as he leaned forward and peered into Franklin’s eyes, his lips formed into a scowl.
    "What the heck do you want freak? You have nothing on me?"
    "Oh I'm sure I can think of something." Batman reached for Stabs neck and pulled him in closer. "Let's get air."
    Franklin gulped down as he waved his men off with his right hand while Batman lifted him off his feet and fired his grappling hook to the edge of the skylight. "I hope you're not afraid of heights?"
    Franklin’s eyes went wide.

A few minutes later Franklin Stabs found himself hanging down 5 feet in the air with only a thin wire around his ankles stopping him from impacting his body on the cold ground. Batman was standing on the stairwell with the grapple wire held tightly in his hand.
    "What do you want from me!!?” Franklin screamed.
    "I want information. Judge Madison daughter has been reported missing. Knowing you Stabs you have information on her current location." Batman growled.
    "Alright I'll tell you freak. She's been sold."
    "Sold?"
    "She was sold last night to an overseas arms dealer in Hong Kong who likes to treat young woman like her as slaves. After he's done, he frees them."
    Batman's eyes went wide.
    "You mean?"
    "Yes. He sells their remains on the black market. But right now there's a hot new product out."
    "What?!"
    "The product is vials of drained blood."
    "Blood draining?"
    Franklin nodded. "Yes."
    Batman lowered the crime boss down gently and then released the fire. He smacked his feet on the pavement and hauled him up by his neck.
    "Where can I find a dealer from blood draining in Gotham?"
    "I can't tell you freak. They'll kill me. All I can do is tell you that Judges Daughter is dead and two other girls around her age have been drained."
    Batman clenched his teeth and released his grasped on Stabs neck. "If I find out you're lying, I'm coming for you."
    Franklin nodded.
    Batman snapped his cape around and melted into the shadows. Franklin pulled out his mobile phone and dialed.
    "Hello?" came a man's voice that sounded Eastern European
    "We have a problem. Batman is sniffing around."
    "Let him. I wouldn't mind having his blood in my collection."[/FONT]

#1 Wolf16, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012