World's Finest RPG Batman Beyond RPG (Continued in Part 2)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Inque, Apr 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

Hey all,

This thread will be for the Batman Beyond RPG. To start things off, let's pick characters.

I pick Inque!

Just reply with your character pick, and once we get some characters, I'll post a message on how the actual rpg is going to get run.

2. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

Batfake

I want to Batman. Good ole Terry McGinnis.

3. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll be the same..

I was Willie Watt in the old RPG, and I'll still be him this one.. :)

-BB

4. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

here's another recap!

Inque - Inque
    Shriek - Terry McGinnis
    Bird Boy - Willie Watt

just 2 more people!

5. Mr. Obsession

Mr. Obsession Active Member

I call Stalker!

I just don't know how often I'll be able to participate.

6. Eve

Eve Guest

I would like to be Ten

7. Shriek

Sweet!

We can start. Inque are you going to do a demo of how this RP is going to be like?

8. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Whaaaaaaaat?

How many villians is their going to be in this RPG anyway? We have enough to be one..and what about Bruce? Who's going to be Bruce? I can be Bruce also. is that possible? lol

-BB

9. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

recap of the characters:

Inque - Inque
    Shriek - Terry McGinnis
    Bird Boy - Willie Watt and Brucewayne
    Mr. Obssesion - Stalker
    Eve - Ten

some general rules:

1)it's not really turned based, people can post whenever they want. the only times it would be turn-based if there were dialogue or fighting. if ya need an example take a look at the batman rpg over at www.gothamcityusa.com i admit that the rpg there is kinda slow and has few characters.
    2) People can have up to 2 characters, 3 if they can really play ALL of the characters well.
    3) Made up characters are allowed, but no "Mary Sues" as SilverKnight calls them. That means that they always can't be allpowerful, allknowing, etc.
    4)Write in the FIRST person and in the PRESENT. You ARE the character and not some third party observer.

i guess we can have as many villians as we want as long as we don't do some huge villian take over and utter chaos.

#9 Inque, May 3, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2001
  10. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

WE'RE READY TO BEGIN!! Hey Shriek, since you're Terry Mcginnis, you can start us off!

#10 Inque, May 3, 2001
  11. Shriek

Does it go a lil like this??

I stand alone on top of Gotham Towers. My mask is off and it is waving through the air. I look down into the Gotham Streets.
    The suit is on and I as I stare down into the street I think about my father and how Powers took him from me. A small tear sheds from my eye and I quickly wipe it.

"This is so boring", I say to myself, "This week has gone by so slow. No thefts, robbery's, not even a phone call from Dana."

#11 Shriek, May 3, 2001
  12. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

exactly!! just set it up so that other characters can come in.....

13. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

due to popular demand, j/k ---sort of, i'm making a "general rules" thread so we can clear up a lot of confusion in the rpgs

14. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

It hasn't been used here, but we're really not going to use the "tag" idea. It kinda leaves people out because only certain people can respond. It's going to be left open for other people to join in, unless there's some dialogue or fighting. And remember, not all of the action is happening in once spot, other characters can start something too.

15. Mr. Obsession

I stand in the middle of the alley, around me are some Jokerz. One lies next to a trash can sobbing, another cradles his broken arm. Two others are moaning as they start to come around.

"Pathetic."

At my feet lies one of them, dressed as a tribute to a man long gone. Oh how I long to have lived then. What kind of hunt would he have provided?

I take off down the alley. They were lucky tonight, tomorrow I may not feel so generous. At least they gave me a warm up. Now it's time to start the real hunt.

16. Shriek

Yee Haw!

I blast through the Gotham Night Sky. My dark red wings turning my black shadow into the figure every criminal FEARS! THE BAT

I hear a faint moan from a partially lit alley. I think to myself, "Finally something to do!" I swoop down into the alley doing a barell roll into the light.

"Ahh!! No please! We didn't do anything this time!," J-Man says to me. He is moaning and screaming in pain. Blood pooring down his face.

I glance around the alley seeing Jokerz near death. They look so harmless in this state. I almost feel sorry for the scum.

I grab J-Man by the collar and pull him up to my face. He screams in torture like he has seen a ghost. I squint my eyes in a fear striking way. I ask him one question, "Who did This?"

J-Man doesn't answer. I keep staring at him and finally after he coughs and blood pours out I begin to receive an answer.
    "Strong he was. An indian dude. He practically slagged my whole gang. All I asked for was for some creds. And he took out a pole and creamed us all."

"Stalker!" I drop J-Man and place the call for help. "This is unit 4. I'm South bound behind Gotham Towers. I need an ambulance here in the double."

I gallantly extend my wings and blast off vertically into the night sky heading towards my home.

17. Mr. Obsession

The roof tops provide shadows, an almost perfect cover. I too understand the appeal the great bat spirt has for this urban jungle, though I prefer the real thing.

A siren rings out in the north and is heading my way. Police? No an ambulance. Perhaps someone has found my playmates.

Should I go back? No, the greater challenge would be to keep going forward. Besides, returning may provide the Batman the chance to become my hunter. That would never do.

I head east.

18. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

I am Bruce Wayne.. :)

I wait for McGinnis to turn on his CommLink again. He contacted me about Stalker and the beating he gave the Jokerz. Villians weren't nearly as nice in my day... they would have killed them..not just beaten them up. The last McGinnis said was "Wait..I think I see him now", then he shut off the commlink. I wonder what Stalker is up to now.

While I wait, I turn on the news. It seems Willie Watt has broken out of Juvie and is on the loose... I guess this week won't be as dull as the last.

The light on the bat-computer blinks, I flip the switch. It's McGinnis, guess he's reporting in...

I press the commlink in and say "McGinnis. Report. Did you find Stalker?"

19. Shriek

Westbound!

The huge Batmobile jerks low left as I turn the controls. I keep the beast flying low running the infared scope so I do not miss a thing.

"Slaggit!" "I can't find anything Wayne. I've covered most of the West side of Gotham. I'm at the pier now. If he wanted to be found I would of seen something by now. He's to smart for this. I could of sworn I saw him earlier over here. But when I got closer it was only a bum. He hasn't been anywhere near my house. I am sure of it."

With a twist of both wrists the Batmobile bolts up into the air towards the bat cave. "I'm heading in. Maybe you can dig something up about why he is back in town."

20. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

I am Willie Watt

I run through the street..the cops are on my heels. That old commish can run...No matter, all I have to do is one simple flick of my wrist and their guns will fly out of their hands.

I stop in front of them, I tell them I surrender, and to take me back to Juvie. Like I put any truth behind that. The comm. knows I'm lying..but how? She must have had some sort of special training. She finally agrees to "take me in". As they approach me, I put my hands up in the air and watch as the light post comes crashing down on the 2 young cops. Only the commish left to deal with now.

I hear a rumbling in the air. It's a perfectly clear night, so I know it's not going to storm. I hear it..it comes closer..but I still can't see it.

Then I do. It de-cloaks itself. It's Batman. I should have known. He always interferes with my fun. But I can handle him.

I look to the other side of me. I must thank the city for these light poles. I rip it out from the ground and the light goes out in it. i wield it as if it were a stick. Having these telekenetic powers are the best. I swing it and have it contact with the Batmobile. I watch the Batmobile go sailing into the trees. It counter-re-acts and comes back for more. How stupid of him. Does he really think he can take me?

I swing it harder than before, and it contacts directly with it's engine. It's almost funny how easy this is. The batmobile heads right toward me..not because Batman is taking it towards me..but because he can't control it. I jump out of the way. and drop the light pole...somehow...out of luck, it contacts with the Commish's ribs. I watch her scream in pain and slam into a tree.

I've done enough damage here. I run into the trees and go back to my old house..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.