"Batman: Arkham City" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ryusuke, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

[​IMG]

The Nightwing Bundle Pack for Batman: Arkham City will be available November 1.

Nightwing comes complete with his own unique gadgets and special moves, and is playable in all challenge maps in the game, as well as two additional challenge maps that are included with the pack: Wayne Manor and Main Hall. The pack also contains a bonus Animated Series Nightwing character skin.

That means you don't have to worry about pre-ordering or it being exclusive to any counsels or stores. You'll just have to pay for it, which isn't too bad. Get it if you want it.

Robin will also be available if you chose not to pre-order through Best Buy. Robin will be available on November 22 to all owners of the game.

Both download content bundles will be offered on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for 560 Microsoft Points and PlayStation®Network for $6.99.

New poster
    [​IMG]

Game Informer’s latest issue, which is already available to subscribers, contains a review of the highly-anticipated Batman: Arkham City. Believe it or not, the publication has awarded the game a perfect score. Yes, a ten out of ten. That doesn’t happen too often!

As expected, the review is full of praise. Combat was complimented, as was the amount of content available. The reviewer wrote that Catwoman “performs as admirably as the star”.

Here’s a summary regarding Arkham City’s visuals:

“Gotham City is lavishly detailed with dark hues and soaring architecture. Most of the central story missions take place indoors in environments that are just as striking. The museum is particularly impressive.”

The reviewer even went as far as to say that Arkham City “is the best use of a license in the industry’s history”.

http://gamingeverything.com/10356/game-informers-batman-arkham-city-review-is-in/

2. Avengers

Avengers Active Member

Hello, I just found out their is a forum for video games, this websites got everything :D

I have been anticipating this game for a long time and was wondering if anyone could help me finalize some theories I have:

First on inspection of the achievement list their is one with an image of bloody bandages and its for beating a serial killer, sounds like Hush to me

In a recent trailer (preorder one) we see a hole bunch of flash backs involving bruce as we see crime alley, did anyone else get a scarecrow vibe? I know they do not want to use the dream sequences in the game but it made me think he will attack bats as he visits the spot considering how tied he was to Bruce's tragedy in the first game

Also is Ra's in the game? Talia is so I doubt he isn't but what on earth would he be doing their
    In a trailer talia was with Joker and we know he dies but why on earth would they revive him, I am so confused and intrigued

Also is anyone else nervous that only Joker and a couple other villains are going to get a decent spotlight, We know Joker, Riddler, strange and Catwomen will be huge players but in Penguin's trailer it looks like you fight him once and leave, same with freeze and twoface I hope someone can convince me I am wrong coase its the only aspect of this game that worries me

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

Arkham city villains Check list so far *view at your own risk*
    The Joker
    Harley Quinn
    Hugo Strange
    Two-Face
    Poison Ivy
    The Riddler
    The Penguin
    Mr. Freeze
    Zsasz
    Killer Croc
    Bane
    Mad Hatter
    Black Mask
    Calendar Man
    Deadshot
    Solomon Grundy

4. Avengers

Avengers Active Member

That I knew (and you forgot Talia and wait since when is Croc in the game) it was more of could these be indications that those two unannounced characters could be in the game and if they are just bat them and never see them again or will they be as spotlighted and exciting as the first game, lets face it the more villains the less time each gets, unless I am wrong and I would love someone to prove me that

5. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The more villains less time thing doesn't really apply to games( if anything the opposite is true in games ), especially if the game is as huge as Rocksteady and anyone who's played it have said it is. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. And aside from a few villains I'm ok with them only showing up for a really good bit and not seeing them, guys like Zsasz and Deadshot really don't need to be in anymore than side missions and although I love Penguin and Freeze they also don't need to be seen too much. Two Face I heard shows up through Catwoman's adventures but guess we'll have to wait and see on it.

6. Avengers

Avengers Active Member

Oh I totally agree with you, they picked the perfect characters for side stories Zsas, deadshot, bane and whomever else were cast perfectly. What I am worried about is certain villains being cameos, I think Penguin and Freeze should not be one encounter foes, unlike Grundy who can fight and leave without an issue. I guess what I am afraid of is that everyone is a side mission except Joker, I want to have Penguin, freeze, strange, and whoever else are major players in this city be a constant nuisance to Bats but like you said this is defenatly a wait and see kind of issue but I really am praying that I am completely wrong and you are right

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

#327 Batman, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
  8. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well for anyone wondering why there was no demo here the official word on it.

ArkhamCity.com

Pretty much what I expected, too bad as that would really help with the waiting...or make it worse whichever:p

9. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

LEAK WARNING:
    Starting tonight, some people have gotten ahold of the game already, and are already leaking parts of the game online.

Well, time for me to leave this thread (and most sites I regularly visit) and avoid all spoilers for a few weeks...god knows I already got something major spoiled for me already (not here, though). I'd suggest others do the same if they don't want to be spoiled.

10. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Good news, Canadian gamers! Future Shop has announced a series of special midnight openings for the highly-anticipated release of Batman: Arkham City. Check the press release below for more!

Future Shop hosting midnight openings for Batman: Arkham City

Select Future Shop locations open across Canada for release heroic gaming title​

[​IMG]

Announcement highlights:

* On the night of Monday, October 17, 2011, select Future Shop stores are open for midnight openings for Batman: Arkham City for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
    * The first customers who buy Batman: Arkham City are eligible to win branded merchandise and receive bonuses, such as a Future Shop exclusive The Dark Knight DLC skin designed by Frank Miller and a copy of Batman Begins on Blu-ray.
    * Hundreds of customers are expected to line-up and purchase the game across the country.​
    The Dark Knight returns to the gaming world with the release of Batman: Arkham City for PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360 on Tuesday, October 18, 2011. To mark the occasion, on the night of Monday, October 17, Future Shop, Canada’s largest retailer and etailer of consumer electronics, is hosting midnight openings at select locations* across Canada.

Batman fans are invited to snag their copies of the game on the night of October 17 after the doors of their local Future Shop open at midnight, as well as line-up to receive incredible Batman: Arkham City bonuses. First purchasers of the game will receive dowloadable content content (DLC) of The Dark Knight costume designed by comic-book icon, Frank Miller. This DLC is only available in Canada through Future Shop to customers who have pre-ordered Batman: Arkham City, or purchase at midnight or on day one of the game’s release.

Additional midnight opening and day one offers include branded Batman: Arkham City merchandise of posters, t-shirts, keychains and music download cards. First purchasers also qualify to receive a complimentary copy of Batman Begins Blu-ray movie ($22 value) and a $10 credit towards the purchase of Assassin’s Creed Revelations (releasing November 15, 2011). All giveaways are available in limited quantities.

Where: Select Future Shop locations across Canada, visit www.futureshop.ca/arkhamcity for store listings.

When: Monday, October 17, 2011
    Participating locations’ doors open at 11:59 p.m. local time.

Who: Hundreds of customers are expected to line-up after 9:00 p.m. (local time) and purchase the game across the country.

Batman: Arkham City is presently available for pre-order in collector’s and regular editions at futureshop.ca.

Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds off its predecessor Batman: Arkham Asylum. The griping game delivers an authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level.

For more information, visit www.futureshop.ca/arkhamcity.

*Visit www.futureshop.ca/arkhamcity for complete store listings. Quebec excluded due to local laws.

And - a reminder - If you are interested in winning a copy of the Batman: Arkham City - The Album CD release from WaterTower Musi, just send me an email at bbeyond@yahoo.com - with your mailing address - labeled "Batman: Arkham City CD Contest" by Friday, October 14th, 2011. Click the link and scroll down for more details:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php/news.php?action=fullnews&id=1146

11. Avengers

Avengers Active Member

So I am assuming most people have seen the video online where madhatter and poison ivy were announced, when Hill mentioned the serial killer it showed Batman fighting a one armed guy with a knife, Who was that? The achievement for it was an image of bandages so is that Hush? I don't think so

12. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Beware for anyone interested in buying a used copy or borrowing the game from a friend, you are going to have to pay extra for Catwoman. That right you CAN'T play the Catwoman storymode missions unless it new. Well it looks like new copy for me then.

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

New Harley Quinn Black and White posters

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Kinda reminds me of The Crow from the comics:
    [​IMG]

I expected the positive reviews, but they're still reassuring to see. I'm not much of a gamer usually, but I did play the first one, and loved it. I really can't wait for this.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight

#335 Batman, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
  16. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I'm worried about the way the Catwoman content is going to work. If the code is in the box, it's all good. If the code is on a card or something that I have to depend on a Gamestop employee to not give away to his friends and "run out" of, then that really sucks. Sounds like the content is so significant the game is neutered without it.

17. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yea I hope that the code for Catwoman is on the back of the instruction book like Resistance 3( hopefully it works unlike Resistance 3 ). Guess that means I'll be opening the shrinkwrap once I get out of the store to make sure it's there along with the Joker Carnival pack.

18. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

So it's the best superhero game ever. Cool. Everyone expected it and everyone is going to pick it up anyway, but it's cool to have that confirmed.

Just wish there weren't all these confusing pre-order and DLC headaches.

19. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Well this weird. Gamestop and WB seem to have some kind of deal where people who buy used copy will get the Catwoman code after all. So I guess this was all made so that Gamestop it the only store who benefits from the used sales :shrug:.

Edit: Kotaku explain how the Catwoman code works.

Great now I have to wait like an hour to before I get to play the game :shrug: . Thanks Warner Bros.

20. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

With a very rare game like this I don't think a used copy is anywhere near an option. Come on, those who need to watch their pennies, JUST THIS ONE TIME. You know Batman is the franchise for which you'd have that one-time exception to the rule.

Thanks very much for all the Nightwing pics and info, above posters. You very much rule, and put me at ease about Nightwing stuff. I mean if that was a preorder thing I would....I'm actually not sure. Have you CHECKED my namesake? Hmm??

No offense to the new attempt at Robin but if there's all this Nightwing stuff I may not even need Robin at all. The only downside to that is I'd want him just to have everything the game has to offer, so in order to do so the preorder for him would be better. That way I wouldn't be paying for him.

I think we all deserve this DLC "priveledge" stuff to completely cease forever as a "Thank You" for all of us being so positive in light of all the complexities and headaches with all these separate add-ons.

At the same time, though, I hate having to wait. No it's not about waiting, it's about how you shouldn't have to. I don't even remember if my Shuma Gorath and Jill fighters from Marvel vs Capcom 3 are still available to me. I wasn't able to enter my code for a whole month, and after that month I had forgotten because I was doing house renovations so my PS3 wasn't hooked up for a spell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.