Batman (1966) DVD Specs Announced!

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, May 31, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

For the full run down, check out the site's newspage at http://wf.toonzone.net/wfnews, but we'l get commenataries, trailers, a bunch of other stuff! It won't rival the SUPERMAN DVD, but it'll be up there. This is making me really anxious for the Batman (1989) DVD Re-release!

2. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

yee haw

I must at admit, this movie is probably the worst (special effects, acting, and overall movie wise) of the movies (w/ B&R an exception), and as much as I didn't much care for it..I'm gonna buy it? Why? Cuz it's cool..hehe. Anyway, the only thing I'm upset about is the English 2.0 Surround?? what gives? Even the $15 Batman DVD's have Dolby 5.1!!

-BB

3. Joker85

Joker85 Clown Prince

Bird_Boy, Batman(1966) was hokey, but it was supposed to be. B&R wasn't. I prefer the 1966 version to that B&R crap any day. Of coure i am a fan of the 60s series so maybe I'm prejudice. I can't wait for the DVD to come out!!!!:) :) :)

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The 1966 movie was supposed to be campy. The orrid 1997 installment was supposed to be someone serious (I just can't see this as a serious movie) so the 1966 is just better than that horrid movie. They reduced Freeze to a punchline! ARGH!