"Batgirl (2000 - 2006)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Dec 20, 2001.

?

Discuss the comic and leave a rating!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #33 talkback (spoilers)

Written by Kelley Puckett; art and cover by Damion Scott and Robert Campanella

Batman enlists Batgirl to help him apprehend a dangerous new metahuman. But the metahuman is merely the first step in a wider investigation to find a mysterious figure named Alpha. Unfortunately for Cassandra, the only person with info on Alpha is the one man she never wanted to face again: her father, the deadly assassin David Cain!

BATMAN | Color,32 pg. $2.50

[​IMG]

2. SpotLane

SpotLane Teacher's Pet Fangirl

I hate that cover! But the issue is rather good. I'm so glad that Kelly Puckett and Robert Campanella are back!

3. Kathy Kane

Kathy Kane Captain Jack Harkness

WOW!
    I thought it was amazing how she meets her father! She smashes in a window to say "hi!" :D
    I liked it. And the Art is excellent.

4. LiquidXIR

LiquidXIR Member

Sad really that this issue was better and had more depth/artwork than all of Dixons run. Fabulous issue. Long live Puckett and Campanella, inks really do make a difference.

5. Gotham Knights '68

Gotham Knights '68 Gotham's Finest

Everything wrapped up in one!

A truly great 22 page comic. I am loving Cassandra more and more each and every issue. She is truly an amazing addition to the Batman Universe.

First time seeing her in civilian clothing really - at least in a skirt. Batman cameos were awesome - its so great seeing Batman back to normal again. He truly cares about Cassandra as does Babs, love the special friendship / Bond those two share.

Great Powerfull scenes/panels that carry the story and really gets you into it without writing down a word - which has been done so well throughout the first 33 isssues of this great book!!!

Her meeting with "Dad" was just really really cool. We really see Cassandra as a human being in this one!!!

6. wrenchien

wrenchien Active Member

it takes real guts to fight crime in a full-spandex bodysuit where your facemask is sewn shut so you got to breathe through the spandex (WHAM- THUD!)

owie

7. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #34 Talkback (Spoilers)

Batgirl is a lot of things: a martial arts master, a world class athlete — but not a detective. Not yet. But she aims to learn the craft at the side of the master...Batman. In this issue, Batgirl tags along with Batman on the investigation of a brutal murder of a father and small child.

BATMAN | Color, 32 pg. $2.50

[​IMG]

8. zero zero nine

zero zero nine striding

Damion Scott's artwork bothers me. I want Cass to be hotter. :p

Good story over all, and I knew that the ending would be the "wrong, depressing answer is the right one."

EDIT:

Also, that Darknight detective thing in the front... just bothered me. I kept on saying Darnight. Spell correctly!

9. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #35 Talkback (Spoilers)

Batgirl helps Batman hunt for the mysterious killer code-named Alpha. What she finds is a guy with amnesia — wanted by several gun-running goons of Gotham — who has planted a nuclear weapon in Gotham City.

BATMAN | 32pg. | Color | $2.50
    Available on December 11th, 2002

[​IMG]

:tom:

10. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

You know I'm really starting to hate pulling the WWE inserts from my comics.

This issue reminded me of a Twlight Zone episode a few weeks ago. The one where the guy was an agent but didn't know what he was doing or where he was going. Who didn't see the guy being Alpha? Not bad.

11. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #36 Talkback (Spoilers)

BATGIRL #36

[​IMG]

Batgirl has found the international terrorist-for-hire code-named Alpha... and he has amnesia! Her quandary: Can she help him remember enough to find and defuse a nuclear bomb before he recalls why he set it in the first place?

Available on January 15th, 2003

12. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Batgirl #37 Talkback (Spoilers)

When a master thief kidnaps a remarkable child with talents worth millions of dollars, itÕs up to Batgirl to solve the crime and save the child! Plus: A huge secret from CassandraÕs past is revealed!

Available on February 19th, 2003

[​IMG]

13. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

I’m starting to think Batgirl’s costume is getting a little silly. I think it’s due to the fact to the ridiculous facial expressions they give her under the mask. Granted Cassie might not fill out the costume like Huntress did but her costume has always been one of my favorites. It has a rough dark look that you would expect from someone who does this kind of work. It’s shouldn’t be bright and polished. I blame the artist for ruining this costume. Just look at the pages where she thinks or has revelations under the mask. It’s kind of corny.

Not much to talk about in terms of the story. It seems like they are going for more action and less talk in this book.

We did learn that Cain could leave the jail anytime he wants. He should teach his trick to the rest of the inmates. I’m sure he’d make a lot of money.

14. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

I want to bring up something in this thread to anyone, if anyone read this book and wasn't really happy with it as a hole. Do you think that Jim Lee has impcated the bat titles and DC in such a way that if Jim Lee isn't on it, then no one pays attention to it and they put out crap? Just look at what Gotham Knights is becoming. Is there such thing as an editor any more?

15. Ms. Kitty

Ms. Kitty Is BUSTED!!!

I guess so, but I still got Cawoman :cool: What was that "huge secret" from C's past? I'm gonna get this ish anyway since it's the last one for the current crew. :)

16. Gotham Knights '68

The Artwork - for those who don't like it - will not be around for long - the book is getting a new creative team soon.

Batgirl continues to tell a compelling, emotional story with minimal words and good visual storytelling. This story was a bit dark and disturbing. I was surprised when Batgirl turned the father in at the end...I really felt bad for him - I would be devastated without my little girl. I wanted to really smack the mother. The roof-top exchange between Batman and Batgirl was awesome. The whole Cain story grows, Cassandra's flash backs and memories found - all makes for some great story telling.

As for whether or not Jim Lee's artwork is making people not like others art is just insane. These characters were around long before Jim Lee started penciling them and they will be around long after he leaves. He is an amazing artist and its a real treat to be able to enjoy his vision of the Bat-Universe. But it doesn't take away from the other great talents. Detective's artwork has been great and Ryan Sook will be soon taking over the reigns there!!! - Gotham Knights' Robinson is great - I love Leonardi's Nightwing and Woods' Robin is good. Artists come and go, but the characters will always remain!

#56 Gotham Knights '68, Feb 24, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2003
  17. BLACKHEART

BLACKHEART Member

Actually the art and color of Detective suffered a lot for a period of time when they only used two colors.

18. Gotham Knights '68

Ahh!!! True, the 2-color thing did take a bit of getting used to, that was the era right after NML ended. It was different, but the stories were so good I really never minded the color schemes and Martinbrough's art was ok. I was actually really referring to the current story arc - which is quite good I might add :D

19. westg8

westg8 New Member

Does anyone have any more info on the new creative team for Batgirl and when they'll be starting? I, for one, love the artwork and would hate to see the current team leave. Whenever there are fill-ins, the art seriously lacks in the style that initially drew me into the series. Any news on this would be great.

steven

20. Beyond Batman

Beyond Batman The Tomorrow Knight

Batgirl #58 Talkback (spoilers)

So Cassandra joins Tim in Bludhaven, conveniently saving Robin's life from Shrike. The Dynamic Duo has changed dynamics and it looks like Robin could learn some new moves from Batgirl. What do you guys think of Robin and Batgirl moving to Bludhaven?

[​IMG]