AS Losing King of the Hill? - Yep. Cleveland Show too.

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by wjbraden, Jun 20, 2018.

1. wjbraden

wjbraden Member

According to some recent grid updates, it appears King of the Hill has been completely removed from all of its usual slot on June 30th and July 1st, being replaced by extra reruns of the Cleveland Show and Bob's Burgers. Though the grids haven't been updated past July 1st yet, I'm getting the feeling that [as]'s rights to the show may have lapsed, but we'll see for sure once we get some new schedules.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I'm disappointed that that's what AS does when King of the Hill is gone. More of The Cleveland Show? Has anyone ever asked for that? They should put something like The Brak Show, Harvey Birdman, Home Movies, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, or The Venture Bros. in that slot. Or perhaps do a nice rotation every night through their older originals that haven't seen the light of day in a while?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Agreed with GG. Needs more variety.

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

King of the Hill is one of the more family friendly shows on Adult Swim, it was a good way to separate the CN viewers with the AS viewers while being gentle.

It definitely will be a shame to see KotH go from the schedule, it has a lot of episodes for reruns and it is one of the few non McFarlane Fox shows that had a good run.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. LinusFan303

LinusFan303 A fan of Charlie Brown and Linus

I would be sad if King of the Hill is gone, since no one else seems to air it and the show also doesn't have any streaming (I do have some seasons on DVD though) . Also. for more Cleveland Show, nooooooo! I'd rather have a double of Bob's Burgers than that. (I do like Bob's Burgers)

6. Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis Member

I hope this is true.

7. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Yeah, I noticed very recently that the show was completely purged off digital distribution (apparently well over a year ago too, after a little searching). I have no idea what that's about.

But yes, the DVD sets (especially the early seasons) are fairly easy to obtain if you look on Amazon or Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd check the show on Adult Swim's website. The final season is up there, but that's it.
    Has KOTH's streaming always (or at least recently) been this limited on the website? I rarely go on there, so I'm not sure.

9. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I believe so. Though I've been there equally as rarely, so I might be wrong.

10. wjbraden

wjbraden Member

If KOTH really is leaving, I think it would be really wise to stick Dragon Ball Kai + Super reruns in the 8:00 weekday slot. Not only Dragon Ball proven to have good replay numbers (when it aired at 8-9pm on Saturdays), but it would a great transition from Cartoon Network show like KOTH. Even if AS only has the rights to the Final chapters and Super, that over a 120+ episode backlog they're sitting on. Seriously, I think it's time for some weeknight anime again, we really dont need 3 hours of primetime devoted to MacFarlane shows, do we?

11. LinusFan303

They put the recent episodes they've aired on the website and on demand then switch out they've never had the whole series on there.

12. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I don't want it completely removed...heck, that'd be the end of an Adult Swim era (going back to January 2009, that's how long KotH has been on Adult Swim). I just wanted it moved from being the starting episode each night.

And I sure don't want The Cleveland Show to replace it.

I'd rather they do reruns of Samurai Jack (all seasons, 1 thru 5) in that timeslot...or do weekday "Dragon Ball Super" or weekday "Naruto Shippuden".

• Like Like x 1
  13. LinusFan303

My Cable guide still shows it on July 2nd , but not on it's normal double airing on Sunday the 1st.

14. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Does the one on July 2 have a generic description about the whole show instead of an episode? If so, that’s blank placeholder. I don’t think the schedule past July 1 has been released yet.

15. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Ambassador of Harvey Street

Whoa! Good riddance to bad rubbish! It's about time that overplayed show got the boot!

• Like Like x 1
  16. retropartyfilm

Maybe King of the Hill will be moved to FXX, where they air many hours of The Simpsons.

17. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

This. Co-Signed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LinusFan303

The whole Cartoon Network does that day so I guess it hasn't been updated that far yet.

19. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler Senior Member

Cleveland better not take all of KotH's slots if it leaves. People have had enough of that show.

Can't CN just take the 8 p.m. hour back already?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Ambassador of Harvey Street

That's not really CN's decision. I think Adult Swim runs in a different area from CN.

• Like Like x 1