"Arrow" Season Six Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by The Penguin, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I don't buy it. Why would his brain factor into his healing factor? No, this WAS just bad writing.

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Hmmm, apparently Penguin is on holiday.

Cayden James was played for a sucker all along and gets whacked by Diaz. Quentin goes rogue and takes Laurel for a ride. That's not going to end well. William becomes a hero, which may have contributed to James' surrendering.

Arrow gets a 2 week break for the Olympics, same as The Flash. Seems the other networks are conceding the ratings.

#62 hobbyfan, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Arrow "The Devil's Greatest Trick"

Good and bad. Good because the 45 minutes plus commercials I just watched was pretty boss. Bad because I am now pretty sure the rest of the season is gonna suck.

I understand why they made the traitor Diaz. The audience has no attachment to him the way they do Laurel or Anatoly. Which is precisely why the betrayal should have been one of those two. It's a nothing twist, and means we are trading one no-name Big Bad for another. Could you imagine the stakes if Dinah had been right, and the mastermind of season was Laurel Lance? Not only would that rip a hole in the foundation of Team Arrow and The Outsiders, but what the hell would Quentin do?

By the way, Quentin as Annie Wilkes is stupid. The one thing about the episode I didn't like.

What I like about the scene of Cayden and Oliver in the end before Diaz comes in to kill him, is that Cayden is pretty much acknowledging his son would be disgusted with his actions. Especially since he was doing them in his name. I would love the Punisher to have a similar epiphany, but he seems more less self-aware and much more evil than Cayden James.

Am I the only one who wants to smack William? Because he became in this episode what we hate about kid characters. Rushing into danger and causing all sorts of unneeded complications for the heroes. It worked out okay dramawise, as his and Oliver's bonding is the thing that caused James to surrender, but once a kid character is the annoying Mary Sue, they cannot stop being the annoying Mary Sue. They are literally that forever. And he wasn't until this episode, which bums me out.

Where was Felicity when she should have been watching him? I know she was busy, but I hope Oliver screams at her later.

The new chief of police is on Diaz's payroll? The one who Quentin vouched for? Suddenly his seeing the good in a monster like Laurel makes sense. This episode pretty much made him the series chump.

Man, I loved the episode. Me enjoying this season was nice as long as it lasted. I don't expect a ton of positive reviews for the rest of the year. ****1/2.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Let me give a shout to anyone on TZ who's in my neck of the woods (upstate NY). Marc "Crazy" Guggenheim will be in Albany on April 20 as a guest of the NYS Writers Institute. The event will be at the University of Albany's Page Hall on Western Avenue. Admission is free.