Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Anime Coming in 2019

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by TheVileOne, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

OK, so last month this anime got announced, then it got pushed back to 2019. The good news is that it seems that was done for quality purposes. So I hope it means that White Fox will put a similar amount of effort into this show they didn't into things like RE:Zero.

I love Arifureta, so I hope this turns out good. Here's a synopsis of the web/light novels and manga:

Seventeen year old Hajime Nagumo is your average, everyday otaku. However, his simple life of pulling all-nighters and sleeping in school is suddenly turned upside down when he, along with the rest of his class, is summoned to a fantasy world! They're treated like heroes and tasked with the duty of saving the human race from utter extinction. But what should have been any otaku's wet dream quickly turns into Hajime's nightmare. While the rest of his class are blessed with godlike powers, Hajime's job, Synergist, only has a single transmutation skill. Ridiculed and bullied by his classmates for being weak, he soon finds himself in despair. Will he be able to survive in this dangerous world of monsters and demons with only a glorified blacksmith's level of strength?

Hajime Nagumo and his classmates are summoned to fantasy RPG world and recruited in a war and capable of receiving magical powers. One of his classmates hates him because of his relationship with a girl in their class. During a training excursion in a lower level dungeon cave, psycho classmate shoves Hajime down into the dungeon full of demons and beasts. He's just barely able to survive and after consuming demon flesh is able to absorb the abilities of any monster he consumes. This gives the low power level Hajime insane chuunibyou powers, so he decides to become an edgelord antihero to get revenge on his enemies and find a way to return home. Along the way, he acquires many waifus and high jinks ensue

Some promo artwork:

Staff:

Director: Jun Kamiya (Hikaru no Go, Kingdom)

Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Milky Holmes, Girls' Last Tour)

Character Designer: Atsuo Tobe (Kingdom)

Music: Ryo Takahashi (Please Tell Me! Galko-chan, Classroom of the Elite)

Anime Production: WHITE FOX (Is The order s Rabbit?, Grimoire of Zero)