"Aquaman" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,896 5 1
the point of no return
9/1: Ludi Lin confirms Murk will be much different than original version and on the set, Wan referred to the movie as 'Star Wars Underwater'.
I'm pretty sick and tired of the "inspiration" from Star Wars. I think we all get it, but didn't they say Raiders of the Lost Ark in another interview.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
11/6: Momoa says we will see Atlantis before his birth, 7 kingdoms, several young versions of Arthur, travel around world, gigantic ships, guys riding sharks, drunkard to regal king'
I'm guessing "Altantis before his birth" will showcase more Atlanna and the state of things when Orm took over the throne, or maybe even give us an Atlantis history lesson...

There being seven Atlantean or underwater kingdoms is a recent addition to the mythos in the comics to explain the different races of Atlanteans, so that should be interesting to see play out :).

It sounds like we're going to get a pretty extensive origin for Arthur, since they're featuring multiple periods in his growing up. Wonder Woman just had young Diana, teen Diana, and adult Diana as I recall :sweat:.

I'm guessing the "travel around the world" will be what introduces the other kingdoms ;).

"Drunkard to regal king." It's going to be really interesting seeing Momoa develop into classic Aquaman, though I have a hard time imagining it :p.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
EW has coverage for the movie:

Aquaman-Jason-Momoa-First-Look.jpg

It’s going to look very different, it will feel very different — aesthetically, tonally, story-wise — it’s my own take,” Wan told Entertainment Weekly. “It’s a much more a traditional action-adventure quest movie.”
“In Aquaman, you see when his parents met and what happened to them,” Momoa added. “Then the little boy being raised and finding his powers and going through that and never being accepted on either side. And then becoming this man who puts up all these walls. You just slowly see this man harden up and be completely reluctant wanting to be king and not knowing what to do with these powers he has.”