"Aquaman" Feature Film Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Wan reveals Black Manta is the lead villain while Orm will be 'antagnostic' as he debunks rumor of a 3rd villain.
If there were any rumors of a third villain I would've assumed it was Nereus or maybe The Trench, though Wan said the former isn't a villain so...

I'm guessing Orm's antagonism comes from conflict over Arthur's claim to the throne and his Atlantean extremism, but the main threat is Manta :evil:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
12/28: ^Yeah, I think the second. Might entail why he wouldn't join the JL at first. He accidentally killed the father with his powers.

Wan teases classic Black Manta revenge story.

1/1: Wan posted a close-up tease of something.

2/1: Wan posted a photo of a looping session with Abdul-Mateen.

2/11: At a licensing show, a figure of Momoa's Aquaman was spotted wearing the classic comic costume.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
2/11: At a licensing show, a figure of Momoa's Aquaman was spotted wearing the classic comic costume.
I remember seeing that figure before but I recall it being written off as a custom sculpt fans did and probably not accurate to what would be the in the actual movie...so much for that then :p.

I do wonder how far off we are from actual, official, costume shots of everybody. The most we have to go on are set pics and that one bit of art a while back.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Lundgren seems to confirm the father-daughter news and hints Nereus is trying to keep the peace and Mera is trying to convince him to join the right side then said Atlanna (and Nereus?) are trying to avoid war between the surface world and Atlantis.
I guess this confirms Atlana is still alive in the present day, and probably tempering Orm's more militant stance :ack:.

I wonder if Nereus and Atlanna will try, or did, arrange a marriage between Arthur and Mera in order to make peace between Atlantis and Xebel?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
2/22: Early test screening yields positive reviews comparable to Wonder Woman. Wilson praised as a great villain and Heard is very much a co-lead. And no air bubbles during talking underwater.

Some spoilers, take with a grain of salt
Momoa wears the comic book Aquaman costume in the movie.

Black Manta is a secondary villain. He looks just like he does in the comics and has the same origin as well.

The Trench is in the movie.

Aquaman can talk to fish, and he does in the movie

3/5: Promo posters spotted in Brazil.

Kalel126

Apr 22, 2018
Ratings
If I was making Aquaman I’d make it a little like temple of doom. What I mean is that Indiana Jones movie was a little darker ( Wan can hopefully do some scary stuff with under the sea creatures, making the water a dangerous place) .
I’d make the trident his mcguffin, but to appeal to the masses I’d give him a choice of getting the trident and saving a bunch of kids, and he chooses the kids. ( He can end up getting the trident Lester/ after anyways)
I’d be ripping the instrumental “ Salvation” from Two Steps From Hell as the Aquaman theme.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm guessing the figure is referring to a chase sequence that has Vulko bloody and bruised :ack:.

EDIT 04/24: WB showed footage at at CinemaCon.
#Aquaman crew all dropping F-bombs left and right. “The goal was to create something that’s never even f**king done before.” - James Wan
Amber Heard says she didn’t want to play a damsel in distress. “I actually save you more!” she says to Momoa, who shouts back, “spoiler!”
Black Manta is “very driven and has a reason for what he’s doing.” “He’s gonna come in and kick a lot of ass!” They’re about to show a new #Aquaman teaser now!
“The War is coming to the surface and I am bringing the wrath of the seven seas with me!” Damn! Very cool #Aquaman teaser that shows there’s a lot of action under water and on the surface
#Aquaman teaser focused on battle for the throne between Aquaman and his brother, played by Patrick Wilson. Teases a huge gladiator-like fight between the two. Quick pre-vis shot of Black Manta looked wicked and very similar to this
DblgQTjU8AEZpdz.jpg
Wilson’s character Ocean Master is the one who teases a massive battle on the surface, quoted above. Also saw shots of Aquaman and Mera on the surface, walking through a desert. Favorite Aquaman line was a response where he goes, “I bring the ass-whoopin!”