"Ant-Man and the Wasp" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm actually kind of curious if they'll explore more of why Scott threw-in with Cap like he did (beyond fanboying)...

Definitely sounds like we're getting more Giant-Man :D.

Also curious to see how much the Quantum Realm has effected Janet :ack:.

I am interested to see how they showcase Wasp fighting, since, as Reed mentions, she's got the flying but also her wasp stingers.

reflection01

Jul 16, 2005
Ratings
I'm actually kind of curious if they'll explore more of why Scott threw-in with Cap like he did (beyond fanboying)...

Definitely sounds like we're getting more Giant-Man :D.

Also curious to see how much the Quantum Realm has effected Janet :ack:.

I am interested to see how they showcase Wasp fighting, since, as Reed mentions, she's got the flying but also her wasp stingers.
Scott threw in with Cap to oppose Stark.

Kinda sucks that the first female led MCU film is a romcom but I get it.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
895 1
East Northport
I think we'll only get a second Infinity War trailer for the release of/AFTER Black Panther comes out as it would make the most sense to hype the next movie then.

Honestly the only main issue I had besides hammering in a bit too obviously about needing a partner with this trailer though is that it's acting like the last big event in Scott's live was Civil War even though this takes place after Infinity War unless time line wise this actually takes place BEFORE that movie which maybe they'll clear up in the actual movie (I hope they do) as it's confusing Hank and Hope are angry at Scott for putting them on the run... when they should be worried about post Thanos clean up. But eh that's an issue that if explained in the movie it can work as the rest of the trailer is solid. Honestly the comedy bits with shrinking the car and growing it and "oh guess you didn't have those weapons for me to use" "oh no I did" and the Hello Kitty pez dispenser were great and honestly I am glad we got a good focus on seeing how Hope fights in this movie and honestly the stuff with beating the guys and shrinking to avoid that twirling knife were cool. I am glad the focus is now on the two of them as a crime fighting duo since honestly I think Ant Man as a character works best as a team so hoping for better stuff then we got last movie which again I thought was okay but there was room for improvement and this certainly looks like it could do that.

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada
Ghost looks fantastic and I'm sure the humor and action will balanced in just the right way to make this a standout in the summer film season.

I'm really exciting to see more Wasp and Giant-Man plus I love seeing Civil War footage in this trailer like Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Here the trailer:
Looks like we're in for another fun, action-packed, caper film with Ant-Man and The Wasp :D.

I doubt Hope would've joined Scott on Team Cap. She probably would have tried to talk him out of it or just completely write him off since it wasn't their fight o_O.

Looks like Scott is on House Arrest for escaping custody but for helping out in Infinity War (I presume). At least it looks like he can still see Cassie :).

Seems the government is after Hank :eek:!

Bill Foster! And The Ghost :anime:.

Looks like we're getting even more size-changing hijinks this go-around :cool:.

Disappointed at the lack of Janet :(.

Wasp's stingers kind of feel a little "been there, done that" with Widow already having a very similar weapon. Ditto her hand-to-hand prowess :shrug:.

Though I love how Hank says he actually did give Scott access to that tech, he just never used it :p.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,524 28
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Ya know it feels a little surreal that we’re getting 3 MCU movies within 6 months.

And I always thought was weird how The Wasp has wings and stingers but Ant-Man doesn’t. I mean I guess it’s to make her more unique as Ant-Man does have the size changing disks, but it doesn’t seem practical that Ant-Man doesn’t have the same weapons.

Either way, this looks like it’ll be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.