1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime on Disney XD

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by theworldofkevinc, May 24, 2018.

1. theworldofkevinc

theworldofkevinc New Member

Do you think with lots of Disney XD's big shows moving to the Disney Channel, do you think their anime (Pokemon, Beyblade, and Yo-kai Watch) will follow suit?
    I personally don't think they will, as they are big for the channel, but expanding them to a bigger seen network would bring Disney more money, wouldn't it?

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope not. I don't think that shows like Pokemon, Beyblade and Yo-kai Watch would really fit on Disney Channel next to their original live action series. It would also probably make the channel feel kind of crowded if they used the original series from Disney XD, their regular live action series and their third party shows airing all on one channel.

Plus, Pokemon just moved to Disney XD over a year ago and they just got all of the older seasons available on their website and On Demand. Moving it again after such a short time on Disney XD would be kind of strange. It would be more easily available to people with basic cable again, but considering how successful Disney XD has been, I don't think moving to a digital cable channel will have a negative effect on the series. Even with their big shows moving to Disney Channel, I still hope that XD won't go the way of Nicktoons and Disney won't do anything with the channel.

3. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

I think it's clear that Disney XD is on its way out. If anything, Disney might keep these shows on there so that they have something first run on it in the United States.

4. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

Anime is almost all that Disney XD has left. I'd like to see them stay on the channel and maybe add a few more.

5. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Well-Known Member

You are in luck Jibanyan Guy! Because the third season of YOKAI WATCH IS COMING SOON....

...to Latin America. Im ultra happy because Disney XD LatAM LOVES Yokai Watch. They air it every five minutes.

6. LinusFan303

LinusFan303 A fan of Linus and Peppermint Patty

The un sure thing is that If Disney Channel did pick up Pokemon, Yo Kai Watch, and Beyblade Burst where would they put them? Disney XD has been very good to Pokemon compared to how CN treated it and Beyblade Burst it gets airings 7 days a week , mostly consistent premiere schedules and a lot of promos. Plus watch in the afternoons for repeats and party like you're watching Kids Wb in 2000. Disney Channel would be harder to squeeze it in with their own shows (then again they could replace some airings of Jessie with the anime shows ) but I am un confident Disney Channel would give as much TLC to the compared to XD.

Though, I would think that Yo Kai Watch could fit more content wise on Disney Channel because it's more slice of life and not as story , tune in to next time episode to see more the journey. Doraemon (sigh) could have worked on DC too.

Though would be interesting to see if maybe Disney Channel aired Pokemon/ Beyblade on the afternoon for a test trail how it would rate.The reason I think Disney moved their originally made animation to Disney Channel is because they now would prefer it to be on their flagship channel that for many people is on a lower cable tier than Disney XD in this age of cutting and what not . I don't think Disney XD dies.

Also, would love if Disney XD would pick up more anime, maybe they pay for a dub of a new Digimon series or something and maybe get rights to the older series to put on Disney Now.

7. Toons Fan

Toons Fan Member

Well, Disney Channel Asia airs Pokémon reruns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. theworldofkevinc

Well, the English dub for YW S3 has been confirmed for 2018, it's gonna feature a whole new cast too

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be pretty nice to see Disney XD airing Digimon. We haven't heard about a dub for Appmon, but I think that could fit nicely on Disney XD.

I still wish that they could get the rights to air the various Yu-Gi-Oh! series. They'd be airing Vrains, which I hate, instead of Arc V unfortunately, but at least they would be consistent with premieres and they'd make all of the other dub episodes widely available on their website and On Demand services. I don't think that's going to happen though. Despite Nicktoons treating both Zexal and Arc V like dirt, it sounds like they're going to air Vrains in the fall, which means it will be another series where they don't air every episode. Still, the idea of Disney XD airing new Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Digimon episodes sounds pretty awesome.

10. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away

Given the popularity of Monster Hunter World, Monster Hunster Ride On feels like a good fit.
    Though if we're being honest Disney XD is working on fumes at the moment, with things like Pokemon being their only real selling point.

So with that in mind I think Disney Channel proper can benefit from a few series here and there, namely Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card and Hugtto PreCure, assuming anyone decides to pick the latter up for a dub.

#10 AnotherRandomGuy, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  11. aegisrawks

Saban Brands is toast. So that means Hugtto Precure is safe from them. I would love seeing it on TV.

12. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away

It'd be nice to have a decent dub of a PreCure series for once, I'd like subs available for any other releases of it too

13. aegisrawks

God I really want a decent dub for the rest of the series too.

14. Vila

Vila Member

Apparently it premiered in France first, if I heard correctly. Most likely that US DXD will announce and star airing this summer since then the US will be behind. DXD LA has an SAP that features English programming when available. Sadly all DXD Latin American feeds are in SD only still. :/
    Oh, and their promos/bumpers/layout is sooo random XDXDXD-like

That's gonna take a bit at getting used to lol. Though it is nice how the Latin American Spanish is keeping its original voices with the only difference at being that it's gonna have two ADR directors instead of one.

15. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Other than the toyetic anime, I don't really see Disney XD expanding it's amount of anime programming due to a lack of shows that can be worked with.

16. Vaughn Max

Vaughn Max Well-Known Member

Some Disney Channel's around the world air anime. Disney Channel Asia airs Pokemon and Disney Channel India airs Doraemon even though they spam it all day. I don't know about any other ones

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

17. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user & Cartoon analyst

Leave the anime to Disney XD. Disney Channel has never been big on anime.

18. Vaughn Max

Vaughn Max Well-Known Member

It should be on Disney Channel because then not everyone will get to see it

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

19. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user & Cartoon analyst

So what if they don't get Disney XD? They should be able to get DisneyNOW which is basically all three channels combined.

20. theworldofkevinc

Well considering Yu-Gi-Oh, that's done by Crunchyroll now so if there's a dub it might be funimation

Also I introduced myself in a different forum, but no one noticed. My name is Kevin and I'm a big Pokemon fan who runs a channel called "The World of Kevin C!". I'm new here and if anyone knows the best forums I hope you could point me in the right direction.