Animaniacs is on Netflix (not an April Fools joke)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,173 36 1
Austin, Texas
Aw cool its nice to see Netflix stream Animaniacs :), hope this isn't an April Fools thing for today, because I would surely like to waste this whole weekend seeing Animaniacs again.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,895 41
Aww yeah... Life is so good right now.

Also, these copies seem to be using the same masters as iTunes/Amazon, meaning this doesn't have the oversaturation and audio issues some of seasons 4 and 5 respectively had on the DVD.

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
675 4
mattdeanart.com
...And now it's off. :(

I had it on My List and I was intending to binge it in the future, but it wasn't until I saw Toon4Thought's profile post that I learned it was taken off in the first place. Whose bright idea was that? Anyone know what could have lead to this?

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,895 41
...And now it's off. :(

I had it on My List and I was intending to binge it in the future, but it wasn't until I saw Toon4Thought's profile post that I learned it was taken off in the first place. Whose bright idea was that? Anyone know what could have lead to this?
My best guess is they didn't renew the lease; maybe it was just a single 18-month deal or something. Who knows, really.

Regardless, interesting that it both came and went without any notice. Granted, I did see this coming a little bit in advance, but only because my Roku's Netflix app said "Expires 10/1/17" for it.

Now I just have to find a different way to get copies of at least some of the episodes. The DVDs are much more affordable, but they aren't as portable and volume 4 has those oversaturation and left-channel only issues on certain episodes... It's hard to find a definitively good way.

wiley207

Jan 20, 2009
Ratings
USA
Maybe they're going to put "Animaniacs" on the Boomerang streaming service? That would make sense, since WB co-operates it. And they already have the 1994 "Scooby-Doo in Arabian Nights" TV movie up, which is a lot like "Animaniacs" (but not as good.)

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
133 11
Ohio
Maybe they're going to put "Animaniacs" on the Boomerang streaming service? That would make sense, since WB co-operates it. And they already have the 1994 "Scooby-Doo in Arabian Nights" TV movie up, which is a lot like "Animaniacs" (but not as good.)
Perhaps they're preparing to put all the Spielberg/WB shows on Boomerang.

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,895 41
Part of me doubt this, since as of now they don't have any 90s WBTA shows (or even many WB non-Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, and Tom and Jerry Shows in general, actually), but it's a possibility.