Animaniacs (2020) News & Discussion Thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,023 8
Wellsley Wild going from a show like Family Guy to Animaniacs isn't too surprising given that there is a good track record for people transitioning from adult shows to kids shows and family movies. For example, Rich Moore was a director for shows like The Simpsons and Futurama before moving into family films like Wreck It Ralph and Zootopia. On the tv front, Eric Rogers has done a good job transitioning from shows like Futurama and Brickleberry to shows like Littlest Pet Shop (2012) and Skylanders Academy.

Jan 31, 2010
Ratings
331 3
Laredo, TX
And it's not just the only time a crew member from FG went on to work for a kids cartoon afterwards (Bob Bowen and Jim Bernstein is working with Poenmire's current show Milo Murphy's Law).

I'm sure Wild will do the show justice, regardless of his FG scripts (imo, he ain't a bad writer besides writing Seashell Seahorse Party and Call Girl). Shame that the original writers weren't asked to return, but I hadn't seen the original series so I will watch the whole series to get prepare for it.

Yum

Dec 29, 2016
Ratings
Pennsylvania, USA
hooplastudios.blogspot.com
Though it’s not a good sign at all that Ruegger’s not returning, given our track of reboots failing to be as good as the original, I’m not concerned about shock humor.
How “shocking” can shock humor be if the show is made for families? It’s not like Family Guy where the show can get away with a lot because it’s meant for adults. Hulu’s censors will ensure that they won’t do anything more inappropriate that they couldn’t get away with before in the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But, how do you think Wellsley Wild will do on the show?

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ratings
130 11
Ohio
I think having Animaniacs on Hulu is short-sighted now that two of Boomerang's shows, Bunnicula and New Looney Tunes, are ending after three seasons, and one of the prospective replacements is landing on a rival streaming service instead, which unlike Boomerang isn't commercial-free for everyone - you have to pay a little extra to get the commercial-free plan, and even then not all shows have this benefit, especially with the live TV plan (a number of networks, CBS and The CW included, include commercials in all their shows).

I think that if the AT&T-Time Warner deal goes through, the new bosses at AT&T will recognize this, sack the people who negotiated the deal to put the Spielberg/WB shows on Hulu (which is now practically a Disney subsidiary), pull the shows from Hulu, and put them (including the Animaniacs reboot) on Boomerang - why put more money in Disney's pocket when it's more practical to put it in your own?

Aug 1, 2016
Ratings
The music was amazing, although the animation never bowled me over as much as some people.
do you notice that all spielberg series(tiny toons,animaniacs) produced by tom ruegger has chuck jones s style(even stories)
in the 90s, 2000s cartoon network showed all chuck jones wb cartoons,friz freleng,robert mckminson(all 50s wb cartoons) ,tex avery mgm cartoons and 40s and 50s tom and jerry

Yum

Dec 29, 2016
Ratings
Pennsylvania, USA
hooplastudios.blogspot.com
OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GOD!!! THANK YOU WB EXECUTIVES!!! THANK EVERYBODY THAT JESSICA BORUTSKI GOT HIRED ON HER CHILDHOOD SHOW!!! SHE EARNED IT!! I'VE BEEN SAYING SHE'S EXACTLY WHAT THE SHOW NEEDS AND SHE GOT ON BOARD!!! I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPIER!!!

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
668 4
mattdeanart.com
Jessica Borutski will be a director for newer Animaniacs.
Jessica Borutski is a stellar character designer (her initial Looney Tunes Show redesigns are a testament to this) so I'm very glad that she's on board and that she continues to get work at WB Animation (put that in your pipe and smoke it, Amid).

Hopefully the show will have a competent animation style to match. I don't think the Toon Boom look and feel of a show like Bunnicula, which Borutski also worked on, would translate well to a series like Animaniacs.

Last edited: