Amblin and WB in early talks for Animaniacs reboot

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by cristian12345678, May 30, 2017.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Wellsley Wild going from a show like Family Guy to Animaniacs isn't too surprising given that there is a good track record for people transitioning from adult shows to kids shows and family movies. For example, Rich Moore was a director for shows like The Simpsons and Futurama before moving into family films like Wreck It Ralph and Zootopia. On the tv front, Eric Rogers has done a good job transitioning from shows like Futurama and Brickleberry to shows like Littlest Pet Shop (2012) and Skylanders Academy.

2. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, Dan Povenmire worked on Family Guy before co-creating Phineas and Ferb

3. SweetShop209

Except that Dan worked on other kids shows before Family Guy, those being Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, and SpongeBob, so he had experience. Though as I mentioned above, I think Wellsley Wild can still do good work

4. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

And it's not just the only time a crew member from FG went on to work for a kids cartoon afterwards (Bob Bowen and Jim Bernstein is working with Poenmire's current show Milo Murphy's Law).

I'm sure Wild will do the show justice, regardless of his FG scripts (imo, he ain't a bad writer besides writing Seashell Seahorse Party and Call Girl). Shame that the original writers weren't asked to return, but I hadn't seen the original series so I will watch the whole series to get prepare for it.

5. Yum

Yum Active Member

But, how do you think Wellsley Wild will do on the show?

6. PF9

PF9 Active Member

I think having Animaniacs on Hulu is short-sighted now that two of Boomerang's shows, Bunnicula and New Looney Tunes, are ending after three seasons, and one of the prospective replacements is landing on a rival streaming service instead, which unlike Boomerang isn't commercial-free for everyone - you have to pay a little extra to get the commercial-free plan, and even then not all shows have this benefit, especially with the live TV plan (a number of networks, CBS and The CW included, include commercials in all their shows).

I think that if the AT&T-Time Warner deal goes through, the new bosses at AT&T will recognize this, sack the people who negotiated the deal to put the Spielberg/WB shows on Hulu (which is now practically a Disney subsidiary), pull the shows from Hulu, and put them (including the Animaniacs reboot) on Boomerang - why put more money in Disney's pocket when it's more practical to put it in your own?

7. Chocolate Fizzles

Chocolate Fizzles The Daffiest Duck

They should stick with the original and don't ruin anything from the original.

8. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

DON'T JINX IT

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for May Spring

Remembered this as a college kid. Hope they will not jinx it or fans could be in an uproar.

10. cristian12345678

what do you mean dont jinx it?it had the same humor vibe as "the new looney tunes" and "regular show" the only
    remarkable thing
    was the music and the animation quality

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #130 cristian12345678, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  11. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The music was amazing, although the animation never bowled me over as much as some people.

12. cristian12345678

do you notice that all spielberg series(tiny toons,animaniacs) produced by tom ruegger has chuck jones s style(even stories)
    in the 90s, 2000s cartoon network showed all chuck jones wb cartoons,friz freleng,robert mckminson(all 50s wb cartoons) ,tex avery mgm cartoons and 40s and 50s tom and jerry

• Like Like x 1
  13. Milofan30

Milofan30 Member

I wonder why the staff isn't being asked to return? Is Yakko's VA coming back? Please tell me he is : (

14. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I thought they already announced that the original VAs are coming back.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jessica Borutski will be a director for newer Animaniacs.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Well-Known Member

Humor me, what's so special about this show again? I may get a few chuckles but I can live without it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

17. Yum

Yum Active Member

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GOD!!! THANK YOU WB EXECUTIVES!!! THANK EVERYBODY THAT JESSICA BORUTSKI GOT HIRED ON HER CHILDHOOD SHOW!!! SHE EARNED IT!! I'VE BEEN SAYING SHE'S EXACTLY WHAT THE SHOW NEEDS AND SHE GOT ON BOARD!!! I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPIER!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. SweetShop209

I'd say it's mix of social commentary combined with how much of pushes the envelope, which is why it's a hit with others beyond the target demographic.

19. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 Well-Known Member

The visuals makes it hard to concentrate on anything else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Jessica Borutski is a stellar character designer (her initial Looney Tunes Show redesigns are a testament to this) so I'm very glad that she's on board and that she continues to get work at WB Animation (put that in your pipe and smoke it, Amid).

Hopefully the show will have a competent animation style to match. I don't think the Toon Boom look and feel of a show like Bunnicula, which Borutski also worked on, would translate well to a series like Animaniacs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #140 DeanBurrito25, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018