Amblin and WB in early talks for Animaniacs reboot

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by cristian12345678, May 30, 2017.

1. cristian12345678

but i think it wont be like south park
    or family guy because its more adult(satire) and the target for animaniacs reboot and the original its family that means all ages .i thing it would be like the brando baloon,or jerry lewis over the top character(the director) stuff like that(parody)

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if they’ll poke fun of modern cartoon and its fan base. I’d love if they make fun of Family Guy or Steven Universe or Adventure Time, or anime, and CG animated films.

I hope Slappy Squirrel comes back, she was my fav segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rabbitearsblog

Rabbitearsblog Well-Known Member

Oooh! I would love it if they made fun of Spongebob, Loud House, Regular Show and Star vs. the Forces of Evil!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

This is cool, but I wonder why they chose Hulu instead of the Boomerang streaming service that they set up or Cartoon Network even.

Maybe Hulu could afford a bigger budget for a higher production quality?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AnimaniacNutso

AnimaniacNutso Well-Known Member

Honestly, I am glad Animaniacs is a streaming show rather than a network show. Here's why

If it was on Nickelodeon, it would probably get sent to Nicktoons like many acquisitions did

If it was on Cartoon Network, They would most likely treat it just as well as something like Sonic Boom and Justice League Action

And I just don't really think it belongs on any Disney networks honestly.

I think streaming is the perfect place for Animaniacs. People can watch it at their leisure instead of forcing themselves to watch it at a specific time. That's what I love about streaming.

As for Animaniacs getting a reboot, I am all for it. I love Animaniacs and I would love to see them poke fun at various different things. While shows like The Amazing World of Gumball and Robot Chicken are great at satire, there's just something amazing, magical, and brilliant about Animaniacs when they did their satire. I would also love for the show to have new segments and characters, as it would keep the show fresh and have a new, fresh take on Animaniacs since it is a reboot if i'm not mistaken. I would also love for the reboot to still have those educational and historical segments. I am a history buff, so seeing people like Albert Einstein, Beethoven, and Picasso was awesome, as well as stuff like World War 2. And the States and Capitals and Presidents Song helped me in school. Despite not being an educational show, Animaniacs was one of the best shows at education honestly. Right up there with classics like Sesame Street, Schoolhouse Rock, Blue's Clues, and Out of the Box, just to name a few. Animaniacs is definitely, without a doubt, my favorite 90s show and I hope the reboot turns out wonderful. Honestly, i'm not as hard on revivals as many people seem to be. I actually enjoy them and I love that they introduce these shows for a new audience. So far, my favorite revival is DuckTales (and Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie is TV Movies count) and I have a feeling that Animaniacs will be a great revival. I don't want to be too optimistic, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. At the very least, I think I will enjoy the reboot (Seeing as how I actually don't mind The Powerpuff Girls reboot)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Pinky and the Brain aired on Disney XD from 2007-10

7. cristian12345678

sorry one question ,sorry if i sound rude or disrepectful in previous commentaries but i want to ask:
    in my country(argentina)(latinamerica) they currently shows animaniacs,pinky and the brain and freakazoid on tooncast and in 2016 and 2017 they showed the complete series of animaniacs, freakzoid and pinky and the brain
    that means that the reboot wil be shown on boomerang on 2020?

8. Classic Speedy

Classic Speedy What the... [QUACK!]
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Thought of something else. Besides the animation, another thing they absolutely need in this reboot is a scene-specific orchestral score. Not synthesized, not twenty series-level BGMs recycled over and over, a full score. If they can't get that together, that's already a big strike against it.

It's not impossible, of course. Richard Stone is dead but the rest of the composers from the old series are still with us, and they could always bring in new talent who are well-versed in the Looney Tunes music style.

9. Rabbitearsblog

I also agree that having Animaniacs being streamed is the best course for this reboot. If it had aired on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network, both networks probably would have cancelled the show before it had a chance to really become popular with the modern audience.

10. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Looks like Tom Ruegger hasn’t been contacted about it, though his son is trying to figure out how to get him on board. No idea if he’ll be successful or not, though.

At least some of the original cast might be returning, though. Maurice LaMarche tweeted this. Rob Paulsen also retweeted another tweet LaMarche posted about the news.

Jess Harnell tweeted this:

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is a nice surprise. I knew that they were talking about a reboot, but I didn't think that we'd already get a confirmed announcement about it already. Even though it won't be released for another couple of years, that is a bit surprising. I'm also surprised that it's going to Hulu. I would have thought that it would go to Netflix, especially when I've heard of more Netflix exclusive series lately than anything for Hulu.

Still, I figured it wouldn't air on TV. I couldn't see any of the major kid channels to be interested in this series and the reboot might be more appealing to fans of the original series more so than kids. I do remember enjoying Animaniacs when I was little and it's one of the few cartoon series that my Dad really loves too. I actually heard about it from him last night and I'm sure that he'll be watching it when the series premieres. I hope that it will be good. The fact that they're trying to get the same creative team back to work on the show is promising.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The fact that Tom Ruegger isn't involve, or Paul Rugg from what I've heard, has me concerned.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Rabbitearsblog

I feel the same way. I probably would have been more positive about this if the original writers and creators were working on this reboot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. cristian12345678

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

Ack. I'm sorry, Tom and co.. Well, they'll be forced to call Sherri unless they want to recast or leave out Slappy, entirely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frank Coufal

Frank Coufal Member

They haven't even announced any more details or news yet. Besides, there have been talks in getting Ruegger on board, and maybe most of the original writers and voice cast. Plus, the show doesn't premiere until 2020. Who knows? Maybe there is still a chance they can invite the original writers to participate in this.

17. Joey392

Joey392 New Member

That really is the plus side. It's still way too early to jump to conclusions. However, the fact that the voice actors knew ahead of time, while the writers don't seem to have, is still worrisome. The new show has Spielberg, which is great news, but it also has Sam Register. The same guy that brought us such classics as Teen Titans Go, Wabbit, and The Tom and Jerry Show.

If they decide to go the route of a brand new team, it'll take something short of a miracle for Spielberg to shut down any cheap animation (though the original show did have Akom and Freelance), synthesized music, and flat out lifelessness of the show.

But, again, like you said, they haven't announced any more details, so here's to hoping.

18. Yum

Yum Active Member

I'm kinda excited yet sort of sad at the same time; while I'm glad the show is returning, it's not returning the way I wanted it to.

For one thing, I wanted to incorporate internet talent like Doug Walker to supervise the writing on the show, and have Joanna Davidovich to supervise animation, to preserve the original show's quality in the 21st century. I wanted Scott Bradlee of YouTube to compose the show's soundtrack. I also wanted to incorporate many guest animators like Vivziepop and Harry Partridge to reinterpret the characters in all new shorts to demonstrate the wealth of variety in today's animation landscape, so it's sort of like a shorts compilation.

I wanted the show to take the SEGA route and incorporate actual fans of the show into production on a new one similar to Sonic Mania. That's why I'm sort of disappointed. I also had a few ideas for a few shorts, wanted to expand Minerva Mink's role beyond the snobby girl who goes crazy over a beefcake, and actually do a sad story with the Warners.

19. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Here's a question from a relatively impartial observer (didn't like the show, didn't usually outright hate it): Does it even NEED to be a reboot? The original series was so freaking meta that I would think they would gain a lot of new material to say the Warners have been locked in their tower since 1998 (or whenever the last new episode was). One of the series biggest shticks (and one I didn't particularly approve of) is that the characters know they are fictional, and that the situations aren't real-life, and just a TV show. It strikes me as not only unnecessary to ignore the original series, but perhaps counterproductive to the entire meta premise.

20. Rabbitearsblog

I also wondered why do we even need a reboot for Animaniacs? What happens if it came out like Wabbit for Looney Tunes (although I honestly don't have an opinion on that show since I've never seen the show, but I've heard lots of mixed things about that show) or as someone pointed out, might become something like Teen Titans Go?