Amazon orders Invincible animated series

Discussion in 'Streamtopia - Online Animation Discussion' started by PapaGreg, Jun 19, 2018.

1. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

For those who don't know Invincible is a comic book series by Robert Kirkman(Walking Dead) that just ended and its personally one of my favorite comic series. I'm not going to go into detail whats its about but imagine a superhero series where the status quo is basically not a thing and death is permanent for characters, its a pretty good book imo

https://nerdist.com/robert-kirkman-invicible-tv-series-animated-amazon/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Not really a fan of the Invincible comics but I do commend the twists and turns they had, as well as actually telling stories with certain topics and not just using them for shock value. I'm especially looking forward to this being an animated adaptation, since this would be an adult animated show that's actually not a comedy... though Seth Rogan's involvement as a writer does make me dismay.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, I feel like if this cartoon is able to do the comic justice then we might have something that could really shake things up for both Superhero cartoons and animation as a whole.

I'm curious if they'll go for an adaption that faithfully adapts everything form the comic, particularly now that it has finished it's run, or if they'll condense or re-arrange things to some degree. I figure with eight one-hour episodes that the first season will probably cover up to the first big turning point of the series.

I'm also curious what the voice cast will look like. Will we see them go for TV stars or recognizable names for the cast, or actual voice actors for the roles?

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It’s great to see a non-DC / Marvel Superhero comic series get an adaptation. I’ve never read the series, so I don’t know what to expect, but I hope it’s good.
    Each episode is an hour long? The last time I remember that happening for a cartoon was the New Scooby Doo Movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

It's pretty violent and generally uncomfortable through out, but it's to serve a greater purpose as a commentary on superhero trends which this show either breaks or actually tells story with.

6. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

I do kinda hope they change a few things in the adaption not to say I don't like the comic but there are a few things that could be ironed out.

Also who knows maybe we can get some more animated Image IPs like Saga, East of West, Luthor Strode, and Chew(which has been in development hell since like 2015)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Don't blink, you'll miss it.

Oh cool. I read a little of Invincible a few years back, though I lost track of it. I'll give this a look.

I would really like to see Saga and Chew get animated, especially Chew.

• Like Like x 2