Adult Swim Jr

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Cosmo, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I think most people will be very positively surprised how much legit it will be.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. sasq

sasq Active Member

How do you know?

3. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

I have a better hypothesis on this [adult swim] Jr. rumor. For their 2018 April Fool's joke, [adult swim] would replace what they would have scheduled on that day at midnight with a surprise sneak peek of the block! At the end, the real date for [as] Jr.'s debut will be revealed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The whole name of this supposed block still throws me off. Adult Swim Jr. just does not roll off the tongue. If it is real, then they'll probably go with a different name. I can kind of see the appeal behind a block like this in that it could help Cartoon Network lead into Adult Swim. I'm not sure if they really need to do that at this point, but doing that was a bit easier when Cartoon Network still had the 8AM hour and had a better schedule too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Very Real Satan

Very Real Satan New Member

I know it's an odd comparison but I expect the name to just be the project name like that game, Project Octopath Traveller.

6. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

They were interested in that strategy not too long ago, and it's partly the reason why CN Originals from 2010 through 2014 were all TV-PG. Regular Show was originally meant to purposely attract an adult audience and lead into AS. So was MAD, but that was less successful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Well-Known Member

If this block is real, could there be a chance that this could lead to this ASjr block having TV-PG/TV-14 action shows on Saturday nights as a lead-in to Toonami?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Maybe there will be a chance for that.

9. JPReckless2444

JPReckless2444 [reckless]

I think the name is a small lowkey jab at Nick Jr. lol.

Seriously, I thought this could all be a joke, especially when all this comes to fruition in Spring & April Fools is part of Spring. When I started looking at videos discussing this potential block/channel/streaming service whatever, this could possibly be real.

Imo, if [as] Jr. is a new network, it should replace Boomerang, or just a counterpart block on Boomerang. Boomerang is just a channel on G4TV-like life support at this moment. Might as well make Boomerang a streaming service at this point.

If it's just a block, then I'm OK with that as well. Alot of people thought The Splat was going to be a separate channel when it was just going to replace 90AAT on Teennick, so I wouldn't jump the gun on [as] Jr. just yet until we get more clarification.

TBS has aquired a lot of animated shows for the network, so it's make sense to premiere them on an animated block once a week. [as] Jr. could be that answer. [adult swim] in general has become quite successful these past years with the return of Toonami, The success of Rick & Morty, Samurai Jack, and the move to 8pm. I'm not shocked that they might take a risk to expand their horizons. I know Toonami didn't have much success airing on two networks before, but I think [as] Jr. could do well on TBS while [as] continues to airs on CN. They can get away with a lot more on TBS.

As far on what could air. They can mix a lot of old & new stuff here and there. With the whole Galatic KND rumor back, like I said before. I wouldn't get my hopes up until we get more info on [as] Jr. as the time passes.

I don't think [as] would joke about this. It would be kinda cruel if all this hype was all for nothing. I'm guessing we have to wait until April 1st, since that's [as] big day every year, then again they might not even bring [as] Jr. up on that day, that might be the joke.

They have people talking, so it would be stupid not to make most of this Adult Swim Jr. hype.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #89 JPReckless2444, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  10. bart_simpson7

bart_simpson7 Member

Yep it’s sure a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. sasq

sasq Active Member

I think @Checkerboard might have visited Turner Europe and then confused a new Cartoonito feed with AS Jr. because of the name, also Cartoonito Italy rebranded a while ago.

12. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

It's 2018 and no news.

13. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

The bumper said "Coming Spring 2018". Spring doesn't even start until March.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. RandomMe

And April 1st falls during Spring. This year said sate falls on a Sunday which means that they should announce it at the stroke of midnight. Sort of like when Toonami awoke from hiatus six years ago.

15. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

So although I haven't seen it myself, a friend I trust not to lie about stuff like this said he saw a Twitter question bump tonight where someone asked "WHERE IS ADULT SWIM JR??" and they responded "Patience." Take that as you will.

16. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

Apparently there was another one tonight. The plot thickens.

• Like Like x 2
  17. JaredCap43™

JaredCap43™ Forever, Fight as One!

Wait, WHAT?!?!? They got rid of the mascots?

18. sasq

sasq Active Member

19. RandomMe

This wait for AS Jr. is getting more and more interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Francisque

Francisque Well-Known Member

It's obviously fake.. Adult Swim Jr as a concept would be very weird

• Funny Funny x 1