Adult Swim Jr

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Cosmo, Nov 26, 2017.

1. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

I think that is probably just isn't the name, the Adult Swim Jr. icon was just indicating that they are the ones making it, not CN. So to them it is in fact adult swim jr., but it will probably have a catchier name, like it being Toonami vs Anime on Adult Swim.

2. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Well-Known Member

The thing about the ads makes me wonder, would they promote other AS shows on this block? Maybe Toonami and the Fox reruns, and possibly Rick and Morty, but I cant see ads for stuff like The Jellies here.

3. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

They might not be able to do so, as technically they aren't allowed to. Like, let's get serious, teens watch Adult Swim, even though they aren't suppose to, we all know that. But they aren't allowed to market Adult Swim to teens because this is "content that is too mature for them." Thus, they may not be able to advertise in a teen block these shows. Dumb rules, but could easily stop them.

4. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

This bump came all the way from September and I'm surprised at all the buzz it's been getting all over Adult Swim related forums (I wonder how the Adult Swim boards themselves would have dealt with this.) It seems like an even split between believers and skeptics, but most believers are sure that the block will be a teen block and the "jr" name isn't indicating something else or isn't a red herring.

5. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

Another weird idea is what if Adult Swim is just doing another version of their "classic night" but now in like a block or something. If they were only airing old Adult Swim shows that would be Adult Swim Jr. Also, it's interesting that the bump came out around the time of the anniversary airings, meaning that this could be a further extension of that. Plus, it wouldn't be that crazy if Adult Swim had an hour or so block dedicated to old stuff.

6. M622

M622 Member

No, they pretty much have their streams and stuff for air old shows. If they want to do a classic night, they should do a classic night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

I think some time ago they decided they didn't want a classic night. So they might consider doing a block instead. Plus, there aren't streams for the Brak Show or Sealab 2021 just to name a few old shows.

8. M622

M622 Member

yeah, but episodes of those shows are easily avalible on adult swim.com, besides i want a block for teenagers personally.

9. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

Oh I'm not saying I would prefer this at all, I'm with you, I want the teenage block, 100%. But my idea was to think of a way Adult Swim Jr. could be real, but it not be a crazy new thing, which, in other words, could be more logical or likely. Like if someone wanted a teenage block with new shows and everything, that is a very serious corporate discussion. But, if the goal is a classics style block, Adult Swim could do whatever they want in that regard you know?

10. sasq

sasq Active Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

Them initially calling it Adult Swim Jr., even if that isn't the final name, tells me it is just an Adult Swim property. So it would be something like toonami's site most likely: adultswim.com/jr

12. M622

M622 Member

or its maybe theyll reguster it just before announcement. perhaps in january.

13. M622

M622 Member

why do you think thay way? are you skeptical of it being real?

14. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

Oh I personally think it might actually be real, I am just supplying other possibilities. There is nothing wrong with having other ideas in case it isn't a teenage block haha.

15. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

"Adult Swim Jr" is an oxymoron. "Teenage Swim" would make more sense.

16. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

When you think of a block with the word jr in the name Nick Jr comes to mind. That doesn't mesh well with a hypothetical teen block. A mystery if it's a joke or something else is still in place.

17. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

You probably didn't like Sheep in the Big City.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. JaredCap43™

JaredCap43™ Forever, Fight as One!

If AS Jr. was around in 2005, it'd probably have stuff like Shin Chan (the Fox Kids UK/AU dub that was pitched but was found to be too "childish", not the parody dub) and Sunday Pants, which would be more mature than an average TV-Y7 cartoon, but aren't as mature as the other Adult Swim shows. We sort of had an Adult Swim Jr. back in 2006, in which an action show targeted towards children actually aired at the tail end on Adult Swim, such as Mr. T, Gigantor, and Voltron. If Shin Chan actually aired on CN US, it wouldn't last more than a year outside of the late Friday Night death zone (11:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.), which was the same fate that HACK suffered from

19. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

See ideally I would want it to be a place for American story and action driven type shows, or for older shows from the 90s and 00s that pushed the envelope and might not fit as well now. So like a sample block could be Infinity Train at 8, old Teen Titans at 8:30, Steven Universe at 9:00, and Courage the Cowardly Dog 9:30. Eventually, it would be great to have more new shows, but I only inserted one that we think might be coming to CN anyways. So, ideally you could have 2-3 new shows for the block itself, and then 1-2 older shows for the reasons I stated earlier. Prior to this though, they need to do a lot of advertising though, like if you want this to get to the success it has the potential of reaching, people need to know about it.

20. wammyguide

wammyguide Member

Surprised no one mentioned the sound of children cheering at the end of the bumper.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1