Adult Swim Jr

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Cosmo, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo New Poster. Old Lurker.

I didn't see a thread on this so I made one.

If you don't know what Adult Swim Jr is, check this out:

It seems like something that could be Adult Swim just screwing around but at the same time it does seem like there is something real going on. This blog may have something to do with what this really is: https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2017/09/work-around-town.html

In case of any updates or just learning that this was a joke all along, here is this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

This really is an interesting point that has come up in a few places. That blog post has especially sparked a lot of questions in the past few days. It could be "a whole big nothing," but stranger things have happened. I will say that I find it odd that this video is the only recording of that bump. For something that could potential significantly impact Adult Swim, I would have expected multiple copies of the bump, if not at least an HD version.

3. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

It's obviously a joke bump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Truth is sometimes stranger than ficition. I'll say that much...

5. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Is this an April Fools' Day prank outside of April 1st?

6. Commander Beeper

Commander Beeper Watchdog

I think it's AS setting up their NEXT April Fool's Day joke months in advance. April falls in Spring, you know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. jaylop97

jaylop97 Nickelodeon Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There wouldn't be much of a reason to see a Jr version, it might be just an April fools joke.

8. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Now it is certainly possible it's a joke bumper, it would fall in line with AS's sense of humor. Here's the thing, remember this list?
    http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.bl...omment=1511502583227&m=1#c2426841596472103460

Infinity Train, Victor & Valentino, and Tiggly Winks are all listed there and those certainly aren't the kind of shows AS airs, at least not in it's current state. Now granted that list could just mean they're being animated by William Street, but the possibility is still there for something different in mind.

There was a rumor floating around that part of the reason for CN's...um, let's say less than stellar schedule, was that they wanted to aim for a younger demographic again, and their current greenlite list supports this. And while those pilots were heavily praised and supported, they wouldn't exactly fit that mold, I purpose this is them trying to have their cake and eat it by greenliting those series but not putting them on the daytime network, but not exactly putting them in the AS hours either.

Let's be honest, AS really hasn't been doing much with it's early hours outside of being the Fox leftover super show and this would be a good way to transition from the daytime network to the night.

There's also CN's current leaning towards digital platforms, which this proposed AS jr. could fit rather easily into.

All this is speculation on my part, but the pieces are still there and they fit pretty well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. element

element Member

This was briefly touched upon here.
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/new-cartoon-network-pilots.5569672/page-11#post-85830872

I won't be surprised if Infinity Train, VV and Tiggly Winks end up on this new thing, if it isn't a joke.

There was a discussion about this on the Adult Swim subreddit, there were even some variations to the bumper apparently.

10. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

Even if it ends up being a joke, it appears that a lot of people are at least taking it seriously in terms of discussing what it exactly it may be.

Example:

It's also funny that even in this video, the only actual recording of that bump is the one above.

11. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Well-Known Member

If this AS jr is at 8 o clock (which is where it would likely be), it would basically be just giving CN the 8 o clock hour back, only with different branding, sounds like a waste to me.

12. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

If this is real though, it seems like it is CN but more for teenagers. What this could mean is that there will be a designated time for more serialized and linear shows, which normally don't appear on CN, although are the shows we very great young adult/adult fandoms.

13. Toonami1997

Toonami1997 New Member

I think that this will be real (I am the person who uploaded the video so i though it was fake) but with a name change.

14. The Watcher

The Watcher Member

If this is actually real, I really do hope they at least change the name to something like Teen Toon or Toon Teen. I don't really see "Adult Swim" and "Junior" mixing well. I mean Boomerang was essentially an archive channel for old CN programming, but you don't hear people calling it Cartoon Network Retro.

15. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

On one hand, the name of this block is nonsense. Adult Swim Jr...so Cartoon Network?

But I'm kinda excited if it is real. It seems like an appropriate place for Bravest Warriors to air since Frederator is selling it to television (Teletoon has already picked it up for their main lineup, but they've always pushed the envelope a little more since they're in Canada).

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. coolkevin54

coolkevin54 Member

Bravest Warriors would be great to see on CN! Even if this is fake I feel like it could do really well if it aired on Adult Swim. It can't hurt!

17. RandomMe

I might agree with that. Though I still don't know if it should have room on either daypart of CN. Maybe as a buffer zone between CN and AS.

18. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

This Reddit post (language warning since it is Reddit) suggests that there are actually three different "teaser" bumps for Adult Swim Jr. that people have seen. I don't think they'd go to all this trouble for a joke.

I may be overexciting myself here, but...man, Adult Swim Jr. logically sounds like it's targeting 12-17, and that's the kind of block we needed back in the early-to-mid-2000s for shows like Case Closed, IGPX, Kekkaishi, Rurouni Kenshin, and Yu Yu Hakusho.

I imagine Regular Show would have also had a nice home on a 12-17 block as well and would probably still be running unedited repeats on said block.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. PicardMan

PicardMan Member

This news is surprising and confounding as to what this is. If it is an anime block, it would be the perfect place to put Dragonball Super and Black Clover, maybe giving more than one new episode a week for each show. If it is where continuations of Cartoon Network shows, like Kids Next Door, would go, that would also be great. Still Adult Swim Jr. sounds like such as oxymoronic name. Why does everyone assume it's a teen block when it could be something completely different. What is Adult Swim Jr?

20. RandomMe

The "Jr." refers to the potential teen target of the possible block.