ABC Airing Primetime Mickey Mouse Special November 4

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,839 40
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
To celebrate Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday, ABC has set a 2-hour special for November 4 at 8 P.M titled Mickey’s 90th Spectacular. It will feature musical performances, tributes, and never before seen short films along with star stars from TV, film, and music. Performances and special appearances will be announced soon. It will be produced and directed by Don Mischer.
Mickey Mouse Primetime Special Set On ABC With Don Mischer Producing – TCA

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,013 8
To celebrate Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday, ABC has set a 2-hour special for November 4 at 8 P.M titled Mickey’s 90th Spectacular. It will feature musical performances, tributes, and never before seen short films along with star stars from TV, film, and music. Performances and special appearances will be announced soon. It will be produced and directed by Don Mischer.
Mickey Mouse Primetime Special Set On ABC With Don Mischer Producing – TCA
I figured something like this would've aired on November 18, but it's at least airing in the same month.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
I remember when Mickey turned 75 and they pretty much swept the milestone under the rug, out of fear that kids might think he was "old" and therefore unhip.
They did have "A Merry Mickey Celebration" back in '03. I can't find it on YouTube. They also had an exhibit with various celebrities doing artsy interpretations of Mickey. Janet Jackson's had to be removed after Nipplegate tainted her image.
But yeah, they seem to be going all out for Mickey's 90th. A shame I won't be there for the Mouse Party.

TsWade2

Apr 5, 2015
Ratings
295 5
Either they think the older shorts are politically incorrect, or they can't legally air them for some reason.
It's possible that they might show shorts that Mickey is famous for like Steamboat Willie, The Band Concert, The Sorcerer's Apprentice from Fantasia, Mickey's Christmas Carol, and of course, Get A Horse.
They did have "A Merry Mickey Celebration" back in '03. I can't find it on YouTube. They also had an exhibit with various celebrities doing artsy interpretations of Mickey. Janet Jackson's had to be removed after Nipplegate tainted her image.
But yeah, they seem to be going all out for Mickey's 90th. A shame I won't be there for the Mouse Party.
Well, if you ask me, I've maybe jumping to conclusions here, but the reason they haven't done any specials of Mickey Mouse since 2003, because Disney treated Hannah Montana as a mascot than Mickey Mouse. They stop airing old shorts and House of Mouse and put Mickey and friends on Disney Junior AKA Playhouse Disney, because teenagers love Hannah Montana than Mickey. That is until Mickey reached his 85th birthday that Paul Rudish is a hero to get Mickey and friends out of Disney Junior (more or less) and made new shorts as a mini series on Disney Channel. Plus, WDAS created a 2D/3D short called Get A Horse accompanied by Frozen. Anyway, it's about time they decided to give him a 2 hour special since 15 years ago when they did the last special about Mickey Mouse.