4Kids Talkback: The Crossroads of Destiny - The 4Kids Discussion V10

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by D Dubbs, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mohji

Mohji Member

Will Toonzai be doing a Friday fall preview this year?

2. spidey4545

spidey4545 Fox Kids Historian
    Reporter

That is correct: there is an hour-long special of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's on September 10th. It will be aired as one episode instead of two separate ones, so it's possible that they do add some scenes from episode 137 (273 if you could by production codes).

I haven't heard anything about a preview on the CW afternoon lineup, but that's a very good question...I had actually forgotten about this.

3. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

Thanks for the heads up!

Dang it! I was hoping they would have 137 be a clip show and have some stuff the skipped arc/episodes. Darn it! :(

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that was the case since I kept hearing about how that episode ends on a cliffhanger. I'm kind of surprised that they're having a special hour for 5D's, but I guess that they didn't want to air one more new episode of 5D's when their new fall lineup starts. I wouldn't be too surprised if they take the show off the lineup after this hour special, although I'm still doubting that they'll be able to start Zexal on the 17th. Considering that this is an hour episode, I wouldn't be surprised if they tacked on the first few minutes of 137 and end the series with that, despite the amount of plot holes it leaves for the viewers.

5. Mohji

Mohji Member

One of the Magi Nation airings beat Yu-Gi-Oh! and tied with Sonic X.

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, August 13, 2011 Broadcast Networks only (Live + SD Data):
    Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
    CW (Toonzai)
    0.6/3 Avg. (7a-12p)
    Magi-Nation 0.2/2; Magi-Nation 0.5/5; Sonic X 0.6/5; Sonic X 0.7/4; Yu-Gi-Oh! 0.4/2; Sonic X 0.5/3; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.6/3; Dragon Ball Z Kai 0.7/3; Yu-Gi-Oh 0.8/4; Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds 0.7/3
    ABC
    0.6/3 Avg. (9a-1p)
    The Emperor's New School 0.6/3; The Replacements 0.7/3; That's So Raven 0.4/2; That's So Raven 0.5/2; Hannah Montana 0.6/3; Suite Life of Zack & Cody 0.7/3
    CBS (CookieJarTV)
    0.5/2 Avg. (7-10a/10a-12p)
    Busytown Mysteries 0.5/6; Busytown Mysteries 0.5/2; Doodlebops Rockin Road Show 0.4/2; Horseland 0.5/2; Horseland 0.6/3; Trollz 0.4/2
    NBC (Qubo on NBC)
    Avg. 0.3/1 (10a-1p)
    Turbo Dogs 0.2/1; Shelldon 0.1/1; Magic School Bus 0.3/1; Babar 0.3/1; Willa's Wild Life 0.5/2; Pearlie 0.5/2

6. Brainy Smurf

Brainy Smurf Member

If they do it, it will most likely be on September 16.

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure if they will do another fall preview. I think that they would have made an announcement about it by now, especially with their block starting on the 17th. Besides that, the only new show that they'll definitely have on their lineup is Tai Chi Chasers. I could maybe see them starting to air their dub for Zexal later on in the fall, as I really don't think that they'll have the show ready after they finish their dub of 5D's, but it's also possible that they won't be able to air it depending on the outcome of the first half of the trial. Since most of the block is mostly reruns with only two or three shows with new episodes, I'm not sure if they'd want to do a preview of their fall block.

8. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

lol Wow 4Kids is still trying to advertise Sonic X as new.

"Sonic X: New World Saga, coming this Fall!" Seriously?...

#968 Sonic_Eclipse, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
  9. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Ive just watched the Tai-Chi Chasers promo and Im actually quite Impressed! 4Kids even kept the "The Character for Fire" Thing!

On the show itself....Im not sure.

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm almost kind of surprised that 4Kids is using the same promos they used when they started with the New World Saga last year, but I think that they just want to get kids excited with saying the word new with Sonic X so often. Plus, I guess they didn't want to try making a new promo for the show when they've already made a ton of them.

While I like that they're making quite a few promos for Tai-Chi Chasers, the show still doesn't really look or sound that interesting. I'll still watch it when it premiers for the fun of it, but if 4Kids does lose the Yu-Gi-Oh! license and aren't able to air any Yu-Gi-Oh! series, I'm not sure if that show would keep me watching the block.

11. Revenge Avenger

Well technically it is new... it's the New World Saga. :D

12. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

I know ratings seem to climb quite a bit in the Fall when the kiddies go back to school, and with the ratings being downright terrible over the past couple of months I'm hoping that they do climb when school lets back in. I've been wondering though, what if the ratings don't climb? What if the top rated shows remain at 0.6's and 0.7's throughout the Fall/Winter? I would think it would probably usher in the death of 4Kids faster than expected, and I've been saying that they'd not make it through 2012 (but it looks like they will).

So I guess what I'm trying to ask would be when everyone thinks Toonzai/4Kids will be finally off the air for good and what will be the reason as to why? I look forward to reading everyones responses.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For me, I think it depends on what happens with the whole legal issue over the Yu-Gi-Oh! license. If they're somehow able to keep the Yu-Gi-Oh! license, which I still seriously doubt at this point, then I think that they'll be able to keep their block on the air at least until their contract with the CW expires. I believe that this is their third year on the station, so they would have a good couple of years left and perhaps even more if they're able to renew their contract with the CW. If the two part trial results in 4Kids losing the Yu-Gi-Oh! license, then I don't think that they'll last beyond the 2011-2012 season. Yu-Gi-Oh! is basically the only television property they own that produces a significant amount of revenue for the company and always has more new episodes/series for them to dub, even though they tend to skip the ending of the spin-off series in favor of jumping to the newest one. Without having access to the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, they'll lose a good amount of revenue and they'll have a few empty spots on their block that's most likely going to be filled with reruns of older shows that don't provide as much money for the company.

14. Manga4life

Your probably right about that, but what happens if they keep Yu-Gi-Oh and their ratings continue to dip and don't get better, then what? I'm worried that sponsors and promotional partners will continue to bow out of advertising on their block due to the poor ratings and 4Kids will fall into a state of complacency with their programming instead of doing somethings to try to boost the ratings. I think it's great that they've been putting commercials on Nicktoons and Cartoon Network lately, but they need to go beyond that and try to grab peoples attention. I don't know, I just feel as if the end if closer than we think and it makes me a little sad to think of a Saturday morning without a true non-cable Saturday morning without a real cartoon block. I can always switch to CN's block, but it just isn't the same and I like the variety of being able to switch between the two.

15. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

I don't mean to derail the thread but it's almost time for a new one and we'll need a new name. Any suggestions? As always, feel free to second someone's idea if you like it so we can get an idea of the most popular title.

16. Manga4life

"4Kids Talkback: The dark road winds as the hour glass empties"

LoL, I don't know.

17. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Haha, that's quite poetic. Although I'll throw in my own nomination.

4Kids Talkback: Endgame - The 4Kids Discussion V11

It's a reference to an endgame in chess, when few pieces are left on the board. It's also a term that is used a lot in Yu-Gi-Oh! (although more so in the original anime and manga) so it seems rather fitting given all that's happening.

18. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I like this one. It's pretty fitting title all things considering to the point where I even question how long 4Kids will last at this rate, Yu-Gi-Oh! problems or not.

19. Revenge Avenger

4Kids Discussion V11 - All Cards on the Table

I couldn't resist the Yu-Gi-Oh pun. Besides referring to 4Kids trouble with the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise, it also refers to these shady deals cropping up between 4Kids and other companies.

20. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

4Kids Talkback: One Card Short - The 4Kids Discussion V11

I just wanted to make my own Yu-Gi-Oh! reference, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.