4Kids Talkback: An Unknown Future - The 4Kids Discussion V7

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by D Dubbs, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

4Kids Talkback: Going Downhill?
    4Kids Talkback: Falling Off the Map? (Though they kind of already have with them not having many shows on cable and low ratings.)

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess that it makes sense to finish airing the rest of the Lost Episodes, but I thought that they would air the director's cut of Turtles Forever for some reason.

As for a new thread name, I have a couple of ideas:

4Kids Talkback: Reaching for a Future
    4Kids Talkback: The Saga Continues...

I wanted to think of positive sounding titles, even though 4Kids is still struggling, but I'm not sure how good they are.

3. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

That "4Kids: A Look Ahead" sounds like a good title.:) Who knows what we'll get in the near future?

I still like Dinosaur King, though. I like Ursula because she's not only gorgeous, she's also funny.:D I don't even mind the constant running gag between her and Zoe.:anime: Of course, I REALLY hope Viz Media puts out an UNCUT version on DVD in the near future, like it did with Pokemon.

O/T: Light Lucario, I hope my last PM didn't upset you. I'd like us to continue our discussions on Yugioh 5Ds. That is, if you have enough time to.

4. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I third "A Look Ahead" for the next 4Kids thread name.

5. Yash

Yash dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura

4kids Talkback: Does anyone still care? - 4kids Discussion V8

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't believe that there has been any uncut Pokemon DVD's. I think that you're thinking of what Funimation did with Yu-Gi-Oh! a few years ago. While I wouldn't mind an uncut release, I'm not sure if they would do that since uncut is usually for the teenage/young adult crowd and Dinosaur King is a fairly tame show.

I'm sorry that you thought that your PM upset me. That wasn't the case at all. I've been busy this week with classes, so I didn't have too much time to send you a reply back. Sorry about that again. I'll be happy to continue our discussions on 5D's and send you a reply back later on today, or most likely tomorrow.

7. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

4Kids V8:The Year-End Finale (Part 1)

8. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

But it's only February...

"A Look Ahead" is a pretty nice title. We don't know what exactly the future holds for 4Kids (they're heading towards one of the biggest crossroads of the company's existence), so it's best to keep looking ahead for what may come.

9. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

Well, Will GGR Come back Somehow?

10. THE 24 king

THE 24 king Member

As for a new thread name, I have a couple of ideas:

4Kids Talkback: Reaching for a Future

this one song the best lets be honest here.

11. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

4Kids v8 - The adventure continues
    or
    4kids v8 - The struggle to survive

Those sound like nice choices to me.

12. THE 24 king

THE 24 king Member

ABC 0.7/3 Avg. (9a-1p)
    The Emperor's New School 0.5/2; The Replacements 0.5/2; That's So Raven 0.7/3; That's Raven 1.1/5; Hannah Montana 0.9/4; Suite Life of Zack & Cody 0.9/4; Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 0.4/2; Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 0.3/2
    CW (TheCW4Kids) 0.6/3 Avg. (7a-12p)
    Winx Club 0.1/1; Winx Club 0.4/3; Dinosaur King 0.6/3; Dinosaur King 1.0/5; Yu-Gi-Oh 0.7/3; Yu-Gi-Oh 0.7/3; Sonic X 0.7/3; Sonic X 0.9/4; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 0.9/4; Chaotic 0.5/2
    CBS (CookieJarTV) 0.4/2 Avg. (7-10a/10a-12p)
    Busytown Mysteries 0.4/2; Noonbory and the Super 7 0.4/2; Busytown Mysteries 0.4/2; Busytown Mysteries 0.2/1; Noonbory and the Super 7 0.3/1; Sabrina: Animated Series 0.5/2
    NBC (Qubo on NBC)Avg. 0.2/1 (10a-1p)
    Turbo Dogs 0.3/1; Shelldon 0.2/1; 3-2-1 Penguins 0.2/1; Babar 0.2/1; Willa's Wild Life 0.3/1; Jane and the Dragon 0.3/1

13. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

I have felt that 4Kids has been in trouble for a long time and once they closed down their block on Fox I felt even worse about their future but I hoped that cartoon fans would unite and tune into their CW counterpart but that has not seemed to be the case. These ratings are terrible, the company is handled by a complete idiot and I really can't see how 4Kids will be around much longer than another year or so at best, then at that point free network Saturday morning cartoons will be dead and people will have to turn to cable for their cartoon fix. I love watching my 'toons on XD, CN and Nicktoons but there is something special about being able to turn on a standard non-paid channel to watch cartoons and this luxury will someday be taken away from us and unless you can sit through that terrible Qubo and Cookie Jar crap then you will be out of luck if you don't have cable or the internet for legal streams. I really do miss the days when I could put it on Fox, UPN or the WB and watch cartoons on any given day of the week, these days it's a dead art and soon 4Kids will be just another block long gone in the Saturday morning game. Boy, how I wish it was not so.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, the ratings weren't as high this week. Dino King won this round.

15. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's now have episodes 58-60 online. :cool: (I can't believe I'm the first to post this. :shrug:)

They have also put up some Dinosaur King episodes, including the Christmas themed one.

#995 Golfkid, Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2010
  16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Finally! That's awesome news. I wish that they put up the rest of the second duel since it's been so long since their last update. At least they're finally showing the Jack vs. Carly duel, which I've wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for the update.

17. 4Kids4EverFandom

4Kids4EverFandom Active Member

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's since we're now in the final 4 Episodes, it's going to get a bit more serious, and difficult.

Anyways about For a new 4Kids forum title i was thinking like:

4Kids v8 talkback:A Fight to surrive to the economy
    or 4Kids v8 talkback: A company to never be forgotten (1992-2010)

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think that you're referring to the final four episodes of the Dark Signer arc, not the final four episodes of the series, right? The series is still going on in Japan and I haven't heard anything about it ending in the near future. I'm just a little confused as to what you actually meant by that statement.

I think that the first title is pretty good, but I think that the second one is a premature statement to make. While 4Kids isn't doing that well, I'm not sure how close it is to dying off and I don't know if anyone here can say for sure that they will close down this year since we can't look into the future or understand every aspect of their company.

19. THE 24 king

THE 24 king Member

4Kids Entertainment is appointed worldwide merchandising and licensing agent and brand manager for the Israel-based technology company Castle Builders. Castle Builders created the Computerized Storybook, a multimedia software application that includes an interface that narrates kid's stories aloud while incorporating multimedia and animation, including word-for-word narration, sentence translation, story glossary and picture navigation all controlled by the reader.

20. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Alright, looks like the general consenus is "A Look Ahead."

I'll start a new thread tonight, but I'm not going to redo the 4Kids Online Video Catalogue just yet because I'm pretty swamped with school work this week. I'll try and get to that this weekend sometime.

But yeah, if a mod would close this, that'd be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.