“Los Casagrandes” News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by PinkiePie97, Jul 2, 2018.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. RainbowCupcake

Sorry, but I still can't see this going very far. I don't think we need a show like this because frankly, a lot of episode ideas from The Loud House could easily be applied here. The only real difference between this show and the original are that the characters and setting are different. But at the end of the day, they're both shows about a young kid living with a big, crazy family.

I don't understand why Nickelodeon greenlit this when I think it would have been more logical for them to just renew The Loud House for an extra season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Ambassador of Harvey Street

This is literally going to be The Cleveland Show and Planet Sheen all over again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Loud House already did renew for season 4

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RainbowCupcake

Yes, I understand that. I meant that renewing/spending more time on The Loud House in general would be a better use of Nickelodeon's efforts rather than them trying to spawn a new property off of it. Perhaps this could mean renewing The Loud House for a fifth or sixth season.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear earlier.

6. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Inside No. 9

I'm looking forward to it, the show kind of reminds me of The Brothers Garcia. :)

7. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

So, since Bobby is moving with Ronnie Anne, I wonder what that will mean with his relationship with Lori.

But yeah, it would be funny if it was cancelled after the first season, leading to the Santiagos to return to the parent show.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

Remember when The Cleveland Show's cancellation was mocked in Family Guy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Ambassador of Harvey Street

I believe it was that crossover episode with The Simpsons.

10. JTZ

JTZ Member

I am looking forward to it. I like Ronnie-Anne and the Casagrandes, so getting more of them is good news to me. Also, I don't think there has been a really good cartoon set in a big city for a while.

11. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

Cleveland Show was also mocked in the Family Guy episode "He's Bla-ack!".

12. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I agree. This screams too much like The Cleveland Show. Carlino even reminds me of Rallo. Plus, aside from Ronnie,Bobby, and their mother and possibly Aunt, I don't find the rest of the family likable.

Ronnie Anne and Bobby have always lived together. They're brother and sister after all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CNReactionGuy18

CNReactionGuy18 Don't spoil it! Or I spoil my juice.

14. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is a different story than The Loud House, it receives 26 half hours per season, granted Season 1 was intended to be 13 originally and Season 2 had 14 as well until both got a boost to 26 per their respective seasons. In this case Los Casagrandes will see 20 half hours.

Bunsen is a Beast also had 26 half hours (originally 20). Welcome to the Wayne on the other hand, saw 20 half hours in its first season.

Maybe now most shows could go this route. Or like Bunsen it could be expanded.

#14 jaylop97, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  15. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

That's how I feel about it, it would be too similar to TLH, maybe they should have just done the Ronnie Ann segments as 11min episodes in TLH, sorta like the Dial M For Monkey episodes in Dexter's Lab?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JTZ

JTZ Member

People who claim it could be too similar to TLH should consider that while both shows are about big families, the Louds have a lot of kids while the Casagrade family is multi-generational. That's already a big difference since the dynamics are different.

I'm aware it could very well turn out to be a stale copy, but I'm optimistic it won't. At best, it could become a modern version of "Hey Arnold!" with the charm of TLH mixed in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

While I don't like how reliant Nicktoons are on stuff based on existing properties (if Kid Danger and Rise of the TMNT are concerned), I think this one has potential, even if Ronnie Anne isn't my favorite character. They're going to flesh her and her family out more here, sometimes I can't say the same for most spin-offs I've seen.

18. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Avid BCG follower

I'm not sure how ya complaining about this if we're unsure of what it'll turn, while I'm not there to judge its cover by the book bc this only the beginning.

Hoping some of the characters won't suffer much the Loud family had in certain episodes, when it comes to handling some characterization, they should remain the same as before, just hope we get episodes that helps make the characters have some importance of why there are there and why anyone who find them more interesting and less dull, obnoxious, or just flat out.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

19. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the show will turn out fine. I just don’t like the idea that they’re making a spin-off so soon. But I guess it’s just a sign of how much the network likes TLH, and wants it to be a big franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. jaylop97

jaylop97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I kind of always feel that this is what Nick always wanted with The Patakis, minus it being of a different age range audience. Ronnie Anne as a character always felt like Helga Pataki and this decision always feels like what Nick always wanted to do what they didn't do with Helga Pataki. That is what I get with the idea of this spin off.

• Like Like x 2