“Hilda” News & Discussion Thread

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,960 41
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
New show coming to Netflix September 21. I like what I’ve seen about it so far, so I’ll be checking it out.

Hilda, from Silvergate Media and based on the graphic novels by Luke Pearson, follows the adventures of a fearless blue-haired girl as she travels from her home in a vast magical wilderness full of elves and giants, to the bustling city of Trolberg, where she meets new friends and mysterious creatures who are stranger – and more dangerous – than she ever expected. Stephanie Simpson is the writer and showrunner, Kurt Mueller serves as exec producer, and Mercury Filmworks.is the animation studio.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/b-the-beginning-season-2-premiere-date-hilda-netflix-1202408799/
https://variety.com/2018/film/festi...ing-hilda-raise-the-bar-epic-show-1202843460/

Last edited:

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,960 41
Massachusetts

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon analyst, Harvey Street ambassador.
Jan 10, 2015
Ratings
7,050 83
Raleigh, North Carolina
www.youtube.com
Jul 1, 2018
Ratings
61 1
USA
This is what I was talking about.

This was her design when I first saw it on Silvergate Media's website about a year ago.
Oh yeah, that was from ages ago. In fact, here's the current version of that image (that I sort of made myself back in February of this year):

A vast improvement if I do say so myself. But yeah, I've been keeping tabs on this show ever since Cartoon Brew revealed that Netflix was turning it into a cartoon 2 years ago!

By the way, this has the honor of being my first post as a member here, so hi everyone! :)

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Ratings
347 7
The recent "New to Netflix US" video for this September somehow doesn't list or show Hilda. This worries me. Is the show going to be delayed from its intended September 21st premiere date?

Jul 1, 2018
Ratings
61 1
USA
The recent "New to Netflix US" video for this September somehow doesn't list or show Hilda. This worries me. Is the show going to be delayed from its intended September 21st premiere date?

...Is there some kind of weird force in the universe that's preventing us to watch anything resembling a trailer for this animated show?! o_O

We are so close to the release, it's burning me that we STILL have no trailer yet!

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Ratings
347 7
...Is there some kind of weird force in the universe that's preventing us to watch anything resembling a trailer for this animated show?! o_O

We are so close to the release, it's burning me that we STILL have no trailer yet!
Take a chill pill, dude. Trailers for Netflix shows usually are released a bit closer to their premiere dates.

I wouldn't be surprised if this show does go the Pinky Malinky route...
I'm guessing the real reason Pinky Malinky was delayed was because of the ended contract between Netflix and Nickelodeon, causing the former to lose interest in Pinky.

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
4,960 41
Massachusetts

I sent Luke Pearson a DM on Twitter asking about this and he told me there's no delay as far as he knows. He thinks it might have something to do with there being no trailer yet or that it's a kids show.

Last edited: