Women in Animation (WIA) Presents…
The Future is Female: Women in Animation
Date: Thursday, 7/20/17
Time: 10:00am – 11:00am
Location: Room 7AB
Marge Dean (WIA co-president and General Manager of Stoopid Buddy Stoodios) will lead a conversation featuring top executives from the areas of Film, TV, Comics, VR, Gaming and Digital Streaming. The panel will discuss female creative talent by format, unconscious bias, and the goal of obtaining 50-50 by 2025, with women sharing equally in the creation, production and rewards of animation.
Marge Dean, WIA Co-president and General Manager, Stoopid Buddy Stoodios
- Paige Braddock, Executive Vice President/Creative Director, Charles M Schulz Creative Associates
- Kelley Gardner, Sr. Director of Current Animation Series at Nickelodeon
- Maggie Malone, VP, Creative Affairs, Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Angela Petrella, Producer, Oculus Story Studio
- Kristy Scanlan, WIA Co-president and VP, Business Development, Animation & Games, Technicolor
- Sarah Malkin, VP, Head of Programming, New Form Digital
ABOUT WOMEN IN ANIMATION (WIA)
Women in Animation (WIA) envisions a world in which women share fully in the creation, production and rewards of animation, resulting in richer and more diverse entertainment and media that move our culture forward. The mission of WIA is to bring together a global community of animation professionals to empower and support women in the art, science and business of animation by increasing access to resources, creating opportunities for education, encouraging strong connections between individuals, and inspiring excellence. For more information or to join WIA, please visit http:https://www.womeninanimation.org.