One of the great, and often overlooked, features of the Wii U’s catalog is its selection of indie games. Today you can try out some of the more popular indie titles for the platform, dirt cheap.
The “Super Indie Connection Sale” is on now and runs through Feb. 13. If you buy one of the games on sale, or even if you already own one of them, you can get the others for 60 percent off.
According to a press release from Nintendo, five games are featured:
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes Publishing is a puzzle adventure with no tutorials, no hand-holding and no one telling players what to do. The fun is in exploring and overcoming the obstacles of the lush forest island.
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party from KnapNok Games is a game for two to eight people. Players sit in a circle around the Wii U GamePad, spin a virtual bottle and collaborate with friends to complete the most challenges.
- BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games Inc. is a rhythm-music, auto-running platformer. Players run, jump, slide, kick and soar through fantastic environments with amazing soundtracks.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from Black Forest Games is a fast-paced platformer that lets players morph at will between two dynamically different dream worlds. The game combines punchy graphics and tight controls with the challenge of retro platforming.
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition from WayForward delivers players to a world in which Space Hooligans have escaped custody and are wreaking havoc all over Planet Land. Players must do what they can to bring these renegades to justice.
Nintendo says the sale is a way to introduce players to eShop gems they might otherwise overlook.
“Independent developers are responsible for some of the most creative and unique content in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U,” said Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s vice president of licensing.
So get out of that AAA games rut and check out something a little different.
For more information on the sale, visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers.