Smith Micro has released Anime Studio Pro 9.5. This latest version offers improvements requested by users and allows them more control over their workflow. The Anime Studio series is an affordably priced animation software package that addresses both the needs of the casual animation enthusiast (through Debut) and the hard core animator with previous training in other software (through Pro).
Smart Bones now has the ability to control switch layers, layer order, layer visibility, follow path, stroke exposure, shape effect positioning, shape effect parameters, 3D thickness of vector shapes that have been converted to 3D and more. Additionally, users will be able to add labels and assign colors to bones. The keyframes for colored bones will show up in the timeline in special colored channels that match the color of the corresponding bone.
Anime Studio Pro 9.5 – Bones Enhancements
Anime Studio Pro 9.5 – Smart Bones Enhancements
Depth Shifting has been added as an option and is used to preserve an object’s apparent size when moving it forward and back in Z. Anime Studio Pro 9.5 does this by automatically applying the proper amount of scale. Depth Shifting can be used to arrange landscapes.
Improvements have been made to switch layer behavior which will allow them to work better for frame-by-frame animation. If the children of a switch layer have layer colors assigned, the corresponding keys in the timeline will have the same color when those children are active. This will allow users to more easily see what switch layer is active at what time. Users will be able to change a switch layers active child using alt-cmd-right click or alt-ctrl-right click.
Other Improvements Include:
- Users will be able to see real-time changes to shape’s fill color, stroke color and brush settings.
- The eyedropper now has options to only select fill color or stroke color, or copy a color to the clipboard.
- Brush spacing is now much more even, including when the curviness of a shape is animated over time.
- Inactive layers may now be grayed out.
- Layer shading now has an option to invert the shading, allowing the layer to look like it has a rim highlight.
- Layers and Groups now have a masking indicator, making it easier to see when masking is in effect, as well as what contribution each layer has to a mask.
- Layers that follow a path will have an indicator on top of their icon in the Layers palette.
- New scripts include Sperical Panorama, Fisheye and a Tiling Script. Spherical Panorama will allow users to convert a spherical panorama image into a 3D sphere that can be viewed from any angle. Fisheye will allow users to turn a fisheye image into a curved, wide-angle surface that can be panned around. The Tiling Script will allow users to create repeating texture patterns to will the workspace.
The 64-bit Windows version of Anime Studio Pro 9.5 will now use Media Foundation. Users will no longer have to install QuickTime to import popular audio and video formats like MP3, AAC, MP4, and QuickTime. When exporting animations on Windows 7 and higher, the application will create movies using the Windows Media Foundation media library. When exporting animations on Windows XP and higher, the software will create movies using the DirectShow media library.
Anime Studio Pro 9.5 is available for $299.99. Anime Studio Pro 9 users can upgrade their software for $49.99 and users of Anime Studio Debut 9 or Anime Studio 6, 7, or 8 can upgrade for $149.99. More detailed product, pricing and upgrade information is available at the Anime Studio Website.