Sixth Season of ‘Family Guy’ Production Finally A ‘Go’
Daily Variety is reporting that production has finally begun on the sixth season of Fox’s animated smash “Family Guy,” 2½ months after the show’s writers were told not to report to work.
On Tuesday, “Family Guy” writers were informed that the doors had been unlocked, and they returned to the writers’ room for the first time Wednesday.
Work was halted on “Family Guy” last fall as talks between producer 20th Century Fox TV and series creator Seth MacFarlane on an overall deal had reached an impasse.
The decision to bring the “Family Guy” scribes back to work signals that progress has finally been made in mapping out a new deal for MacFarlane at 20th Century Fox. According to Variety, sources close to the negotiations said a highly lucrative contract is expected to be announced imminently, although a 20th Century Fox TV spokesman declined to comment to them.
Insiders said it was too soon to gauge whether the late start for season six of “Family Guy” would affect the studio’s ability to deliver episodes on time. If the show’s 2007-08 premiere should appear to be in jeopardy, however, they feel it’s likely the studio will spend some extra cash to speed the production pace.