Toonzone had the opportunity to participate in a roundtable interview with Troy Baker, the voice of Talion in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, at the San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC2014). Topics discussed included:
- Performance capture and the marriage between stage and film
- Baker’s intro to Lord of the Rings
- Adding to the world of Lord of the Rings
- Talion’s thoughts on Gollum
- What attracted Baker to the role of Talion
- Freedom and character choices made in providing the voice for Talion
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor takes place between the events of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Mordor is not yet a wasteland. Talion, a ranger of Gondor is killed while guarding the Black Gate of Mordor against the forces of Sauron. He’s resurrected with wraith-like abilities and heads into Mordor to exact his revenge.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor was developed by Monolith Productions and will be distributed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game is set to be released on September 30, 2014. It will be available on the PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. For more information on the game, visit the official Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor website.