PR: CN Events at San Diego Comic Con 2011; Win "ThunderCats" Sword of Omens
WARNER BROS. BOOTH WILL GET FAMILY DAY “TOON UP”
COURTESY OF CARTOON NETWORK
SUNDAY, JULY 24 AT COMIC-CON 2011
Twitter Pitch: WB booth gets @CartoonNetwork “toon up” @ Comic-Con, will transform overnight for family day: http:https://bit.ly/n9wjxt #WBSDCC #SDCC
BURBANK, Calif. (July 15, 2011) — Sunday is family day at Comic-Con, and this year for the first time, Warner Bros. Entertainment will partner with Time Warner sister company Cartoon Network on a daylong “booth takeover” initiative. On Sunday, July 24, at Comic-Con International: San Diego, the Warner Bros. booth — with its distinctive 30-foot tall replica of the iconic Warner Bros. water tower — will transform overnight into the Cartoon Network booth to create a fun, family friendly environment designed just for kids.
In celebration of family day, Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. will present a day’s worth of kid-friendly events at the booth, including:
- Signings by stars and creators from “Regular Show,” “Adventure Time,” “The Looney Tunes Show,” “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice”
- The return of last year’s smash success kids’ Dance Party, featuring costumed characters like Scooby-Doo and Bugs Bunny. For 2011, dance party revelers will show off their hottest moves on a custom-made Liquid Fusion floor, allowing them to walk on water! (Figuratively, of course.)
- Live demonstrations by cartoonists and other artists, including iconic “MAD” illustrator Sergio Aragones
- One-of-a-kind giveaways and premiums from Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation, including the live giveaway of the Tweety car
- And more!
Thirty-five workers will work over 500 combined hours to engineer a Cartoon Network rebrand of the 3,600-square-foot Warner Bros. booth, literally overnight, hanging all-new banners and booth signage to create an all-new environment.
CARTOON NETWORK BOOTH EVENT SCHEDULE
SUNDAY, JULY 24
- “The Looney Tunes Show” autograph signing, 10:15 a.m.
- “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated” autograph signing, 10:15 a.m.
- “Adventure Time” signing, 11:00 a.m.
- “Young Justice” signing, 11:15 a.m.
- Cartoon Network Dance Party, 12:00 Noon-12:45 p.m.
- Tweety car giveaway, 12:45 p.m.
- Sergio Aragones live cartooning presentation, 1:00 p.m.
- “Regular Show” signing, 1:45 p.m.
For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon.
WARNER BROS. ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF COMIC-CON SWAG WITH
EXCLUSIVE THUNDERCATS SWORD OF OMENS GIVEAWAY
Twitter Pitch: #ThunderCats Hooo! Handcrafted Sword of Omens replica, only at the Warner Bros. booth @ Comic-Con: http:https://bit.ly/n8iLvR #WBSDCC #SDCC
BURBANK, Calif. (July 15, 2011) — To celebrate the highly anticipated premiere of ThunderCats, the newest Warner Bros. Animation series on Cartoon Network, the studio has commissioned a replica Sword of Omens, Lion-O’s mythical weapon used in the series, to be given away to one lucky fan, exclusively at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2011.
* Handcrafted by the artisan Dragon of Renegade Effects Group, this replica Sword of Omens is forged of aircraft aluminum (1/3 of what steel weighs – but just as tough!) and features a hand-carved eyepiece and ThunderCats logo.
* For a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the sword, click here: www.thewb.com/comiccon/swordofomens
* Sword design taken directly from the drawings of the Warner Bros. Animation artists.
* Visit the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) to find out how you could win the Sword of Omens.
* In addition to this special prize, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) will also be giving away free foam replicas of the Sword of Omens to fans on Friday, July 22, and Sunday, July 24.
* A world premiere screening of ThunderCats at Comic-Con will take place on Friday, July 22, at 3:30 p.m. in Room 6A. Afterward the screening, join Larry Kenney (voice of Claudus, voice of Lion-O in the original series), Emmanuelle Chriqui (voice of Cheetara), producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton will for a panel discussion on the series.
* ThunderCats roars onto TV screens with an hour-long special premiere event on Friday, July 29, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Following the premiere, the show will air regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning August 5.
Only the true Lord of the ThunderCats can wield the mighty Sword of Omens! And only one lucky fan will be able to win this exclusive Comic-Con replica at the Warner Bros. booth.
Must be over 18 to enter. Official Rules available at TheWB.com.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC).
ThunderCats is a new animated series from Warner Bros. Animation (WBA), premiering exclusively on Cartoon Network, and is executive produced by Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold), with Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) producing.
An epic, all new reimagining of the classic 1980s animated series, ThunderCats tells the story of a hero’s journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra, and Lion-O, the young heir to the throne, embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion must work with his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat, and his loyal pet, Snarf — who join him on his journey — to save their world from darkness.