PR: Boomerang Invites Everyone to a Special Holiday Christmas Party
Bringing joy to the world beginning Saturday, December 1, Boomerang, Cartoon Network’s 24-hour commercial free sister network, will celebrate the Christmas Holiday every weekend in December by airing a plethora of favorite animated Christmas Classics. Snuggle up with loved ones and spread the Christmas cheer starting this Saturday and every weekend through December 23, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (ET). In addition to all of the weekend programming festivities, Boomerang will present special Christmas Eve selections all day from 9 a.m. through 6 a.m. (ET). Making room for Santa’s sleigh and just in time for the opening of Christmas presents, holiday classics such as The Flintstones, The Smurfs, and Justice League will air from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
“Boomerang is proud to present our annual Christmas Party stunt, which features such classic Boomerang stars as The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, The Smurfs, and Tom & Jerry,” said Rico Hill, vice president of programming and scheduling for Boomerang. “We have the most recognizable classic cartoon stars in world, who shine their brightest during our annual Boomerang Christmas Party Stunt.”
Highlights of featured holiday classics include the following:
- Saturday, Dec. 1, at 4 p.m.: “Yogi’s First Christmas” – Yogi Bear and his friends Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, Augie Doggie, Doggie Daddy and Cindy Bear come together for a Christmas celebration at Jellystone Lodge.
- Sunday, Dec. 2, at 4 p.m.: “A Flintstone Christmas Carol” – Fred gets a job as a department store Santa during the holidays. When the real Santa Claus gets sick, Santa asks Fred to take his place and deliver the toys on Christmas.
- Saturday, Dec. 8, at 4 p.m.: “A Jetsons Christmas Carol” – When Mr. Spacely forces George to work on Christmas Eve, Mr. Spacely get haunted by Christmas sprits who try to convince him to change his ways.
- Sunday, Dec. 9, at 4 p.m.: “Yogi Bear’s All-Star Comedy Christmas Caper” – Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo sneak off into the city and make Christmas merry for a lonely little rich girl, Judy Jones, with some help from their old friends.
- Saturday, Dec. 15, at 4:30 p.m.: “Smurfs Christmas Special” – The Smurfs must come together at Christmastime to battle a new villain who threatens the Smurf village.
- Sunday, Dec. 16, at 4 p.m.: “Christmas Comes To Pac-land” – When Santa Claus’ magical sleigh crashes in Pac-Land, Pac-Man and his family help Santa Claus repair his sleigh and help save Christmas for kids around the world.
- Monday, Dec. 24, at 6:30 p.m.: Justice League – “Comfort and Joy” – After saving a distant plant, the Justice League returns to Earth just in time for Christmas Eve. While Flash plays Santa for some orphans, Superman invites Martian Manhunter to his home to celebrate the holidays in Smallville.
- Tuesday, Dec, 25, at 8 a.m.: “A Flintstone Family Christmas” – In the Spirit of the holiday season, Fred and Wilma invite a caveless street urchin named Stony from “the wrong side of the tarpits” into their home and face a world of trouble while trying to teach the boy the difference between naughty and nice.
Boomerang is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s (TBS, Inc.) 24-hour cable/satellite network offering the best in classic animated entertainment. In partnership with Cartoon Network, the service boasts 75 percent unduplicated programming and is available to cable/satellite operators and their customers in Spanish. Boomerang’s official Web site is located at http:https://Boomerang.CartoonNetwork.com.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 10:30 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.