NICKELODEON FINISHES APRIL FIRST WITH TOTAL VIEWERS LED BY NICKELODEON’S 25TH ANNUAL KIDS’ CHOICE AWARDS AND THE PREMIERE OF THE LEGEND OF KORRA
Nickelodeon Wins Week as Basic Cable’s Top Net with Kids and Total Viewers; The Legend of Korra Draws 4 Million Viewers, Ranks as Cable’s Top Kids’ Telecast with Total Viewers; iCarly Ranks as Week’s Top Program with Tweens
NEW YORK-May 1, 2012-Nickelodeon closes April as basic cable’s top total day network with total viewers. The win was driven by Nickelodeon’s 25th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards, which hosted by Will Smith and featuring the biggest and brightest stars in Hollywood, ranks as basic cable’s top telecast with total viewers (6.9 million) in April. The star-studded, slime-filled extravaganza also scored the top spot with kids 6-11 (12.6/2.7 million) and tweens 9-14 (12.5/2.6 million). April also featured the premiere of Nick’s latest hit animated series The Legend of Korra, which closed the month as basic cable’s top kids’ program with total viewers.
Nickelodeon ended the month with a solid ratings performance, posting a winning week (4/23/12 – 4/29/12) as basic cable’s top total day network with kids 2-11 (2.3/818,000) and total viewers (1.5 million). The weekly win was fueled by a strong performance by The Legend of Korra, which drew 4 million total viewers with its Saturday morning (April 28 11 a.m. ET/PT) new episode.
A new episode of iCarly, “iHalfoween” premiered on Saturday night (April 28, 8 p.m. ET/PT) and drew 2.9 million total viewers, ranking as the number-one program for the week with tweens 9-14 (5.6/1.2 million). In “iHalfoween” the iCarly gang implements a half-year Halloween celebration. However, their bright idea gets crashed when Nevel returns to his old tricks and shenanigans causing the party to spin out of control.
Nick’s digital nets also had solid performances, with Nicktoons posting double-digit increases with key kids 6-11 (+28%) and tweens 9-14 (+22%). The net’s performance was driven by the premiere of Wild Grinders, (Friday, April 27, at 7p.m. ET), which drew 399,000 total viewers and posted double-digit increases over last year with kids 6-11 (1.1/152,000, +38%) and tweens 9-14 (.8/106,000, +60%). Wild Grinders is a 26-episode half-hour new animated series inspired by skateboarding pro Rob Dyrdek’s real-life experiences and follows the adventures of a group of friends bonded by their love of the exciting sport. Following the premiere, Wild Grinders will air regularly on Fridays at 7:00 p.m. (ET) on Nicktoons.
You must log in to post a comment
|Recent Threads/Start Date|