The Pokémon TCG: XY—Flashfire expansion, will be out at retail Wednesday, May 7, 2014, and it’s bringing Mega Charizard with it.
According to a Pokémon Company Press Release, the Pokémon TCG: XY—Flashfire “brings the fan favorite Mega Charizard to the Pokémon Trading Card Game with two awesome Mega Charizard-EX cards.”
The full press release follows:
Pokémon Trading Card Game
The Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) is a collectible and competitive trading card game. In the competitive Pokémon TCG, each player constructs a deck of 60 cards and uses it to battle against other players in fast-paced, strategy-oriented play. Since the debut of the Pokémon TCG in 1996, more than 20 billion cards have been shipped to 74 countries around the world.
Pokémon TCG: XY—Flashfire
Pokémon TCG: XY—Flashfire is the latest expansion to the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise. Booster packs and theme decks—Brilliant Thunder and Mystic Typhoon—will be available in stores on May 7, 2014, bringing more than 100 new cards to collect and play.
Key Features of the Pokémon TCG: XY—Flashfire Expansion:
· Three new Mega Evolution Pokémon—The expansion features two powerful versions of Mega Charizard-EX (a Dragon-type Mega Charizard X and a Fire-type Mega Charizard Y), in addition to Mega Kangaskhan-EX.
· Five new Pokémon-EX cards and four new full-art Pokémon-EX rare Ultra cards—New Pokémon-EX cards include Charizard-EX (two versions), Toxicroak-EX, Magnezone-EX, and Kangaskhan-EX.
· New Pokémon—Over 25 Pokémon from the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y video games appear in this set, in addition to 15 Pokémon that appear in the Pokémon TCG for the very first time.
· 15 new Trainer cards including three new full-art rare Ultra Trainer cards—New Trainer cards bring increased depth and player strategy to competitive battles.
· Booster Packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion will sell for $3.99.
· Theme decks—60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away. Theme decks will sell for $12.99.
XY—Flashfire theme decks and booster packs include an in-pack code card that unlocks virtual cards from the XY—Flashfire expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at www.pokemon.com/tcgo.
Play! Pokémon provides opportunities for Pokémon TCG and video game players to enjoy their favorite games together—from casual Pokémon League gatherings to competitive events that make up the Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game Championship Series. The Championship Series culminates each year in the Pokémon World Championships, where players from more than 30 countries battle for the title of Pokémon World Champion in three different age divisions. The 2014 Pokémon World Championships will be held August 15–17 in Washington, DC. There are more than 300,000 entrants in Pokémon events worldwide each year.
New to Play! Pokémon? Check out a Pokémon League in your area! Pokémon Leagues are strong communities of Pokémon TCG and video game players around the world, and groups can be found in cities and towns in many countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Mexico, the United Kingdom, the United States, and others. Pokémon Leagues are a great way to play casually and trade with others! For more information about Play! Pokémon and finding a Pokémon League in your area, please visit pokemon.com/play.