Nickelodeon Announces Thanksgiving 2009 Weekend Programming
New episodes of hit shows mark Nickelodeon’s Thanksgiving weekend programming, starting November 26, 2009. The network will launch on Thanksgiving Day with a movie marathon from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM, including the SpongeBob SquarePants feature film. SpongeBob and The Penguins of Madagascar will be getting marathons on Friday, November 27, and a new episode of Fanboy and Chum Chum will debut on Saturday, November 28. Nicktoons Network will also be serving up marathons of Avatar the Last Airbender and Wolverine and the X-Men with pop-up facts on November 26 and 29, respectively, as well as airing new episodes of Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and Wolverine and the X-Men.
The full press release with details on scheduling follows:
NICKELODEON GIVES KIDS A REASON TO BE THANKFUL WITH
“SUPERSTUFFED NICKSGIVING WEEKEND”, BEGINNING THURSDAY, NOV. 26
Weekend Features New Episodes of iCarly, SpongeBob SquarePants,
The Penguins of Madagascar, and Fanboy and Chum Chum
Nick Presents Special Hour-Long Preview of New Series Big Time Rush
NEW YORK, Nov. 17, 2009 – Nickelodeon gives kids a reason to be thankful this holiday season with “Superstuffed Nicksgiving Weekend,” the network’s Thanksgiving celebration airing Thursday, Nov. 26, through Sunday, Nov. 29. “Superstuffed Nicksgiving Weekend” will feature new episodes of hit series, marathons, and movies, plus a special one-hour preview of the new live-action, scripted comedy series Big Time Rush, set to officially premiere in 2010.
Nickelodeon will kick off “Superstuffed Nicksgiving Weekend” on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 26, with back-to-back movies from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., including the theatrical hit SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie, and iCarly‘s TV movies “iDate a Bad Boy” and “iFight Shelby Marx.”
On Friday, Nov.27, Nickelodeon will turn the airwaves yellow, black and white with a day-long marathon of hit series SpongeBob SquarePants and The Penguins of Madagascar, capping off the night with new premieres of each at 8:00 and 8:30 p.m., respectively.
On Saturday, Nov. 28, Nickelodeon will premiere a brand-new episode of the recently-launched Fanboy and Chum Chum at 10:30 a.m. and a new episode of iCarly at 8:00 p.m. At 8:30 p.m., the network will present the special one-hour preview of the new series Big Time Rush The new series chronicles the journey of four best friends who are given the opportunity of a lifetime when they get a chance to be part of the glamorous L.A. pop music scene. Big Time Rush is about friendship and brotherhood that chronicles the finding, making and breaking of a potential chart-topping music group.
On Sunday, Nov. 29, Nickelodeon will encore the hit TV movie Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh at 8:00 p.m.
Nicktoons, the 24-hour animation network, will celebrate Thanksgiving with “Thanksgetting Weekend” from Thursday, Nov. 26 through Sunday, Nov. 29 with marathons leading into new episodes at 9:00 p.m. of Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes (Nov. 27), Iron Man: Armored Adventures (Nov. 28), and Wolverine and the X-Men (Nov. 29). The network will also run marathons of Avatar: The Last Airbender (Nov. 26) and Wolverine and the X-Men (Nov. 29) with pop-up facts.
TeenNick (formerly The N) will celebrate the holiday with the “Attack of the Little Sisters Thanksgiving Weekend” from Thursday, Nov. 26 to Sunday, Nov. 29, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (ET). All weekend-long, TeenNick will air marathons of the network’s favorite little sisters from Drake & Josh, What I Like About You and Full House.
On Thanksgiving Day, Nick Jr. will air Turkey Day episodes of Blues Clues, Max & Ruby, Maggie and Ferocious Beast, and Pinky Dinky Doo!.
Following is a full rundown of the “Superstuffed Nicksgiving Weekend” line-up:
Thursday, Nov. 26
Thanksgiving Day programming will feature back-to-back movies from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 27
8:00 p.m. SpongeBob SquarePants “Model Sponge/Greasy Buffoons”
- SpongeBob tries a career at being a model in a kitchen sponge commercial./ Mr. Krabs and Plankton woo customers with greasy entrees.
8:30 p.m. The Penguins of Madagascar “Over Phil/Miss Understanding”
- The chimps have been fighting over their conflicting hygiene habits, and finally Mason reaches his limit and moves out. Private tries to be a good friend, and accidentally agrees to let Mason move in with the penguins. But five’s a crowd in the penguin lair. So, the penguins decide they must patch things up between the two chimps.
- When the penguins overhear Alice saying that the zoo has three male penguins and one female, they’re a bit confused. The four of them are all men… right? Kowalski devises a test to prove they are all male, and when Skipper’s test comes up female, the team is devastated. After the news sinks in, Skipper seeks out Marlene to figure out what being a girl is all about. Turns out, it’s not what he expected.
Saturday, Nov. 28
10:30 a.m. Fanboy and Chum Chum “Chimp Chomp Chumps/Precious Pig”
- The boys are excitedly waiting in line for tickets to the new Chimp Chomp movie, when their bully, Boog, comes along. The dim-witted jock ends up right behind them and proceeds to torment the pair while they wait. The joke is on him though as Fanboy and Chum Chum end up with the last three tickets. Boog will do anything for their extra ticket so Fanboy and Chum Chum use this as an opportunity to get revenge on the man responsible for a thousand bops.
- Fanboy and Chum Chum are thrilled when they’re allowed to take home the class’ pot-bellied pig, Precious. Fanboy is determined to teach Precious a cool martial arts trick. Only their sparring is mistaken for Fanboy endangering the pig. Fanboy must try to convince the class that the pig’s karate skills are real or risk losing his precious pig.
8:00 p.m. iCarly “iMove Out”
- After Freddie’s mom embarrasses him on iCarly and shows his baby pictures at school, Freddie decides he’s tired of his mom treating him like a baby so he moves out. Even though his new pad is less than desirable, Freddie hopes to prove to his mom that he is a man now. Meanwhile, Carly, Sam and Freddie start up a successful pet photography business but quickly find themselves in a feud with a rival pet photo studio.
8:30 p.m. Big Time Rush (SPECIAL ONE-HOUR PREVIEW) Series Premieres in 2010
- In the special one-hour preview of Big Time Rush, 16-year-old Kendall is inadvertently discovered by eccentric record executive Gustavo Rocque during a nationwide casting call and must choose between staying home in Minneapolis with his friends and pursuing a singing career in Hollywood. Not seeing himself as a solo act, Kendall strikes a deal with the Hollywood image-maker and agrees to undergo extensive voice and dance training in exchange for giving his best friends – James, Logan, and Carlos – the opportunity to be in a music group with him. The boys pack up and travel with Kendall’s mom and younger sister from the snowy Midwest to sunny Los Angeles, where they move into the Palm Woods, a swanky temporary housing development where film companies and record labels house their new talent. But the boys soon learn that life in Hollywood is not all about hanging at the pool or attending late-night parties and realize they have a very short time to prove to themselves and the record label that they are serious about a music career.
Sunday, Nov. 29
8:00 p.m. Encore Presentation of Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh!
Following is a full rundown of Nicktoons’ “Nicksgetting Weekend” line-up:
Friday, Nov. 27
9:00 p.m. Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes “Bait & Switch”
- While Reed conducts an experiment designed to cure Ben Grimm, there’s an energy disruption which causes the experiment to go haywire. Now the Fantastic Four’s powers have switched, but they don’t have time to get used to them before they have to save the city.
9:30 p.m. Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes “Annihilation
- The Fantastic Four fall into a trap and are taken to the Negative Zone, where they’re attacked by Annihilus and his warriors. Something in the Zone is affecting the Four’s powers and things go from bad to worse when Doctor Doom arrives with Annihilus! But Doom isn’t one to share power, and he takes Annihilus’ energy source back to Earth with him. But even if the Four can escape Annihilus, how can they defeat Doom, who now has the power to destroy the world?
Saturday, Nov. 28
9:00 p.m. – Iron Man: Armored Adventures “Tales Of Suspense: Part One”
- Gene Khan wasn’t always the Mandarin and leader of the Tong—his step-father Zhang once held that title. Now Zhang is back for the Makluan Rings, and he’ll stop at nothing to get them all. Zhang captures Gene, Tony, and Pepper, and forces the location of the fifth ring from Tony. And while Rhodey struggles to find his friends, Tony and Gene are faced with the fifth guardian… an ancient dragon by the name of Fin Fang Foom. But without Tony’s armor and Gene’s rings… what can kids do against a dragon?
9:30 p.m. – Iron Man: Armored Adventures “Tales Of Suspense: Part Two”
- Secrets are revealed and friendships are destroyed forever as Rhodey dons the War Machine armor to save his friends from Zhang and Fin Fang Foom. With all five of the Makluan Rings now within Tony and Gene’s reach, it’s machine versus magic as Iron Man and War Machine fight against the dual threats of Fin Fang Foom and the Mandarin, in a battle that will change everything.
Sunday, Nov. 29
9:00 p.m. Wolverine and the X-Men “Foresight – Part 1”
- Jean Grey is now in the clutches of a shadowy organization known as The Inner Circle. The nature of the Phoenix Force dwelling inside her is explained, and a plan is set in motion to remove it from her before it can cause mass destruction. At the same time, Magneto uses Mystique to impersonate Senator Kelly and order the launch of the Sentinels on Genosha. In the face of such an overt and unprovoked attack from the humans, Magneto now has everything he needs to unite mutant-kind and mount a counterattack. However, Wanda wants no part of it and sends a warning to the X-Men, but will it be too late?
9:30 p.m. Wolverine and the X-Men “Foresight – Part 2”
- Jean is still in the clutches of the Inner Circle, where Emma and The Cuckoos work to open the mental barriers that Xavier had placed in Jean’s mind to hold back the Phoenix. But the process is interrupted by Jean’s psychic connection to Scott who is in trouble. That’s because the unconscious X-Men remain in their crashed jet outside the Sentinel launch facility while the MRD closes in on them. Emma insists on going to help Scott, creating a rift between her and the Inner Circle, which is widened when she learns that the Inner Circle does not plan to destroy the Phoenix, but instead to harness it. Meanwhile, in the future, Xavier has been forced to use Master Mold’s Cerebro unit to track down every last mutant on the planet, and once he’s finished, Master Mold prepares to execute them all. But at the last minute, some very surprising help comes to Xavier’s aid.
10:00 p.m. Wolverine and the X-Men “Foresight – Part 3”
- The final chapter. Magneto’s Sentinels land in New York, and begin their retaliation against the humans. Meanwhile, the Cuckoos have worn down Jean’s mind, and the final barriers holding back the Phoenix are ready to fall. In the future, Xavier, Bishop, and the rest of the X-Men prepare to make a final, hopeless stand against Master Mold. And in the present, it’s up to Wolverine to stop both Magneto and the Inner Circle, and prevent that catastrophic future from coming to pass.
Nickelodeon, now in its 30th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in almost 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 15 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visithttp:https://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).