Nickelodeon has announced that it is looking for concepts for short animated films, specifically ones that make preschoolers giggle. Concepts can be submitted online by visiting shorts.nickjr.com.
The following creative guidelines have been released:
– Shorts should include strong characters that appeal to both boys and girls between the ages of 2-5 years old.
– Shorts should be respectful of preschooler’s development, gearing humor and content to the audience.
– Shorts should be visually stimulating and push the conventions of design while working on a level respectful of preschooler’s development.
– Shorts should avoid topics and issues that date and link the series to a particular time and fad.
– Shorts should have no more than 2-3 characters.
– Shorts should be between :90 and 2:00 in length and should primarily take place in one setting.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, March 5, 2013. No submissions will be accepted after this time. Visit shorts.nickjr.com for more information.