Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Looney Tunes Fan is online now Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I DVR'd it that day, but they messed up the scheduling, so I only got the first half Luckily, it looks like they're gonna do it right this time Friday.
    Are you kidding me? I'm going to be super po'd if I only got the first half...
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

snowpeck is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh... I can't believe I missed this (twice.) Anybody think there's a chance they'll show it again?
    Last edited by snowpeck; 04-29-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale! Eee-hah!

Looney Tunes Fan is online now Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowpeck View Post
    Ugh... I can't believe I missed this (twice.) Anybody think there's a chance they'll show it again?
    It's possible, but as it's a Spring Break and semi-Easter special, I'm not sure if it'll air again.

As per my post earlier, my DVR luckily recorded the entire thing. Glad I wasn't affected by the supposed schedule change.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

RandomMe is offline Stave it off
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney Tunes Fan View Post
    It's possible, but as it's a Spring Break and semi-Easter special, I'm not sure if it'll air again.
    Easter, Halloween and Christmas specials rarely air after their respective seasons. Very rarely. So rarely, that the day they will air a special of that kind is more or less like an unexpected surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowpeck View Post
    my forst DVR recording only got the first half, but my second attempt got the whole thing. i recorded (via video camera) the first half. now i just need to record the second half and the special will then live on FOREVER!!

As for the Hub Network picking up other Silver Age shows, I'm sure they will. they picked up A! and TTA, as well as Batman Beyond (SERIOUSLY!?) and Batman the animated series, as well as Superman. I think the choice is obvious. *crosses fingers for Road Rovers being picked up*

Goldstar Neo is offline Straight cash, homey!
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundPuppiesfan View Post
    my forst DVR recording only got the first half, but my second attempt got the whole thing. i recorded (via video camera) the first half. now i just need to record the second half and the special will then live on FOREVER!!

As for the Hub Network picking up other Silver Age shows, I'm sure they will. they picked up A! and TTA, as well as Batman Beyond (SERIOUSLY!?) and Batman the animated series, as well as Superman. I think the choice is obvious. *crosses fingers for Road Rovers being picked up*
    Hate to burst your bubble, but Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures have since been relegated to only airing on weekday mornings, and A! only has 1 airing per day instead of 2. Superman: TAS, Batman: TAS and Batman Beyond aren't currently airing on The Hub, and The Hub acquiring Road Rovers is very unlikely, since a) RR wan't a popular series and is largely forgotten now, and b) there are only 13 episodes of RR, so even if The Hub were to acquire the series, there aren't enough episodes for a daily run. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it it's very, very unlikely.

Why is it a surprise that The Hub at one time aired Batman Beyond? BB was popular and had a good long run (4 seasons), and also Hasbro produced the BB toy line.

Getting back to the topic: The TTA Spring Break Special is a Spring Break special with an Easter subplot, and now that both occasions have passed, it seems unlikely that The Hub will air the special again this year. Maybe next year, assuming that Hasbro's broadcasting rights to TTA haven't expired by then, of course.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    The Hub acquiring Road Rovers is very unlikely, since a) RR wan't a popular series and is largely forgotten now, and b) there are only 13 episodes of RR, so even if The Hub were to acquire the series, there aren't enough episodes for a daily run. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it it's very, very unlikely.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Road Rovers first aired, the rating were almost as high as Superman at the time. Granted, it almost went into obscurity, but my point is that I didn't know the show existed until i came across an episode online. In which, i found it to be amazing and immediately became a fan of it. My point for all this is if people of today watch this show, they might become instant fans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    Getting back to the topic: The TTA Spring Break Special is a Spring Break special with an Easter subplot, and now that both occasions have passed, it seems unlikely that The Hub will air the special again this year. Maybe next year, assuming that Hasbro's broadcasting rights to TTA haven't expired by then, of course.
    my point in this one is when i record the second part, i'll post it online so that it won't be lost at all

Goldstar Neo is offline Straight cash, homey!
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundPupiesfan
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Road Rovers first aired, the rating were almost as high as Superman at the time.
    Do you have a source for this? And sorry, but another message board or the comments section of YouTube isn't a credible source. I personally haven't seen, heard or read anything to that effect, but if that's truly the case, then why did Road Rovers get canceled after a single season when even Freakazoid! got 2 seasons before being canceled due to low ratings?

My point for all this is if people of today watch this show, they might become instant fans as well.
    Road Rovers had it's chance to attract an audience twice; first when the series debuted on Kids WB! in 1996, and again when the reruns were shown on Cartoon Network from 1998 to 2000 It failed to attract a significant following either time. Regardless of the reason (be it poor scheduling, not enough repeat airings or whatever), RR just didn't do well enough to stay on the air. If Warner Bros. wants people to re-discover RR, they can release the series on DVD. They don't need for The Hub to acquire it.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 05-08-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

Silverstar is offline Doin' the Banana Split
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundPuppiesfan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Road Rovers first aired, the rating were almost as high as Superman at the time.
    I can't give you the exact numbers, but as someone who remembers when the show was first run on Kids' WB!, I can almost guarantee that Road Rovers' ratings were never anywhere near those of Superman: TAS. The fact that RR never got a second season should be a clear indication of that. Heck, even Freakazoid! got a 2nd season, and its' following has always been cult at best. Some sort of credible source of information to support that claim would help a lot.

Granted, it almost went into obscurity
    Not 'almost', it did fall into obscurity. You yourself had never heard of RR until you by chance caught a single episode of it online. If you only happen to discover that a show exists on the net 18 years after its' initial run, it's obscure.

but my point is that I didn't know the show existed until i came across an episode online. In which, i found it to be amazing and immediately became a fan of it. My point for all this is if people of today watch this show, they might become instant fans as well.
    That's a really big IF. Networks don't acquire shows "just because"; in order for any network to acquire a show, especially a long canceled show, there first has to be a substantial demand for it, and the fact is that most people have either forgotten about RR's existence or were never aware of its' existence to start with. No network is going to spend the money to acquire the repeats of an obscure One-Season Wonder show which they can't even give a daily run since there were only 13 episodes in total on the gamble that it could possibly ignite a huge following. RR didn't set the world on fire the first time it aired on broadcast television, nor did it spark a new craze when it was rerun on Cartoon Network, so there's no guarantee that it would fare any better on The Hub today.

my point in this one is when i record the second part (of the TTA Spring Break Special), i'll post it online so that it won't be lost at all
    Again, this is assuming that Tiny Toon Adventures will still be running on The Hub next spring. Acquisition rights don't last forever, and the fact that TTA has since been relocated to early weekday mornings clearly indicates that TTA is starting to lose some of its' heat on The Hub, since Hub's primary target audience is school-aged kids who aren't home weekday mornings after 9 AM. Also, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to discuss the illegal (read: unauthorized) posting or uploading of copywritten material on this board.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 05-08-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123