Quantcast

View Poll Results: Would Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain benefit from a primetime slot?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it might've gained a bigger audience

3 27.27%
  • No, it would've lost its charm

3 27.27%
  • I see both benefits and drawbacks

5 45.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why an "Animaniacs" revival will never work........

Like This Thread!
    I agree with Silverstar, an "Animaniacs" revival won't work. Here's proof:

Animaniacs Intro (LIVE by the original cast) - YouTube

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not sure what you're implying? That Rob, Jess and Tress can't do those characters justice anymore because I'd have to disagree with that. They've very talented actors who still work on cartoons regularly. I'd hardly consider that live performance their A game or even their B game though Rob and Jess hold things together better than Tress at this point. Tress has been phenomenal on Futurama though.

Reviving the entire thing would be rather difficult for many many other reasons. It would be a lot easier to make new Pinky and the Brain or just more adventures of the Warners than to revive every component of Animaniacs.

You could not really hope to make something that was quite the same but that doesn't mean they couldn't make a good show with the same characters and at least most of the same settings.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

EJLD4Ever is offline Animation Student
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Reviving the entire thing would be rather difficult for many many other reasons. It would be a lot easier to make new Pinky and the Brain or just more adventures of the Warners than to revive every component of Animaniacs.

You could not really hope to make something that was quite the same but that doesn't mean they couldn't make a good show with the same characters and at least most of the same settings.
    Yes. A spinoff would be acceptable, after all P&B got their own show, so I can't see why any other characters couldn't get their own shows. Hmmm... "The Rita and Runt Show?" "The Minerva Mink Show?" "The Goodfeathers Show?" Man, this is hard...
    SRD+CNW 12/18/09-3/27/11

Lemanic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EJLD4Ever View Post
    Yes. A spinoff would be acceptable, after all P&B got their own show, so I can't see why any other characters couldn't get their own shows. Hmmm... "The Rita and Runt Show?" "The Minerva Mink Show?" "The Goodfeathers Show?" Man, this is hard...
    Rita & Runt? Yes, please!

Narfpinky is offline ~splash~
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [Hi all, decided to merge DaffyDonald's thread "Why an "Animaniacs" revival will never work........ " with this not-too-far back thread for a little clarity.]

At best, any revival, prime-time or not, would be a mixed bag. Sure it would be great to see our characters back in something current, but it's very unlikely it'll feel the same as the series we all know. What I also wonder is what hasn't the whole (or parts of the) A! crew already done the first time around?
    Why Brain? What do we want to do tomorrow night? Throw a slumber party?

mimitchi33 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It might work in prime-time if nothing's competing with it. A Friday night slot would be perfect.
    Yes, I am lucky. Every one of my friends is that special someone.
    -Mumfie, Magic Adventures of Mumfie

zorinlynx is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaffyDonaldQW93 View Post
    I agree with Silverstar, an "Animaniacs" revival won't work. Here's proof:

Animaniacs Intro (LIVE by the original cast) - YouTube
    Umm, without Richard Stone handling musical direction we might as well bring people in off the street to do the voices.

His loss was a massive one to the world and without him there will be nothing that will ever sound quite the same or as good. R.I.P.

goldenboy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    Umm, without Richard Stone handling musical direction we might as well bring people in off the street to do the voices.

His loss was a massive one to the world and without him there will be nothing that will ever sound quite the same or as good. R.I.P.
    I don't care for Animaniacs (think it's very overrated) but if there was a revival, they could go to Bruce Broughton (Tiny Toon Adventures) to do music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12