Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2
    For those of you have a problem with what I post: I go by what I see. Hear. Live by the standards that I grew up with. So Really I can't understand everyone's problem
    I'm confused. I don't see what any of that has to do with the thread's topic, so now I'm just going to ask if anyone read my blog entry that I linked to back in post #46?
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 01-22-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I'll jump into the fray..I think WBA should invest in new ideas. Forgive me if I have my studios wrong or whatever, but at the moment, I've had it with the endless Loony Tunes and Scooby-Doo. WBA has BEEN proven that these franchises are successful. Rather than plaguing us with reboot after reboot, they should look into the rising talent of new material. WBA stuff typically stands apart from Disney because it's usually driven by action, instead of magic and love. It was a refreshing thing. Unfortunately, anybody wishing to work for such a company will most likely be sent to work on Loony Tunes, endless Scooby-Doo movies and DC shows that their distributing channel will run into the ground anyhow. WBA seems to be stuck in this 'What's Popular' phase. LT, Scoob, and DC seem to be the only things keeping this place alive. Another mess up could spell the end for WBA and rather than looking at the cards dealt to then by new talent, they bail out on potentially hit-shows and stick with old reliables. Unfortunately, these old reliables are getting old themselves.
    I'm a Writer, first. THEN I'm an artist.

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Based on what I've seen, the problem with WB doesn't lie so much with their projects (though it does to a degree) but with the corporations in charge of them. Time-Warner and the entertainment companies under its' umbrella, Warner Brothers Animation (who own the Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera properties), DC Comics and Turner Broadcasting/Cartoon Network (who are in charge of the cartoons in the Turner library), co-exist under the same corporate umbrella but are rarely on the same page about anything. They each have different goals and different agendas, rarely promote one another or openly work together except to satisfy their own ends, rarely communicate with one another and don't even seem to like each other very much. Time Warner's way of dealing with a project or property is to toss out a wad of cash and let its' subsidiaries fight it out over it; there's little to no corporate loyalty among them.

They've become complacent and scared to experiment with new ideas and concepts, and it's no wonder since if a project doesn't fall in line with the agendas or goals of one of the other companies (for example, any WBA project that isn't comedy-oriented or boy-centric on Cartoon Network) will get next to zero promotion, exposure, support or replay and will get promptly buried. They make promises that they can't keep (the prime example of this is the debacle of their recent DC superhero movies) and they've become way too reliant on proven formulas and properties (Batman, Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry, etc.) to the detriment of their other properties and any new ideas which may be waiting in the wings. As a result, their recent works have run the gamut from 'meh', fair at best to outright disastrous.

Things can turn around at Warner, but they seriously need to rethink their corporate strategy if they're ever going to make headway out of this hamster wheel they're currently running around in.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What needs to go is the people in charge

wiley207 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darissa Townes View Post
    Forgive me if I have my studios wrong or whatever, but at the moment, I've had it with the endless Loony Tunes and Scooby-Doo
    Uh, WBA has barely made ANY new Looney Tunes material since 2004, not counting "The Looney Tunes Show." It's now mostly just Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry and the DC Comics family.
    Sure, try some new original stuff, but at least do more stuff with the Looney Tunes too! THEY can be less formulaic than Tom and Jerry!

Lemanic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    ... and be replaced with well-read fans that have at least read "Chuck Amuck" a dozen times unironically to know what's up? Yes, Please!

Then they can start making new stuff.

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Regarding the DC live action movies: Warner Brothers needs to make a cohesive plan and then stick to that plan, regardless of what the competition happens to be doing at the same time. If there's a 5-10 year plan for the DC features, then stick to it. Don't suddenly change your game plan just because one of Marvel's films made a ton of money at the box office. WB should make a Man of Steel sequel. WB should make a Batman reboot. WB should make a Wonder Woman movie and a Flash movie before busting out with the Justice League film. So what if Marvel did it first? Disney and Marvel had a plan and they kept to it. WB and DC should do likewise.

Regarding the animated properties: Warner Brothers needs to step out of their comfort zone and focus on some franchises besides the ones that they know will make some money. No more milking Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry and Batman exclusively. I like Batman, but he's not the only DC super hero.It's high time that Superman, Wonder Woman and the other DC heroes got some love. After that, a new and decent Looney Tunes series would be nice.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 02-02-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    Whoever's in charge of WBA, they and The Powers That Be in charge of DC Comics and Turner/CN are going to have to learn to play ball with one another. As long as all of the corporate entities under the Time-Warner banner continue to only look out for themselves and don't bother trying to work or even communicate with one another, their projects aren't going to get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley207
    Uh, WBA has barely made ANY new Looney Tunes material since 2004, not counting "The Looney Tunes Show." It's now mostly just Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry and the DC Comics family.
    Sure, try some new original stuff, but at least do more stuff with the Looney Tunes too! THEY can be less formulaic than Tom and Jerry!
    For any future Looney Tunes projects, please WB, give us something closer to the original shorts in terms of material and execution. The Looney Tunes Show was fair at best, I'd like to get a good LT show that'll resonate with fans, and if not another series, some new theatrical shorts or some DTVs. Just something different besides just what we've been getting for the past few years. I'm not even a big Hanna-Barbera booster and I think it's kind of silly how WB absorbed HB and all of their various properties years ago, but have chosen to just sit on most of them and not do anything with them aside from Scooby and Tom & Jerry. Would it kill WBA to do something new with the Flintstones, the Jetsons, Blue Falcon & Dynomutt, Honk Kong Phooey, the Wacky Racers or Yogi's Gang? And I don't just mean some live-action/CGI hybrid movie with Hollywood celebrities providing the characters' voices; how about a new show for Cartoon Network, or a DTV series, something, as long as it's not just more Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry or Batman? Those characters are great and they make money, but they're not all WB has. WB is capable of doing so much more than what they're doing now, they just really need to get their business together.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

ILDC is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's being reported that The Lego Movie is tracking so well, a sequel is already in development. So maybe Warner Bros. will once again become a major player in animation. Or maybe they'll just have another Happy Feet 2 on their hands.
    Last edited by ILDC; 02-03-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    It's being reported that The Lego Movie is so tracking well, a sequel is already in development. So maybe Warner Bros. will once again become a major player in animation. Or maybe they'll just have another Happy Feet 2 on their hands.
    Of course they'd be willing to push animation if it's from a multi-million dollar franchise. I'm sorry, I find this ridiculous. They're gonna pour money into making a sequel for a franchise film that's JUST been released overseas rather than investing in the treasure trove of superheroes at their fingertips? Or even better, something NEW to put them back on the map?!

Sounds like the Lego Movie franchise will go hand in hand with Scoob and Batsy as being the only things WBA makes.

...that being said, the movie itself sounds friggin' awesome.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    It's being reported that The Lego Movie is so tracking well, a sequel is already in development. So maybe Warner Bros. will once again become a major player in animation. Or maybe they'll just have another Happy Feet 2 on their hands.
    More like we'll have a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, since the original writers won't be involved.
    I'm not surprised a sequel is getting made. The movie's highly anticipated, getting great reviews so far, and it was made on a budget of $60 million! The movie's bound to make a profit with ease.
    It's performance will definitely lead to more Lego films AND more WB animated movies, and I'll be interested in seeing what they'll make. I can't get the article at the moment, but it talked about how WB is the only studio that's not churning out animated films on a regular basis.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel everyone should read this Only if you're not willing to look at this on the Cartoon Network or Adult Swim forum(s), because this may just be another nail in the coffin, regarding this situation: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/04/bu...expanding.html
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    I feel everyone should read this Only if you're not willing to look at this on the Cartoon Network or Adult Swim forum(s), because this may just be another nail in the coffin, regarding this situation: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/04/bu...expanding.html
    Here's an idea for WBA, why not show those PG-13 DTV DC movies? When it comes to 'mature' animation, I think that's one thing WBA does VERY well. And with CN running their programs into the dirt on Saturday mornings and AS's lineup being nothing but mind-numbing FOX reruns, this might be a good way for WBA to get a larger audience.

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quite frankly I'm starting to wonder why even bother hoping anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the above remark is in regards to the recent announcements at Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, that was Stuart Snyder's decision, not Warner Brothers'., and this news doesn't really affect WB directly in any way directly, except that they won't be producing anything for CN in prime time anymore.

If it's about the Man of Steel/Batman/Superman/Justice League Origins/Whatever DC's Calling It Now movie, that's for the Entertainment board.

THGhost is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rajzfilm View Post
    Nick also only has one (Legend of Korra)
    Their new TMNT series is awesome too, don't forget about that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4